• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavaloo

...you fast forwarded the good segments?

we can agree to disagree? every segment is "i used to trust you paul, i should have known not to"

i know a lot of people loved the promo where heyman is screaming about hot lava, but i hated it. same with punk's i feel pretty promo, but i'm sure that was for the shield.

edit: new paige
ddp275.jpg

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
So is Batista squashing Ryder tonight or on Smackdown?

Realistically there aren't that many people the internet fans are behind.

Bryan, Punk, Ziggler, and Ryder have basically been it.

Well they read WrassleGAF right? They can always get Archibald Peck to do a squash.

we can agree to disagree? every segment is "i used to trust you paul, i should have known not to"

i know a lot of people loved the promo where heyman is screaming about hot lava, but i hated it. same with punk's i feel pretty promo, but i'm sure that was for the shield.
no WE CANNOT

nah it's cool but i'm surprised b/c that was the good shit. I mean ff'ing everything that came after SummerSlam is just because that shit dragged. The "I feel pretty" one was when he was feuding with Shield, i think?

but your hate of the lava promo, i just don't know anymore man

Billy Robinson died. :/

Boots :(

Woah, shit, no way? That's incredibly sad to hear, Billy was a true great that I've only really begun to appreciate in the past few years. Wish more footage was available, especially from IWE, where he became the first gaijin champion in Japan.

Here's a playlist with a dozen or so matches highlighting his legendary in-ring career that spanned three decades;

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzDDXRqWSUXZ4RUz1ylwfEhQ9f_tMf3qz

Billy's vastly under-appreciated amongst western wrestling fans (the MMA fans are probably well aware of his credentials, however) and to anyone not familiar with the man or his work I'd highly recommend checking out some of the matches above - Robinson will go down as one of the true greats of British wrestling, a tough, technical and smart wrestler who made a success of himself wherever the wrestling business took him. R.I.P.

jmdajr

Domestic Box Office

Batista

Riddick- $42,025,135
The Man with the Iron Fists- $15,634,090

Nash

Rock of Ages - $38,518,613
The Punisher - $33,810,189
Magic Mike - $113,721,571
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2- $78,656,813
DOA:Dead or Alive-$480,813 (LOL)

Pavaloo

no WE CANNOT

nah it's cool but i'm surprised b/c that was the good shit. I mean ff'ing everything that came after SummerSlam is just because that shit dragged. The "I feel pretty" one was when he was feuding with Shield, i think?

but your hate of the lava promo, i just don't know anymore man

hahaha yeah I figured the lava promo would be divisive. See with the lava promo it just falls into this category for me where the guy goes "i have nothing left to say BUT IF I SAY IT LOUDLY IT WILL GET HYYPE" and the same goes for when Punk calls out a fat-guy in the audience "because I'm mad! AND I WANT TO FIGHT"

just leaves me going, eh

funny enough all the stuff he did with the shield is definitely worth fast-forwarding through, but I kept watching because The Shield's promos always get my attention

Rapstah

This Cody Rhodes tweet makes it sound like wrestlers are trying to tweet positive things about Chicago to not get booed.
Guys pandering to tonight's crowd outta' fear is blahhh...if you've been good to CHI and you're worth a damn, they'll be good to you. #RAW
I have to go see if that's happening now with the more insecure guys.

Edit: No one's doing it. Weird.

This Cody Rhodes tweet makes it sound like wrestlers are trying to tweet positive things about Chicago to not get booed.

Time to tell #HijackRAW to boo Cody along with the rest of the plebs!

Pavaloo

Edit: No one's doing it. Weird.

batista will probably pander to the city to a choir of boos

Rapstah

Time to tell #HijackRAW to boo Cody along with the rest of the plebs!

The only one doing anything close to it is John Cena and nothing's changing the reaction to him anyway. And besides maybe he always does it with every Raw.

Batista's Twitter may be the worst wrestler Twitter I've seen in a long time and I've seen Curtis Axel's.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
A true heel would come in and rip into Chicago.

You're the X-Pac of cities. Chicago, 1996 called and they're sick and tired of you, feel free to join us in the year 2014 anytime you want. Where is the Dudleyz of the modern WWE when you need them

The only one doing anything close to it is John Cena and nothing's changing the reaction to him anyway. And besides maybe he always does it with every Raw.

Batista's Twitter may be the worst wrestler Twitter I've seen in a long time and I've seen Curtis Axel's.

Damn you Cena! You hear me? Damn you!

Nameless

Domestic Box Office

Batista

Riddick- $42,025,135
The Man with the Iron Fists- $15,634,090

Nash

Rock of Ages - $38,518,613
The Punisher - $33,810,189
Magic Mike - $113,721,571
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2- $78,656,813
DOA:Dead or Alive-$480,813 (LOL)

Smugnash.jpg

No wrestler will ever play a role as iconic as The Shredder. Nash wins.

gurudyne

hahaha yeah I figured the lava promo would be divisive. See with the lava promo it just falls into this category for me where the guy goes "i have nothing left to say BUT IF I SAY IT LOUDLY IT WILL GET HYYPE" and the same goes for when Punk calls out a fat-guy in the audience "because I'm mad! AND I WANT TO FIGHT"

I liked the fat guy promo. Mainly because Punk had been coasting up until then and let some passion show again (and that's pretty much the only thing that kept that feud interesting watchable after Brock), but it was hilarious when Heyman dogpiled on the same guy later.

jmdajr

Hulk Hogan

Rocky 3 - $125,049,125
No Hold Barred - $16,093,651
Suburban Commando- $6,948,859
Mr. Nanny-$4,348,572

I think Batista will out do Hogan after August.

Howard Finkel coming down to the ring on the first episode of the Smackdown to Ultimate Warrior's theme music is freaking GOLD

OH GOD TONY CHIMEL JUST ATTACKED HIM LIKE THE ASSHOLE HE IS

jred2k

Can we make it a rule that if you have to click "see full cast" on IMDB, its not really a person's movie. At least Wade Barrett got in the trailer for Dead Man Down.

You're forgetting the front-and-centre placement he received on the cover of Wrong Side of Town.

Which makes no damn sense considering he's not the goddamn main character of the movie!
...Just the dark horse character who gets way more popular than the boring main character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom