• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batigol

Banned
Watching 2000 WWE and man, why did Jeff hardy have to leave :(

- Original moveset. For someone in the title picture anyway.
- Super over
- Great look, even though it wasn't anything special. It was distinctive
- Could make anyone have a good match
- Entertaining as shit balls
- Nice, clean, manageable hair

His only downside was talking, but he never needed to talk.

ivrTl6QHIuNKu.gif

Come back Jeff :(

RINGS - VOLK HAN vs YOSHIHISA YAMAMOTO - 1994

volk_yamamoto1aeovz.gif

haven't done a RINGS match in a while. i try to keep all the RINGS stuff pre-1996, when they began adding more shoot fights. Volk Han, the man. Yamamoto, first time on Straight Shooters, in the yellow shinpads. let's dive right into it. bout begins. Yamamoto stars with hard slaps and a takedown. Volk quickly displays his submission supremacy and locks in a standing heel hold.

volk_yamamoto2t5r57.gif

Yamamoto reaches the ropes and breaks the hold. both men standing again. Yamamoto tries to strike again but gets caught in the corner. Volk works his magic and locks in an awesome hammerlock guillotine.

volk_yamamoto35hph3.gif

new rope escape by Yamamoto. no change in the gameplan, tries to out strike Volk. gets caught again, this time in an armbar and has to resort to another rope break. both guys standing now. Yamamoto rushes in and finally lands a big shot that sends Volk down for the count.

volk_yamamoto4tvpca.gif

it gets to 8 as Volk Han stands up again. takedown attempt by Volk but Yamamoto lands on top. the japanese warrior works on a tight neck crank. now he got Volk's back, working on a rear naked choke. switches to a inverted STF but Volk rolls out. Volk with the shenaningans, pulls out a banana split submission out of nowhere.

volk_yamamoto5bjpx8.gif

Yamamoto manages to escape. Yamamoto goes for a kneebar but Volk stands up. kneebar battle on the ground. figure four knee bender by Volk. switches to a calf crusher. Yamamoto breaks the hold via the ropes. back up and back on the clinch. Volk grabs Yamamoto's arm. smooth aikido style takedown by Volk. that was some Steven Seagal shit right there.

volk_yamamoto6wiqn8.gif

armbar attempt by Volk, Yamamoto squeezes out. now Yamamoto locking in a choke but Volk escapes using the ropes. single leg takedown by Yamamoto, tries a rolling leg scissors kneebar. Volk counters with an armbar. Yamamoto resists and manages to reach the ropes. action resumes standing. they trade blows and Volk is caught by surprise in a rolling kneebar.

volk_yamamoto7hurv3.gif

rope escape by Volk. Yamamoto whiffs a rolling thunder. Volk now works on a kimura lock. Yamamoto escapes only to get caught in a an ankle lock. Volk switches position and drags Yamamoto to center ring and locks in an armbar. another ropes break by Yamamoto. single leg takedown attempt by Volk. Yamamoto reverses position and locks in a heel hook, which Volk counters with a kneebar. one more rope escape by Yamamoto. he takes one more shot at striking vs Volk. Volk eats some blows but secures the takedown. fights for position and locks in a seldom seen bicep crusher. Yamamoto can't take it and taps. winner via submission, Volk Han. always something new in Volk matches. Yamamoto didn't achieve much, especially when he went to MMA. arguably his most famous fight was getting TKOed by Shibata in 10 seconds.

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/straight-shooters-with-lambda-piscium

Careful with the fan-art stuff, don't want to enrage stro...or perhaps it's only the Japanese fan-art that annoys him, he is a racist, after all :p

New Japan Cup was a good show - Nakamura vs Davey Boy was an excellent main event, especially considering Nak's apparently struggling with some illness at present, and I'd say it was the match of the night. Lots of people enjoyed Ishii vs Naito, as did I, but it fell short of their previous singles match. Elsewhere, Archer vs Devitt was good, Anderson vs Shibata was great (but could have been longer) and Makabe vs Fale was surprising. Also, the 6-man tag rocked. Well worth a watch, overall.

Careful with the fan-art stuff, don't want to enrage stro...or perhaps it's only the Japanese fan-art that annoys him, he is a racist, after all :p

New Japan Cup was a good show - Nakamura vs Davey Boy was an excellent main event, especially considering Nak's apparently struggling with some illness at present, and I'd say it was the match of the night. Lots of people enjoyed Ishii vs Naito, as did I, but it fell short of their previous singles match. Elsewhere, Archer vs Devitt was good, Anderson vs Shibata was great (but could have been longer) and Makabe vs Fale was surprising. Also, the 6-man tag rocked. Well worth a watch, overall.
What is it, forty USD in total for next weekend?

XenoRaven

Watching 2000 WWE and man, why did Jeff hardy have to leave :(

- Original moveset. For someone in the title picture anyway.
- Super over
- Great look, even though it wasn't anything special. It was distinctive
- Could make anyone have a good match
- Entertaining as shit balls
- Nice, clean, manageable hair

His only downside was talking, but he never needed to talk.

ivrTl6QHIuNKu.gif

Come back Jeff :(
I used to be a pretty big Jeff Hardy mark. The Swanton Bomb is still one of my favorite top rope moves. Shame Jeff just up and disappeared after being released. I wonder what he's doing now.

strobogo

Banned

iboF66bDmVd6qd.gif

Jeff better hope he can take that fimmick with him when TNA ends in September....

I really want WWE Network to cycle through old Nitros from the beginning. Those stories need to be told...

strobogo

Banned
I had planned to go on a bike ride today since it is going to be in the 50s and is going to snow again this weekend, but now that I'm up, I just want to curl up into a ball and fall asleep to the vocal strain of Vince McMahon and Gorilla Monsoon. I need some motivation, brotherjackdudes.

Sblargh

Banned
I had planned to go on a bike ride today since it is going to be in the 50s and is going to snow again this weekend, but now that I'm up, I just want to curl up into a ball and fall asleep to the vocal strain of Vince McMahon and Gorilla Monsoon. I need some motivation, brotherjackdudes.

If you ride your bike, beautiful women will want to have sex with you!

Sblargh

Banned
Just watched WM 17 for the first time, some impressions from someone who just started following this recently:

People today are waaaay better at the actual in-ring technical action, but people then were waaaaay better at stortytelling during the fight. Triple H vs Undertaker, Rock vs Stone Cold and Benoit vs Kurt Angle were all great in-ring stories being told.

Benoit vs Kurt Angle was also a pleasure to watch due to the all-submission beggining. Great mat action.

Ref bumbs and ref not paying attention was a part of... maybe all of the matches? The Eddie Guerrero match in particular felt like a segment rather than a match due to all of the "uh-oh, the ref is not looking!"

What also felt like a segment, but a good one: Kane vs Big Show (lol) vs the dude they kept squashing. It was just two monsters and a scared guy walking through the stadium destroying shit and there was nothing wrong with it.

Last, but definetly not least: my gawd the commentary was better. Jayzes Chrisnuckle in a basket JR made every one of those matches better. And then at the end he is just furious, he actually feels betrayed and angry.

Mengetsu

Via WrestlingInc

Rihan of the Road to WrestleMania 30 blog in the UK attended Sting's Q&A show at Camden Highlight Club in London last night. He noted that Sting got a great ovation and was very tight lipped about his future but it appeared that he's signed with WWE based on some answers that were given. A playlist from the Q&A is above and Rihan passed along these highlights:
* He want to face The Undertaker in his last match. He's not interested in fighting other opponents in WWE or independent promotions

* He was on YouTube doing research by watching the Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels match

* Hasn't watched the TNA product since he left, but has been purposefully (his exact words) watching RAW for the past few weeks

Other highlights:

* Mentioned his three favorite matches were vs. Flair for 45 minutes at Clash Of Champions 88, his first World Title victory and Starrcade 97 vs. Hulk Hogan

* Mentioned he disliked working with Vampiro in WCW & he wasn't fond of working with Robocop

* Mentioned he didn't feel that Hogan took his spot when he joined WCW

* Rated Shawn Michaels & Kurt Angle as top two wrestlers

* Credited Scott Hall for giving him the idea behind the Crow look

* Responsible for Goldberg joining WCW as he used Lex Luger & Sting's Atlanta gym

* Disappointed about not having a proper feud with Bret Hart in WCW

* Sting couldn't remember who the Dangerous Alliance were and doesn't follow the product so was unable to mention a favorite match not involving him.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Sting is going to dose Undertaker with a bunch of drugs like he did to Juff Harvey so he can shoot pin him and end the streak.

trickster Sting can't fool me!

Verendus

Banned
It's going to be amazing seeing Sting in the WWE. It's going to suck seeing him inevitably lose to Undertaker. Sting was such a big star in my eyes, and whilst Undertaker is great, a lot of his 'greatness' seems manufactured in comparison with all the constant ball washing over the past half decade. He's probably the most protected superstar ever.

Just watched WM 17 for the first time, some impressions from someone who just started following this recently:

People today are waaaay better at the actual in-ring technical action, but people then were waaaaay better at stortytelling during the fight. Triple H vs Undertaker, Rock vs Stone Cold and Benoit vs Kurt Angle were all great in-ring stories being told.

Benoit vs Kurt Angle was also a pleasure to watch due to the all-submission beggining. Great mat action.

Ref bumbs and ref not paying attention was a part of... maybe all of the matches? The Eddie Guerrero match in particular felt like a segment rather than a match due to all of the "uh-oh, the ref is not looking!"

What also felt like a segment, but a good one: Kane vs Big Show (lol) vs the dude they kept squashing. It was just two monsters and a scared guy walking through the stadium destroying shit and there was nothing wrong with it.

Last, but definetly not least: my gawd the commentary was better. Jayzes Chrisnuckle in a basket JR made every one of those matches better. And then at the end he is just furious, he actually feels betrayed and angry.
Greatest WWE PPV of all time. Wrestlemania 17 is so good.

Sokantish

It's going to be amazing seeing Sting in the WWE. It's going to suck seeing him inevitably lose to Undertaker. Sting was such a big star in my eyes, and whilst Undertaker is great, a lot of his 'greatness' seems manufactured in comparison with all the constant ball washing over the past half decade. He's probably the most protected superstar ever.

At least The Shield got to destroy him!

I wish FallingEdge would come see a PWG show with me.

Also, rewatched Joe vs Necro for like the 20th time. Such a fun match

:)

No joke, I'm thinking about flying out there for BOLA 2014. I definitely want to watch a show live. With this new job and salary increase I got, I want to spend more time traveling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom