• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
People keep mentioning gimmick posters. Do you guys think I'm one of them?

I wonder what you guys consider to be gimmick posting.

Of course you are. Look at your avatar. Look at your face.

You, and Beef with his snitching stuff, and Bootaaay with his faux-wrestling guru stuff, and Lambda clearly posting MMA trying to pass it off as wrestling, and Sunflower- OH I'M SORRY- Vince McMahon, and everyone pretending to like TNA, and everyone that posts news pretending to be Meltzer, and everyone without avatars thinking they're above the rest of us.

The only person who's 100% real in here is bean breath.

I love everybody!
And yeah I like being able to handle stuff in-house, it's easier.
Not sure why I'm part of the poster boy for a feud here though, that's not my bag :p
The only surefire way to irritate me legitimately is to discount the work I do, and that's pretty obvious

Pfft, I don't count KISSING THE YOUNG BUCKS' ASSES as doing "work," you lazy layabout. :mad:

strobogo

Banned
Man, Cena is really at his worst in big time main events. It makes no sense to me how his worst qualities come out the more important the match is. Main event a B level PPV? You'll probably get something decent. Raw matches with Cesaro? Something pretty good. Title matches at Wrestlemania? Terrible no selling, goofy mannerisms, srs face, all the shit everyone hates about him he seems to amplify the more important it is for him to have a good match.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
They're turning the entire Shield into faces. Maybe a face faction to better feud with heel Wyatts?

I'm glad they're going in this direction. People have been wanting to cheer for the shield for a while, and this will only help Rollins, Ambrose and Reigns in the long run.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We only have two gimmick posters in here, everyone else either has good humor and is a good sport or they are truly what they seem.

Pfalx.gif

Zach

The whole Bunkhouse Stampede concept is hilariously bad. The only way to eliminate a guy is by throwing him out of the cage through the door (super awkward) or by throwing him out OVER THE TOP OF THE CAGE (totally impractical and nearly impossible in most cases)? God. Dusty. It's so funny that dude's are battling it out WHILE STANDING ON THE ROPES LIKE A BUNCH OF MONKEYS, even though, you know, that's probably the last thing you'd want to do if... no, I'm done... I'm sleepy and done. Jesus, Dusty Rhodes, you beautiful, lovable, crazy bastard.*

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B
Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C
WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C
WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+
WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-
Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-

*I'm assuming Dusty Rhodes created the Bunkhouse Stampede match. >_>

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've decided my gimmick for my WRASSLEMANIA review.

I wasn't watching much if at all the year I got chosen so I am going to PREDICT THE WINNER of each match and see how I do. I'm going to throw out Undertaker match of course.

You know what's been bugging me. Taker doesn't go to some HOF shows. I was certain he'll go see Yoko get inducted but nope. And with Paul this year, i wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't go again. Damn near everyone thanks him every year and he never shows up!
Is he a dick? Doesn't want to break kayfabe in 2014?

strobogo

Banned
You know what's been bugging me. Taker doesn't go to some HOF shows. I was certain he'll go see Yoko get inducted but nope. And with Paul this year, i wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't go again. Damn near everyone thanks him every year and he never shows up!
Is he a dick? Doesn't want to break kayfabe in 2014?

I think his appearance on the HHH DVD broke any sense of kayfabe he had left. Dude showed up as Biker Taker with a high pitched voice talking about inside baseball. I guess it is to keep the mystique about him, but WWE constantly breaks what little is left of kayfabe on all their DVDs and now Network stuff. And Total Divas. Maybe he just doesn't want to wear a suit.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Predictions time!

Yujiro Takahashi vs. Shelton "X" Benjamin
Toru Yano vs. Minoru Suzuki
Katsuyori Shibata vs. "The Machine Gun" Karl Anderson
Hirooki Goto vs. Doc Gallows (expecting a choke her by Goto)
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kota Ibushi & El Desperado vs. Kazuchika Okada, Gedo & Jado
Lance Archer vs. Prince Devitt
Togi Makabe vs. Bad Luck Fale (hopefully this ends their boring ass feud)
Tetsuya Naito vs. Tomohiro Ishii
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom