• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It was a vision quest from Spider From Mars to get some new blood reviewing, and unfortunately optimizing gifs is a more advanced technique. So we're gonna have some manster-sized ones.

I would like to ask, out of respect for those who like pictures, to either make most of your gifs links except the VERY exceptional gifs. It'd be appreciated for those who don't want to shut off images altogether.

Thanks for your understanding - this is the best locker room out of all of Community-GAF.

strobogo

Banned
From now on, instead of giving GAF an exclusive of reviews before they go to Legit Shook, I will now be linking them so no one will ever read them and I will be wasting my time even more.

Aiii

So not worth it
Main Event match sets a record
In case you missed it, you should go out of your way to watch the Natalya -AJ Lee Divas title match on this week’s episode of WWE Main Event. It was easily the best WWE Divas match in years. Also, at 14:19, it was the longest Divas Championship Match in history, and the longest women’s title match since Sensational Sherri defeated defeated Velvet McIntyre in 14:31 in October of 1987

That's kind of cool, and very sad at the the same time.

Kaladin

It was a vision quest from Spider From Mars to get some new blood reviewing, and unfortunately optimizing gifs is a more advanced technique. So we're gonna have some manster-sized ones.

I would like to ask, out of respect for those who like pictures, to either make most of your gifs links except the VERY exceptional gifs. It'd be appreciated for those who don't want to shut off images altogether.

Thanks for your understanding - this is the best locker room out of all of Community-GAF.

Metal Gaf's locker room is up there with us....it's just smaller.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

Yeah, it's not about being an ass. It would just be a nice favor.

• 1. make gif in gifcam and save
  • 2. open GIMP, open gif
  • 3. go to image > resize and set the pixel width to something sensible like 350 or under
  • 4. hold ctrl + shift and press 'e' to export the image
  • 5. in the dialogue box that pops up when you press save, make sure 'As Animation', 'Loop forever' and 'Use delay entered above for all frames' are all checked
  • 6. in the 'Delay between frames field' you need to set the framerate, which depends on what framerate you had gifcam set to when you made the gif;
    • a) if set to 60 fps, enter a delay of 35 frames
    • b) if set to 15 fps, enter a delay of 65 frames
    • c) if set to 10 fps, enter a delay of 100 frames
  • 7. press 'export' and the image will save - if it plays too fast or slow, mess around with the frame delay and re-save until it looks correct
Result, an 8.5mb gif reduced to 2.93mb;

i9fYi0jTxdeAb.gif

Main Event match sets a record
In case you missed it, you should go out of your way to watch the Natalya -AJ Lee Divas title match on this week’s episode of WWE Main Event. It was easily the best WWE Divas match in years. Also, at 14:19, it was the longest Divas Championship Match in history, and the longest women’s title match since Sensational Sherri defeated defeated Velvet McIntyre in 14:31 in October of 1987

I'm surprised that Trish and Lita never had a longer match than that.

DMczaf

What the fuck is up with Valve. That redesigned Steam controller still seems shitty.

"What if we have 4 separate buttons in a diamond-form as our D-Pad? People will love it!"

tm24

and unfortunately optimizing gifs is a more advanced technique. So we're gonna have some manster-sized ones.

That's no excuse. Just like we don't excuse indie workers for using a burning hammer 5 minutes into the match, you cant just pump out 7 mb gifs and not expect some backlash for not trying to make it better. Really think we should implement a size limit for post before the issue gets outside the thread. We don't want to be the Dan Maff's of gifmaking

jmdajr

Just a bit of news

Got back my one year test results. X-rays,blood work, ct scan, etc.
Things are looking as the doctor said..... "Excellent"

Cancer I got two words for ya...

hhh4_zpseee146a9.gif

hhh5_zps5c890170.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Legitshook.com is now hosting all the Mania Reviews as well, find it on the front page of legitshook.com!

tm24, brah, it's ok. We're gonna make it.

The Mania reviews are a daily thing, once it wraps up things will be quieter - with Bootaaay's tutorial (which is a must-read for anyone anywhere on GAF) things will improve, and after Mania reviews wrap up, we'll be back to normal.

We're all pals here, even if some of us have less bandwidth.

Omerta my friends. No need for outside help. We can take care of this.

AND YESSSSS JMDAJR! This calls for a celebration!

Lou Thesz gifs are exempt from any kind of size limit. In fact, the bigger the better.

Another tip for keeping gifs smaller: Try not to have more than 100 frames unless it really needs it.

I was just gonna gif the entire Hollywood Backlot brawl and leave it full sized, because it definitely needs it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Congrats jmdajr!

Unrelated:

jb515.png

Found this in google cache on wrasslegaf while looking for John Cena forehead.jpg(which I could not find), didn't bother to check the context and I can't think of a post to use it for.

damn, those Wrestlemania gifs are huge.

the only review i regret making the gifs to big is the Batista v Lucero fight.

ibwCNzMhhXDAdd.gif

should've kept them smaller. as for the rest, i average between 20 to 35mb per review.

mrboo001

Banned
MrBoo, great review. I loved it.

Thanks! It was really fun to do (Austin vs Heart helped a lot) but I had to watch the whole thing twice to get all the gifs. My appreciation for the steady reviewers like strobogo and gone up greatly.

Who was keeping tabs on all the Mania posts themselves? With everyones' permission, I'd like to post them on legitshook.com anyhow.

I will make it opt-out, just PM me if you do NOT want your work on legitshook.com.

I'd be fine with it. To be honest, I think that's where it should be posted to anyways.

If you guys want I can just make my gifs in the review links. Already did it for some anyways.

strobogo

Banned
Having caught up to WM25, it stands out that Cena is REALLY bad at triple threats, "epics", and feigning shock or surprise. Also of note, even though he was over in 2005, there were still boring chants during his very first title win match and there has never been a year where fans were even 70% on his side at WM. I'm pretty sure I saw Bork plant in the area of the crowd where Cena jumped into after winning at 25.

strobogo

Banned
Could you gif a Lou Thesz match next?

Lol at Orton/HHH at 25. Both guys hit their finishers within 5 minutes of the match starting. The RKO was Orton's first offensive move and the pedigree was HHH's first offensive move that wasn't a kick or a punch. It was like they just skipped to 15 minutes in.

joelseph

It's all fun and games but atleast people are getting educated on reducing gif sizes. Gifcam made it too easy to poop out huge files.

Alucard

Banned

Oh man, that sounds cool. I'd love to check it out, especially if people are calling it the best Divas match in years. And at almost 15 minutes? Give it to me.

Do Main Event matches ever make it to youtube?

Heel

http://www.angelfire.com/sports/legitshook/bret.html

gZSNJqV.gif
gZSNJqV.gif
gZSNJqV.gif

Code:
                              |
             ____    ____    _____   _____
            | __ )  |  _ \ || ____| |_   _|
            |  _ \  | |_) |-|  _|     | |
"HITMAN"    | |_) |,|  _ < || |___-,  | |    "HITMAN"
            |____// |_| \_|-|_____| \ |_|
                 T     /   |   \     T
      --  --  -- | -- | --   -- | -- | --  --  --
             _   _     \_  |   ____  Y_____
            | | | |    /`\---~|  _ \/|_   _|
 "HITMAN"   | |_| |`-./ _ \|  | |_) |  | |   "HITMAN"
            |  _  |  / ___ \--|  _ <   | |
            |_| |_| |_/   \_| |_| \_|  |_|

|

gZSNJqV.gif
gZSNJqV.gif
gZSNJqV.gif

aYm4plSs.jpg

"The Best There Is The Best There Was And The Best There Ever Will Be" - Bret Hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom