• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

jred2k

How in the fuck does the Sunny at WM14 turn in to current Sunny? Comparing the two is all the proof I need that God doesn't exist.

XenoRaven

Everyone turning on each other. That's alright, cooler heads get shit happenin.

We have maybe 2 gimmick posters. If anyone thinks I'm a gimmick poster, they're crazy. I legitimately enjoy huge dudes and WBF. Anyone thinks that's a gimmick, they can eat 3x their body weight in protein, brother.

Community threads are a community, and a mega thread and catch all for everything Neogafs wrestling fans enjoy. We make jokes, we complain, we talk about off topic shit sometimes because we are like a big family. If you're upset this place isn't strictly wrestling 24/7, ask a friendly mod to take us out of community, because we are currently a community of wrestling fans with diverse tastes.

As for Midnight Wrasslegaf, I find it's current incarnation funny, but it can wear out it's welcome. A few years back it was far more creepy and not comical. It's not everyone's cup of tea but omertà brothers.

We will take care of shit, but we are a family until this topic goes back to OT proper. You can't choose your family... Or your Battlebowl partners.
20111003_raw_walkout2_c_crop_650x440.jpg

G-Fex

I got banned for stupid trolling. There's a lot I learned though once I got banned, it's pretty much tolerance and letting people liking what I don't like. But there comes a point when things are consistently brought up all the fucking time and you just get tired of it and you've got to do your best to ignore it or go nuts. Whether it's TPP or dark souls.

I have no gimmick cause no matter what i'm just ending up being me. So fuck your gimmicks.

Watched the first round of DDT4 and Champa vs Wolfsomething.

There is something about the PWG crowd and environment that makes it so much better than ROH. Like ACH is a lot more entertaining in PWG. Same with other wrestlers who are in both feds.

strobogo

Banned
Another Hart related thing: Part of the thing that bothers me the most about Nattie is that you'd think Bret was her dad, not Anvil. They always talk about Uncle Bret, she does Bret spots and moves, Bret's taunts, and has Bret's music. How often does she talk about being the granddaughter of Stu Hart and the niece of Bret Hart as opposed to the daughter of Jim Neidhart? And then she starts using Owen lines on commentary? Come on. That's about as bad as Chavo piggy backing off of Eddie for years. It seems like she and WWE is embarrassed of who her father is, so they just talk about Bret instead.

UberTag

I can see the appeal to it, but too many people do it, not enough of them well. And then some people just threadshit and call it a gimmick. Some of them do it too long and become marks for themselves, take their show on the road and find out the Gaming side and OT Vinnie Macs don't take well to it, wind up wearing grey name tags to their dark matches or shuffled off to another promotion altogether.
Different forums and different threads require different protocol.
It's simply a case of being respectful to the audience you're speaking to.
Taking a WrassleGAF gimmick elsewhere is just asking for punishment.

Imagine me going into a gaming OT and telling them not to play the game the thread is about like I do here for telling people not to reward the WWE by watching RAW and pay-per-views if they don't like how the current product is booked. I wouldn't last 5 minutes.

Shield turning on Kane? Interesting.
I applaud the idea of a Shield face turn as opposed to a split.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Another Hart related thing: Part of the thing that bothers me the most about Nattie is that you'd think Bret was her dad, not Anvil. They always talk about Uncle Bret, she does Bret spots and moves, Bret's taunts, and has Bret's music. How often does she talk about being the granddaughter of Stu Hart and the niece of Bret Hart as opposed to the daughter of Jim Neidhart? And then she starts using Owen lines on commentary? Come on. That's about as bad as Chavo piggy backing off of Eddie for years. It seems like she and WWE is embarrassed of who her father is, so they just talk about Bret instead.

Are you honestly surprised though?

Bret and Owen were draws, Anvil was a known guy at the time. Bret's kids don't seem to be that interested in wrestling so might as well give that next generation rub to someone.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Honestly I think things might be different if Anvil hadn't had all those legal problems a couple years back. I've always assumed that kinda scared WWE off from mentioning him on TV too much.

She should be embarrassed of her father

strobogo

Banned
Are you honestly surprised though?

Bret and Owen were draws, Anvil was a known guy at the time. Bret's kids don't seem to be that interested in wrestling so might as well give that next generation rub to someone.

It just seems shitty to me to basically ignore her actual father to talk about Bret all the time. I don't think many people watching in 1997 knew who Peter Maivia and Rocky Johnson were, but they got mentioned every time Rock wrestled, not random uncles from the Anoa'i family.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
And as far as this whole WrassleGAF thing goes, one observation I want to make is that I've never seen a community on GAF in-fight as much as WrassleGAF does (at least as far as the communities I'm in go). I'm mostly AnimeGAF these days, but I was a part of WrassleGAF long before I started watching anime again, and in my time as part of this community I've seen blow-ups like this three or four times. Meanwhile in the couple years I've been heavily invested in AnimeGAF, there hasn't been a single similar incident.

Maybe it's because wrestling fans tend to lean more towards the alpha side while anime fans are more to the beta side. Maybe it's because AnimeGAF has a constant mod presence in duckroll to keep us all in line. I don't know why. But still, it's something I've noticed.

jred2k

Tributes to family members should be done in ring. Natalya stealing Owen lines really makes me tune out, but if she worked on doing an enziguri as well as him then I'd take notice.

It's the same with Axel. Him saying hes Better Than Perfect is terrible. Him performing a Perfect Plex and making it look really good would impress me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
And as far as this whole WrassleGAF thing goes, one observation I want to make is that I've never seen a community on GAF in-fight as much as WrassleGAF does (at least as far as the communities I'm in go). I'm mostly AnimeGAF these days, but I was a part of WrassleGAF long before I started watching anime again, and in my time as part of this community I've seen blow-ups like this three or four times. Meanwhile in the couple years I've been heavily invested in AnimeGAF, there hasn't been a single similar incident.

Maybe it's because wrestling fans tend to lean more towards the alpha side while anime fans are more to the beta side. Maybe it's because AnimeGAF has a constant mod presence in duckroll to keep us all in line. I don't know why. But still, it's something I've noticed.
But are we actually fighting or is it a work? It's brutal. There's so many worked shoots.

Comes with the territory. Carnie sport and all that.

New JApan Cup tonight!

NJPW “NEW JAPAN CUP 2014”, 3/15/2014 [Sat] 18:30 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo
(1) NEW JAPAN CUP 2014 1st Round Match: Yujiro Takahashi vs. Shelton “X” Benjamin
(2) NEW JAPAN CUP 2014 1st Round Match: Toru Yano vs. Minoru Suzuki
(3) NEW JAPAN CUP 2014 1st Round Match: Katsuyori Shibata vs. “The Machine Gun” Karl Anderson
(4) NEW JAPAN CUP 2014 1st Round Match: Hirooki Goto vs. Doc Gallows

(5) Special 6 Man Tag Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kota Ibushi & El Desperado vs. Kazuchika Okada, Gedo & Jado

(6) NEW JAPAN CUP 2014 1st Round Match: Lance Archer vs. Prince Devitt
(7) NEW JAPAN CUP 2014 1st Round Match: Togi Makabe vs. Bad Luck Fale
(8) NEW JAPAN CUP 2014 1st Round Match: Tetsuya Naito vs. Tomohiro Ishii
(9) NEW JAPAN CUP 2014 1st Round Match: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr.

XenoRaven

As wrestling fans it's in our nature to complain about things we don't like but still subject ourselves to them anyway.

There's no actual "in-fighting." There hasn't been for a while. (I don't think people asking to tone down the huge gif reviews count). Everyone here is a different level of weirdo (because there are no normal wrestling fans) and every month one of the more serious members decides to complain about something and the same discussion starts all over again.

I just sit back like
FoISNHQ.gif

C'mon brehs. Like 1 or 2 pages of nonsense or off topic stuff (often legitimate off-topic conversations) every few days in a thread that has 10+ pages of activity on a slow day. DEAL. WITH. IT. /Bootista

strobogo

Banned
Most of the blow ups come directly from gimmick posters taking things too far and being annoying, or when a lot of weird fan art gets spammed.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like the fan art. I find it fascinating what people spend way too much time on and how they want them to look. I don't actually like the art itself, but it find it fascinating.

XenoRaven

There's a lot of annoying shit in this thread. The annoyance builds up to a boiling point, people let off some steam, and then the next day everything is back to normal. With the exception of a few outliers, we handle this stuff in-house. The only two people I know that it seems legitimately don't like each other are BronsonLee and BillRiccio, and that whole thing is just weird.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Evan Bourne has been missing for over a year now
I think 3 people think it is funny to look at and everyone else hates it and doesn't want any of that shit posted in these threads. It gets taken way too far every single time.

You wanna shoot brother? You know what shit gets taken too far away every single time, brother? Gifs. You know who's responsible for that? You and your reviews, brother. I'll take stupid fan art over reviews exploding my internet every time, brother brother brother.

It just seems shitty to me to basically ignore her actual father to talk about Bret all the time. I don't think many people watching in 1997 knew who Peter Maivia and Rocky Johnson were, but they got mentioned every time Rock wrestled, not random uncles from the Anoa'i family.

I agree it's kinda slimy and I would be bummed out if I was Anvil but he had recent legal trouble while his daughter was employed and the same year a Hart family DVD got released. From a promoters point of view it would be a shame to ignore her lineage, especially with Bret making sporadic appearances, but you do not want to be associated with someone selling drugs and breaking in to homes. So the choice seems to be embrace the rest of the family or ignore them.

PInk Tape

Banned
Really? You know JTG is still in the WWE, right?

Yeah, he's been there for 6 years. Doing absolutely nothing for 2 of those. I would guess that all 3 members of The Shield actually want to participate in angles and wrestle, instead of sitting in catering and soaking up the cash that the company gives them (I don't know if that's what JTG is doing). If they split up and weren't used correctly, I would guess that they'd cut their ties with WWE and go back to the indies or TNA (if it still was standing at that point.)

lol, there's no way any of the Shield would be released, even if they split up.

They've all proven themselves to be good as singles competitors. Reigns just needs a bit more experience.

I'm not trying to say that they're bad singles guys at all, it's just usually how most of these tag team splits have gone the past few years. I guess it's just me being cynical about the whole thing.

strobogo

Banned
I agree it's kinda slimy and I would be bummed out if I was Anvil but he had recent legal trouble while his daughter was employed and the same year a Hart family DVD got released. From a promoters point of view it would be a shame to ignore her lineage, especially with Bret making sporadic appearances, but you do not want to be associated with someone selling drugs and breaking in to homes. So the choice seems to be embrace the rest of the family or ignore them.

Anvil was on Total Divas, so they must not care that much. I think it is 100% a "People know and like Bret more" thing, but it's so shitty how often they say she's a 3rd generation superstar, mention Stu, mention Bret, and leave it at that.

Going through WMs, man, Cena has has some truly cheese dick entrances. The Need for Speed one from 23 might be the lamest. But then the gangster/tommy gun shit at 22 was stupid as well. The Slim Shady entrance was lame. The marching band was okay, I guess. The marines doing their gun spinning was bullshit because it was clearly done because no one would boo them and they thought that'd transfer to Cena, which didn't happen at all. They were silent for the marines and booed as soon as Cena's music hit while Michael Cole was acting like it was the greatest thing ever seen. And the black choir in Atlanta was similar.

Same here. If they did split, then I wouldn't be surprised if one or even all of them would of gotten released within 6 months to a year. This is definitely the best for all three of them.

lol, there's no way any of the Shield would be released, even if they split up.

They've all proven themselves to be good as singles competitors. Reigns just needs a bit more experience.

There's a lot of annoying shit in this thread. The annoyance builds up to a boiling point, people let off some steam, and then the next day everything is back to normal. With the exception of a few outliers, we handle this stuff in-house. The only two people I know that it seems legitimately don't like each other are BronsonLee and BillRiccio, and that whole thing is just weird.

I love everybody!
And yeah I like being able to handle stuff in-house, it's easier.
Not sure why I'm part of the poster boy for a feud here though, that's not my bag :p
The only surefire way to irritate me legitimately is to discount the work I do, and that's pretty obvious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom