• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sblargh

Banned
2AwYcxj.gif

If one could tattoo a gif, that would be it.

Another thing from Countdown: Lawler has not idea what "literally" means.

"These two men literally tore each other apart!"

"He literally stabbed him in the bad!"

Ugh.

jmdajr

DEAR NXT UNIVERSE,

I’d like to apologize to all my Bo-Lievers for what took place on Thursday night, Feb. 27, 2014. In case you missed it, Adrian Neville found a way to defeat yours truly and capture my coveted NXT Championship. I’ve had several weeks to digest the events of this tragic day, and if it weren’t for all my loyal Bo-Lievers, I don’t think I would have made it this far. You have truly been the wind Bo-neath my wings. I will never forget that day as long as I live.

When I looked up and saw Adrian Neville holding my championship as he stood atop that ladder, I was filled with a flood of emotions. I was sad, heartbroken, alone and empty. I felt like a piece of me had been ripped from my soul and to make matters worse, I looked and saw each and every one of you. I saw children wiping their tears away, I saw husbands consoling their wives, wives consoling their husbands and even production crew members mourning the loss of their one and only true champion. It was in that moment that I realized a hero had fallen and that hero was me.

You know, they say a man is only as good as his accomplishments, and on Feb. 27, I feel like I failed. I chose to write this letter because I’ve decided I can’t allow myself to be a failure and I won’t allow you to have a failed hero. The desire and fire inside of me has never been stronger. I’ve realized that a true champion fights when the chips are down so you can celebrate when they stand back up. To quote my longtime idol and mentor, John Cena: NEVER GIVE UP. I, BO DALLAS, will never give up.

Bo-Lievers, on this day, I proclaim to you, you will never see someone fight as hard as I’m gonna fight and you will never see someone push as hard as I’m gonna push to one day once again become your NXT CHAMPION. Because I’m not only doing this for me, I’m doing this for the UNIVERSE.

I love each and every one of you and I promise to never let you down again.

Sincerely,

BO

P.S. Your Champion FOREVER…

jmdajr

Blade is the greatest superhero movie of all time.

Much better than any Punisher. Much better.

One of the best quotes ever..

Blade: Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill.

Here is a another godly quote from another movie...

A word to the "not-so-wise" about your little girlfriend. Do what you need to with her, then broom her fast.

Hulk's NWO turn isn't the greatest backstab of all time?! Seriously, Countdown?! It drove WCW for YEARS! It kickstarted the Monday Night Wars in earnest.

Fucking bullshit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Blade got me rewatching the Patrice O'neal Blade clip So now...

Fave Five comedians(See, it's wrestling related because I said fave five)

5. Bernie Mac
4. Dave Chappelle
3. Mitch Hedberg
2. Patrice O'Neal
1. Richard Pryor

HM: Maria Bamford, Bill Cosby, Eddie Murphy(loses points for everything after the 80s)

If you're not on the list, I probably think you're god awful because that's how comedy works. And yes, I'm missing two particular internet favorites, and yes, that does mean I think they're god awful.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Arsenio Hall wins points just for seeming like such a cool guy. He's not very funny, but he's way more relateable than guys like Fallon.

For being who he was, Shane I think put on some legit great matches.

I remember years and years ago reading an article in like Sports Illustrated or something (which used to do like maybe one article a year in pro wrestling) where they talked about Shane always being in the ring before shows, working with the boys.this was before Shane worked a lot of matches on TV. The writer, who knew his shit, remarked that young Shane would probably be one of the top three working guys in the company, if he could show everything he could do. The wrestlers said it too. But because of who he was and what he represented, Shane really toned down what he actually could do in the ring and tried to come off a bit awkward when he got in front of the people.

I always found that interesting and never forgot it. Later, when he was doing all those big spots, doing the match with Angle, doing the match at X-Seven, ect. my mind always turned back to that article.

Sephzilla

I'm not gonna rank em but Blade is pretty high up there, I'm actually a fan of both Batman Begins and the original Keaton Batman movie, Avengers was fun for me, Iron Man 1 was also a blast, Rocketeer is an under appreciated gem.

XenoRaven

I'm actually wondering who "the Internet's" favorite comedians are. My best guess is Louis CK. I'd guess Seinfeld as the second but he's not really known for his standup.

Also the quotes aren't to be snarky, I just don't like referring to the Internet as a collective group of people because everyone is on the Internet. This goes for people referencing the IWC as well. I prefer "Reddit" and "wrestling forums".

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why so negative Pepsicola? Why not just post what makes you happy and leave it at that? :)
I'm actually wondering who "the Internet's" favorite comedians are. My best guess is Louis CK. I'd guess Seinfeld as the second but he's not really known for his standup.

Also the quotes aren't to be snarky, I just don't like referring to the Internet as a collective group of people because everyone is on the Internet. This goes for people referencing the IWC as well. I prefer "Reddit" and "wrestling forums".

Nope, I would get less shit if it was either of those. Let's just say both are big favorites of the fedora crowd.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Richard Pryor is untouchable, really. Nobody can top him. Nobody has.

jmdajr

dane-cook.jpg

Oh gosh, Steve Austin and Chris Jericho's call-in shows.

*cringe*

"Well let make ask you something, if you don't like him in that top spot, who do you see there instead?

[Nasally voice]"Well, Daniel Bryan, obviously."

Uggghhhh

Press the skip forward button, bean breath, hurry! Put the audio at 2x speed, let's get through this quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom