• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr.Awesome doesn't have the cajones to get the mods on the horn. A little perro like him only talks big to try and convince the head honchos of the thread that he's cool.

PInk Tape

Banned
Cesaro will win that BR. I can feel it.

I told you guys before I started making a long report to the mods off the off topicness and hostility to new posters. He topped the list. This movement will end in my ultimate goal with the locking of Wrasslegaf.
vvsV9WG.png

#FreeWrasslegaf

Edit: So we can safely say Nikki's the #1 contender now... I hope.

Aiii

So not worth it
Kurt Angle, Ric Flair and Steve Austin growing up. I'm not a hardcore smark so I don't really have a particular favorite when it comes to lucha libre or japan. I hate to list Bryan and Punk since they're still really current but I've been a fan of both since ROH.

Oh, don't worry, a fave five can have current era wrestlers. Especially off that level, these guys been around for over a decade.

Welcome!

strobogo

Banned
That Lex Luger Figure Four from WrestleWar is hard to watch. He just completely forgot what it's supposed to look like from start to finish. I really feel bad for any wrestler that has to try and sell a botch that bad.

Rusev fan AND trying to get WrassleGAF locked?

#TrueMonster

I think Lex's was worse. He tried twisting the wrong leg the wrong direction and then looked like he tried to put himself in the figure four once he got on the mat.

Heel

Wrassle-GAF member plywood thanks everyone for their concern during this trying time. He looks forward to rejoining NeoGAF.com internet forum society in seven days.

He is turning face. He is going to get a push after WrestleMania. Also, him winning that trophy is probably better than him having 6-7 match at WrestleMania that will be overshadowed.

The top 4 matches alone take up half of WrestleMania. After the 4 matches they have the battle royal, a divas match, a tag team title match and a shield match. All they need is a preshow match but a good thing to do is start the battle royal on the preshow then to see the rest order the pay per view.

So the card is basically filled.

Is he rumored to win the battle royal? Whatever happened to under card matches at WM? Those 12 match WM cards. They're just throwing talent into a battle royal with backed by Hogan's return. Then again a lot of talent wouldn't get to compete if they didn't do it but honestly I don't really see how that matters when they're just being thrown into a battle royal.

Justin85

Serious question: Why did WWE make JBL their third announcer? He's decent, but there are a ton of ex-wrestlers who'd be better than him. Does Vince just really like him?

strobogo

Banned
What made you so bitter lately Stro? Anything we can do to help?

Here, this will make you feel better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uny_-7jj1Lw

Grown ass dudes posting pages of wrestlers drawn with women faces and in sexual manners is fucking weird and creepy and no one wants to see it. It isn't funny. It makes me think the people posting it have a stash of pedo shit hidden on their PC. One person does it then everyone piles on like it is some hilarious 4chan bullshit or something. How hard is it to not post that kind of garbage in here?

Pavaloo

Guys why is Titanfall so big. I don't understand, isn't this coming to 360, whats with all these gigabytes?

edit: also just saw Trips' opening promo for Smackdown, dude is consistently good.
"I WILL BURY DANIEL BRYAN"
will be a legendary moment to call back to years from now.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
WCW, man. He's a broken man, now. I just hope the same thing doesn't happen to our TNA fans in the thread :(

TNA is fine my man. They are in a bit of a transition mode right now, but Impact has been solid for the last few weeks and Lockdown, outside of the finish to the last couple of matches was decent enough.

Don't cry for us.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Grown ass dudes posting pages of wrestlers drawn with women faces and in sexual manners is fucking weird and creepy and no one wants to see it. It isn't funny. It makes me think the people posting it have a stash of pedo shit hidden on their PC. One person does it then everyone piles on like it is some hilarious 4chan bullshit or something. How hard is it to not post that kind of garbage in here?

Right_to_Censor.1.jpg

It's funny to look at bad and weird fan art. Relax

XenoRaven

I wonder in the beginning of the RTC gimmick, Stevie Richards showed up with his sleeves torn off and then after an awkward silence, Goodfather just said "You might wanna just wear a regular shirt."

somedevil

Is he rumored to win the battle royal? Whatever happened to under card matches at WM? Those 12 match WM cards. They're just throwing talent into a battle royal with backed by Hogan's return. Then again a lot of talent wouldn't get to compete if they didn't do it but honestly I don't really see how that matters when they're just being thrown into a battle royal.

The last 12 was the crazy long wrestlemania in 2004 after that its like 8 or 9 matches. The thing is the top 4 matches alone are all over 20 minutes. So it seems like this year they are going for quality over quanity.

I've never understood why wrestling fans always end up resorting to doing gimmick posting.

Its fine if its one but when it gets to 5 or 6 its annoying. Also, what is a bit annoying is going through like 1 or 2 pages of off topic conversation.

Meh, I don't have a problem going off topic a bit. This thread is basically a group of friends at this point. I like hearing what other people's opinions are on various topics.

idk, how long did it even go for? i think last night was like half a page or something. i don't wanna check. i don't think it happens so often that it bothers me, though it stops being funny after a few posts pretty much every time

XenoRaven

BTW Lambda, I'm a little bit late, but thanks for all your Suzuki reviews. I enjoyed them quite a bit.

When I first started watching Suzuki in NJPW he just looked like such a badass. As it turns out, he actually is one. I was really surprised to see he had such an accomplished MMA career.

strobogo

Banned
Did Stu Hart ever have any idea of where he was? Even footage of him from the 70s and 80s looks like he was in his own world at all times. Once he started getting shown in the 90s, dude looked like he didn't even know if he was alive or not.

jred2k

Is there any chance the 30 man Battle Royal was created because of changes made to PPV bonuses? If they have to pay bonuses on a lower amount of buys they could afford to pay way more guys for the same cost.

Does anyone know how PPV bonuses have traditionally worked or if the math would break down similar to the above?

PInk Tape

Banned
I've seen images similar to those on Tumblr; I guess I'm
sadly
used to things like that now.

Edit: Ugh. Shield saving this ME for me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone turning on each other. That's alright, cooler heads get shit happenin.

We have maybe 2 gimmick posters. If anyone thinks I'm a gimmick poster, they're crazy. I legitimately enjoy huge dudes and WBF. Anyone thinks that's a gimmick, they can eat 3x their body weight in protein, brother.

Community threads are a community, and a mega thread and catch all for everything Neogafs wrestling fans enjoy. We make jokes, we complain, we talk about off topic shit sometimes because we are like a big family. If you're upset this place isn't strictly wrestling 24/7, ask a friendly mod to take us out of community, because we are currently a community of wrestling fans with diverse tastes.

As for Midnight Wrasslegaf, I find it's current incarnation funny, but it can wear out it's welcome. A few years back it was far more creepy and not comical. It's not everyone's cup of tea but omertà brothers.

We will take care of shit, but we are a family until this topic goes back to OT proper. You can't choose your family... Or your Battlebowl partners.

gurudyne

I've never understood why wrestling fans always end up resorting to doing gimmick posting.

I can see the appeal to it, but too many people do it, not enough of them well. And then some people just threadshit and call it a gimmick. Some of them do it too long and become marks for themselves, take their show on the road and find out the Gaming side and OT Vinnie Macs don't take well to it, wind up wearing grey name tags to their dark matches or shuffled off to another promotion altogether.

Dolph, you had your Wrasslemania moment. It just happened 24 hours afterward.

To be fair, it was a fucking awesome Mania moment.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Darkside did his or her time in Wrasslegaf Prison , they are rehabilitated and should not have previous crimes brought up when they are clearly rehabbed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom