• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what action movies need? They need THE RAWCK.

On a serious note, movies like Predator, Die Hard and Terminator 2 were such good action movies because they were executed well. They were simple but told well with nicely planned action sequences and good pace/characters.

On the other hand, you have shit like Expendables which basically does everything wrong. So much wasted potential with those movies.
Rock needs to be in Batman vs Superman as Green Lantern, retcon out Ryan Reynolds' movie existence. Actually, the movie should be just called Batman and Green Lantern, get Superman outta there lol.

Pavaloo

I love Marvel movies lol.

Don't take themselves super seriously, try to mix up genres with their heroes, and are just plain fun.

I never ended up seeing WarZone but it looks like I should now. I'm one of the few that liked that first Punisher movie that came out lol

Bleh, I hate Spider-Man threads though. Hyperboles everywhere!

Like how dumb would it sound if I said: "Tony Stark isn't a raging alcoholic all the time. When are they going to make a REAL Iron Man movie? If you disagree with this you're proving that you know NOTHING about Tony Stark and have NEVER read a comic."

just blegh

also reaaaallly stoked to see The Rock play any superhero honestly. He is going to out - super EVERYONE

jmdajr

My expectations for Expendables 2 were way too high. I liked the first one more I think.
I just thought 2 would take it to next level but it didn't.

Sephzilla

Hey if Tobey can make quips to Macho Man Randy Savage and it doesn't count for Spider-Man, Stark's moderate drinking throughout the trilogy don't either.

Tobey's quip to Macho Man was, like, the only Spidey-like quip he did in that movie though.

My expectations for Expendables 2 were way too high. I liked the first one more I think.
I just thought 2 would take it to next level but it didn't.

I kind of think both movies are a bit overrated honestly. The first movie takes itself too seriously and is only saved by the Terry Crews shotgun scene. Expendables 2 was a step in a better direction, but overall it just felt meh.

Actually The Rock is probably the closest to Scharwzenegger/Stallone, in that he's fucking huge and can get me to pay attention to a crappy action movie that I might otherwise ignore.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think a big part of my distaste for Marbel movies is the need to tell origin stories. I understand you gotta but goddamn Captain America wore me out.

Sephzilla

I think a big part of my distaste for Marbel movies is the need to tell origin stories. I understand you gotta but goddamn Captain America wore me out.

What's funny about this is that the general concession with the first Captain America movie is that the first half (the origin half) is the superior part of the movie.

How was captian America your Burnout!, it was a period piece done really well.

Lot of good little moments , like him jumping on the grenade .

Also weaving was a good red skull. Marvel really knows how to cast it's films.

Actually The Rock is probably the closest to Scharwzenegger/Stallone, in that he's fucking huge and can get me to pay attention to a crappy action movie that I might otherwise ignore.

I gotta agree, I saw the movie Snitch last week on HBO and it wasn't that bad. I know I wouldn't have watched it all the way through if it starred someone like Jeremy Renner. I was even entertained by GI Joe 2 and Pain and Gain.

Sblargh

Banned
What's funny about this is that the general concession with the first Captain America movie is that the first half (the origin half) is the superior part of the movie.

This. And the origin bit of Iron Man creating his armor is very cool, too. He barely fights in that movie.

Typical Roh mark, that interview showed Bollea still got the mic work down perfectly, cesaro looks like a damn fool next to Terry doing the full on Hogan promo.

I'm sorry, I lost my cheat sheet and can't remember what your gimmick is in this thread. There's so many these days.

Aiii

So not worth it
Former WWE Diva Kelly Kelly recently spoke with Josh Modaberi of Wrestling101. Here are some highlights:

Her WWE Debut: “It was very nerve wracking, I had only been signed for about a month and I was very new and I didn’t know anything. My first day on television I was so nervous and I was doing the expose thing on ECW, it was just very nerve wracking, the only thing I remember is thinking thank god it’s over after I was done.”

Working for Vince McMahon: "He is great, he was very hands on and just helped out with everything. Every week on television he was there during rehearsals, he would help us, telling us exactly what he wanted from the matches. He wanted to be personable to everyone, he is a little intimidating at times as your boss but he was great!”

Would she return to WWE: “I don’t know to be honest with you, I’m doing some acting at the moment and I’m filming a movie right now. I’m really excited to be on a new adventure but you never know, I’m only 26-years-old so who knows what is going to happen in the future.”

Please stay the fuck away Kelly. FAR AWAY.

I really enjoyed the first half. The film feels like they tried to cram as much stuff as possible into it once he becomes Captain America. Cutting from one location directly into some shitty action scene with no kind of segue. The second half was sloppy. Whereas the first half took its time establishing the characters

Pavaloo

Tobey's quip to Macho Man was, like, the only Spidey-like quip he did in that movie though.

Hey, kiddo. Let Mom and Dad talk for a minute, will ya? to Jameson

Settle down tough guy. - To Goblin

Go web! Fly! Up, up, and away web! Shazaam! Go! Go! Go web go! Tally ho. - Practicing how to swing webs as Pete

there's more, especially in the sequel, but to say he doesn't do it enough therefore is not the same character is absurd. He does it enough for it to be effective and not annoying.

Not to mention making a quip to Macho Man is freaking a thousand quip points

Basically my argument is just because Tony Stark wasn't a huge alcoholic drinking and getting hammered all of the time doesn't mean it's not Stark. That scene in IM2 is the closest to it the comic book counterpart, but it doesn't make it a better movie for it.

Cap has been my least favorite of the marvel movies. They really should have looked to the ultimates comic as the way to do WW2 cap. It was the wrong choice in director and the pace was just off. I'm very ready for Winter Soldier though.

Sblargh

Banned
Tony Stark really only became a raging alcoholic when Marvel decided to tell the tale of a raging alcoholic. It was a part of the character just when became a part of the character. Until then he would just drink socially and I don't remember him acting drunk before the theme of his comic was "Tony Stark is acting drunk!"

And ever since he stopped drinking, so...

Sephzilla

Hey, kiddo. Let Mom and Dad talk for a minute, will ya? to Jameson

Settle down tough guy. - To Goblin

Go web! Fly! Up, up, and away web! Shazaam! Go! Go! Go web go! Tally ho. - Practicing how to swing webs as Pete

there's more, especially in the sequel, but to say he doesn't do it enough therefore is not the same character is absurd. He does it enough for it to be effective and not annoying.

Not to mention making a quip to Macho Man is freaking a thousand quip points

Basically my argument is just because Tony Stark wasn't a huge alcoholic drinking and getting hammered all of the time doesn't mean it's not Stark. That scene in IM2 is the closest to it the comic book counterpart, but it doesn't make it a better movie for it.

Spidey 1 if my memory serves me correct has the most "Spidey-like" Spider-Man of the Raimi trilogy. He seems to get less smartass as the sequels go on. Garfield's Spidey shits all over Tobeys in this regard.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright so let's bring this shit full circle.

You're rebooting the Avengers with a WWE cast. Who do you cast in which roles?

Pavaloo

Not an origin movie.
Really? How is that going to work?
Tony Stark really only became a raging alcoholic when Marvel decided to tell the tale of a raging alcoholic. It was a part of the character just when became a part of the character. Until then he would just drink socially and I don't remember him acting drunk before the theme of his comic was "Tony Stark is acting drunk!"

And ever since he stopped drinking, so...
Well it was a defining character trait for him to be an alcoholic before finally dealing with that in an arch. Spidey's quips are something that grew over time also and changed with the time periods. He used to have a dry wit. Then he was a wise guy. Then a smartass. Now he has ADD. I'd argue that modern spidey quips are the equivalent to "totally random" youtube vloggers.
Spidey 1 if my memory serves me correct has the most "Spidey-like" Spider-Man of the Raimi trilogy. He seems to get less smartass as the sequels go on. Garfield's Spidey shits all over Tobeys in this regard.
He got even more quipy in the second one, but the third lost it all :p

I just don't see it with Garfield's Spider-Man. Like he quipped that burglar and then the lizard, but it didn't make me go "oh shit THIS is Spider-Man." Things will hopefully change in the sequel, but I just can't get behind the first ASM.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Here's my dumb list:

Captain America - John Cena
Hulk - Big E
Thor - Roman Reigns. HE DOESNT HAVE TO BE BLONDE
Black Widow - Naomi
Honkeye - Who's a weenie I hate? The Miz
Iron Mang - Bo Dallas
Nick Fury - Cesaro

TL21xx

Banned

Damn straight.

To the Spider-Man fans' credit though, Marvel really has taken a dump on us since One More Day in regards to forgetting what the character is about in order to bring back a status quo that a substantial chunk of us never grew up with. Some of us actually like Spider-Man not acting like a teenager. </rant>

I'm actually part of the problem because I keep buying the books... Probably shouldn't...

Really? How is that going to work?

Well from all of the rumours it's going to be
based on "To Steal an Ant-man", wherein the man who becomes Ant-man II steals the equipment from the lab of the original Ant-man in order to save his daughter.

Persp's idea of an origin movie seems.. Well wrong :p

So if you were to be a dick about you could call it a "Scott Lang/Ant-Man II origin movie, but at that point you may as well just start calling every movie in the start of a series an origin story. BACK TO THE FUTURE: THE MARTY MCFLY ORIGIN STORY, STAR WARS: THE LUKE SKYWALKER ORIGIN STORY, THE GODFATHER: THE MICHAEL CORLEONE ORIGIN STORY

Sephzilla

Captain America - Kurt Angle
Tony Stark/Iron Man - The Rock
Thor - HHH
Bruce Banner - Opening of match Hulk Hogan
The Hulk - Sweaty spaghetti haired late-match Hulk Hogan
Loki - Randy Orton
Hawkeye - HBK (all arrows are replaced with superkicks)
Black Widow - Lita
Nick Fury - Booker T

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How can you NOT mix current and all-time if you're going with all-time?

I guess I meant the 80s. Or...okay.

Golden Age 80s
New Generation 90s
Attitude Era
Present Day

Nobody wants Ruthless Aggression era.

Warrior would be The Hulk if it was a list for wrestlers of all time.

Currently, not sure who even fits that mold. All the big guys are too lame.

Insert picture of Diamond Dallas Page here for the new page.

I feel the only way this should be done is if they were the actual WWE characters masquerading as ripoff Avengers, HHH the arrogant king of kings with his mighty Sledgehammer as imposter Thor. When calm he's a corporate director of operations but when angry he becomes the Big Red Machine Kane and so on.
The Avengers Authority, Best for Business in the WWE universe.

Mr. America as the Captain himself!
BUT IT'S HOGAN!
HOGAN!
HOGAN!
HOGAN!
HOGAN!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I feel the only way this should be done is if they were the actual WWE characters masquerading as ripoff Avengers, HHH the arrogant king of kings with his mighty Sledgehammer as imposter Thor. When calm he's a corporate director of operations but when angry he becomes the Big Red Machine Kane and so on.
The Avengers Authority, Best for Business in the WWE universe.

Dark Avengers? HHH as Ragnarok? heh

Heel

also Daniel Bryan for Hulk

yEWSv7R.jpg

I guess current for the challenge.

Hulk- Brock
Bruce Banner - Damien Sandow
Cap - Cody Rhodes
Hank Pym - Brad Maddox
Wasp - AJ
Hawkeye - Ziggler
Iron Man - Drew McIntyre
Thor - Cesaro
Scarlet Witch - Lana
Black Widow - MMAksana
Vision - Golddust
Jarvis - Regal

Watching Countdown of the biggest backstabs. It's funny seeing them talk around Orton winning the title from Benoit.

Also, it's kind of annoying that they can't decide whether the program is "kayfabe" or not. Some people, like Mick Foley, speak with the assumption that the audience knows it's a show. But others don't break kayfabe.

It's quite jarring and, honestly, seems sloppy at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom