• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
4gBYzH0.jpg
WTF, did one of of them get implants?

I can understand why Randy wanted his father and brother to go in with him. They both had long careers in the business.

Randy was the star. Lanny was a jobber with a 4 month run with Perfect feuding with Hogan. Angelo did a lot in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. But Randy needs to be in the hall.

strobogo

Banned
The year Randy died Lanny said in an interview that Randy wanted to go in with him and their father. No clue how true it is though.

Seems not too far fetched since he threw a big fit to get his dad into the WCW Hall of Fame despite Angelo Poffo never wrestling for any form of JCP/NWA/WCW. And Gordon Solie left WCW over it because he took the WCW HoF very seriously, apparently.

Ithil

Except that the show actually does really well and AJ isn't the only popular diva on the roster anymore since there is now an entire show dedicated to divas division kayfabe.

I mean, I even know about Sandra their fucking wrestling seamstress. Of course they should promote the show, it's great.

It does well on E!. There has been no real crossover appeal, so all their pushing of Total Divas on RAW just comes off as annoying and causes them to job out AJ, their only popular Diva on RAW.
Instead of building on a star they have, they're shilling for a show on a different Network for a different demographic than RAW.

Ithil

that always got to me....

why hasn't AJ been on Total Divas? I mean now it would be a bit awkward with Philly B gone, but why hasn't it happened?

They wanted her on the show, she turned it down. Apparently caused some friction for her backstage.

Pavaloo

It does well on E!. There has been no real crossover appeal, so all their pushing of Total Divas on RAW just comes off as annoying and causes them to job out AJ, their only popular Diva on RAW.
Instead of building on a star they have, they're shilling for a show on a different Network for a different demographic than RAW.

It only does well on the only network it airs on. Right.

They've built a star out of AJ. She was in the main story since WrestleMania two years ago. Went from Yesing, to CM Punk's GF, to a love square, to General Manager of RAW, to Cena's GF, to Women's champion/Dolph's GF, aaaand she's still going as champ. She doesn't need to be built into anything. Now they're trying to build the rest of the division.

Naomi is popular and so are The Bellas. The demographic that they're going for having people other than AJ involved in divas segments is women.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom