• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Fex

I'm thinking the preview stuff was either a PC build or maybe even a PS4/XB1 build they haven't revealed yet. But yeah, I always thought the previews for Dark Souls 2 looked a little too good to be true for modern hardware and given FromSoftware's level of experience with high end graphics.

Demons and Dark Souls both looked good, not great, but also not terrible. They looked plenty serviceable and made up for a lack of flashy fancy graphics with good artwork design. But really, if you're coming to a Souls game for graphics you're so doing it wrong.

PC modded stuff can look really good like say that GTAIV mod a while back with the realistic looking stuff. But I don't know, probably the same for new PC games.

But if it's too good to be true it usually is. They don't know this, they've got bigger expectations than a fedora wearer on OKcupid.

Those games look fine already, I know the big thing is the difficulty that no one shuts up about but I think the gameplay is neat.

the ultimate challenge, Can gaming side go 5 minutes without talking about dark souls? I think not!

And now you insult Morgan Webb? You just crossed the line

They were just tools Cure. HUGE tools that thought they were funny. That about sums up G4 overall.

The next WWE game should be more like Dark Souls.

oD6UQJA.png

Dark souls 2 doesn't look amazing, but I think that's because it looks to be dealing with a brighter color pallet. I don't remember there being much greenery in the other games, and I remember them being super dark.

Might just be me though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Only issue I have with Dark Souls 2 is it feels far more aimless than the previous couple games, to its detriment. But that's like having a minor gripe with the Mona Lisa.

strobogo

Banned
The next WWE game should be more like Metal Gear Rising, but with a sledgehammer instead of a sword.

I got a chuckle from the Hogan/Andre WM Rewind when Dolph says everyone wanted Hogan to win and then asked who would even say Andre...only for it to cut to Stephanie saying SHE wanted Andre to win.

Wow. Prior to the match they discuss how A.J. Lost twice in the past week. They seriously do a poor job of building credibility with their champions.

Sucks that the girls can only get decent matches on Main Event and NXT. They really have a chance to bring them back to relevancy/work rate with a new Smackdown Six (A.J., Natalya, Trinity, Paige, Emma and Summer Rae). They've got more than 10 divas to build a credible division.

strobogo

Banned
Kevin does the Pointless podcast, which I enjoy even though I never watched G4 and had no idea who he was until he started doing the podcast/showing up on Deathsquad stuff.

Ninhead

I'm watching Royal Rumble 2005, and there's the most fucking bizarre promo between Heidenreich and Snitsky about how they hate caskets, but they like each other. I'll never sleep again.

I'm watching Royal Rumble 2005, and there's the most fucking bizarre promo between Heidenreich and Snitsky about how they hate caskets, but they like each other. I'll never sleep again.
Heidenreich was attached to some real homoerotic stuff...

Michael Cole was never the same.

Mid-2000s WWE had the weirdest fucking roster ever. Almost none of them stuck around either.

Snitsky
Umaga
Heidenreich
Mark Jindrak
Carlito
MVP
Deuce and Domino
Mr. Kennedy
Lashley

I hated all of these dipshits. They (and others I'm surely forgetting) slowly contributed to me not bothering with the product anymore for quite a few years.

The roster now is amazing though. I even like a good chunk of the random jobbers they have as well.

I thought Kennedy before he got caught using roids or whatever wasn't bad, once he came back all small though he was useless as he couldn't even do his original finishing move. I don't know what the hell he's been doing in TNA, probably sucking.

somedevil

I thought Kennedy before he got caught using roids or whatever wasn't bad, once he came back all small though he was useless as he couldn't even do his original finishing move. I don't know what the hell he's been doing in TNA, probably sucking.

Being the worst wrestling character in 2011 that ruined him for years with great stuff like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFRSgdCyRRQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhtuhaOoeUU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mwq5-94L_U

Mid-2000s also had some peculiar divas.

Krystal
Jillian
Ahsley
Others I can't remember

All fucking sucked, and were boring as hell.

On the other hand, you got:

Candice (Hottest diva ever bar none)
Maria
Layla (Although she only got better later on)
Victoria

Which were pretty great (maybe not in the ring lol, but whatever)

As well as some of the older divas like Trish, Stacy, and Torrie.

Mid-2000s WWE was just a really weird mishmash period of some really good parts, mixed in with a lot of shit. Nothing really stuck around back then.

I liked Kennedy till they changed his theme. I remember the IWC being pissed at Orton for supposedly getting him fired.

Watching EC 2009. I love when Cena bolts immediately for the door after getting pinned. I think he does that a lot when he loses a match. WM27/28 he rolls out the ring the second he loses.

Awww man this Triple H promo on SD. He literally said,
"I will bury Daniel Bryan."

We ain't ready brehs. They're making me care for this match.

LOL @ Cole accidentally saying The Yes Movement Segment was last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom