• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browny

Banned
Side note, I never did watch XXX, and I kind of want to because it looks horrendously goodbad. Thoughts?

By all means - but don't expect anything particularly good. VD isn't the best actor around, but the concept and action stuff is all ok, fairly ok plot and nice setting. I watched it whilst ill with man-flu, and I didn't feel any worse afterwards... There are worse ways of spending a couple of hours (Thor 2, perhaps?).

Vylash

I must be missing the gene that allows me to enjoy playing Assassin's Creed games and enjoy watching X2. First Class was okay though, I don't know what the hell X3 was trying to accomplish.

X Men The Last Stand was better because they stopped pretending that they're even trying anymore

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sly cut his teeth in an episode of Kojak. That'll make you immortal.

I don't think there's a person alive with as much legitimate swagger as Telly Savalas in his prime:

14UXxx0.jpg

gVVHa3g.jpg

rAPckih.jpg

Amazing dude. Laserfrog, we should work on a Telly Savalas thread.

jmdajr

I enjoy the super hero movies just the same as 80s action movies.

But to some people 80s movie just like attitude era will away be the best.

I watched Escape Plan the other day. Meh, it was ok. Last Stand was better.
Riddick was enjoyable.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I did see the first Crank, it was okay. I didn't fall in love with it like most people.

How are they not? The Marvel movies are huge

But the stars (besides Downey) are not what's drawing people into the theatre. People don't give a shit about CHRIS HEMSWORTH and CHRIS EVANS as Thor and Captain America, they just want to see THOR AND CAPTAIN AMERICA.

You couldn't put out a movie like Predator and have it draw on the star power of either of these dudes as Action Heroes, even though they are technically very successful in some action roles.

One thing I'll give the two of them over Arnie/Sly, they are much better for putting lady butts in seats.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Tobey Maguire didn't get his accolades from Spider-Man.

He got em from the damn Cider House Blues brah

jmdajr

But the stars (besides Downey) are not what's drawing people into the theatre. People don't give a shit about CHRIS HEMSWORTH and CHRIS EVANS as Thor and Captain America, they just want to see THOR AND CAPTAIN AMERICA.

You couldn't put out a movie like Predator and have it draw on the star power of either of these dudes as Action Heroes, even though they are technically very successful in some action roles.

One thing I'll give the two of them over Arnie/Sly, they are much better for putting lady butts in seats.

The age of putting over movies based on stars alone is pretty much over.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Let's just be honest. You're all terrible people.

Would you say that "you people are terrible"

"you people"

what do you mean you people

image.php

I loved Tropic Thunder

As an aside Predators with Adrian Brody was a good movie

I liked most of it. Oleg Taktarov was in it! Good movie, but never felt the need to see it more than once.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Worst Staham movie is him playing an america country father protecting his daughter from of all people James Franco....wtf

lmao which one was that?

Reminds me of how bad this looked:

Ooixmk8.jpg

Or The Patriot with Mel Gibson

jmdajr

Clooney, Pitt, DiCaprio, Cruise, uh... Damon?

Bunch of pussies but they can move shlock.

But you see they usually always make good movies. I don't go see Cruise movies just because of him. I go to them because they happen to look bad ass. Those cats won't usually just make anything.

It's not like Sam Jackson. That MF will be in anything. Just pay him.

rocobocop reboot wasn't bad!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kind of amazing how long Samuel L Jackson has been getting work and considered a good actor considering he is the definition of one dimensional.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kind of amazing how long Samuel L Jackson has been getting work and considered a good actor considering he is the definition of one dimensional.

I feel that way except for Denzel Washington. I miss his old days.

Alright guys, we really need puro fans here to rally around this. Yottsume (a really nice dude, he even offered to buy BronsonLee's Dontaku tickets and meet him to give them to him for no added charge, super nice guy who LOVES puro) would like to subtitle Toru Yano's "Toru Together 2" DVD for no charge. The only cost is getting the DVD and him shipping it, so that makes it out to $65, which IS steep for a DVD. It's over 3 hours long and well, just watch the trailer. It sold me on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nBSOYmYZvQ

It can't happen unless he hits the goal, because then it's worth doing - and I really hope he hits the goal, because I contributed!

$65 is steep but this DVD would be delightful, and considering how few people have contributed (but almost enough!) you won't be finding this showing up on youtube or dailymotion.

So...can you guys help? Not trying to find the people who aren't into puro, if it's not your thing that's cool, but this is a great video for weeaboos and more.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ytr-vtr-toru-together-2-translation-project

Quoting the whole; yeah this dude is top notch. Supremely helpful with my Dontaku Dumbassery. I'm trying to get the funds to help him out. His subbed KinPuro vids are gold!

I don't know if he is one dimensional. It just seems that people are happy with him only playing on dimension. To me he outshone Christoph Waltz and DiCaprio in Django Unchained, his character was pretty complex in that.

Avengers was a pile of shit. A steaming pile of shit. Hot garbage. Sony/Fox Marvel movies suck too.

Best Marvel movie was Punisher War Zone.

C'mon son. The MAX comics were amazing, but War Zone was an utter turd. Took the ultraviolence, and that was about it.

Also, having the Punisher, a noted tactician who relies heavily on his military training, dangle off a chandelier and fire akimbo in a circle is not "understanding the character".

Thomas Jane was better, despite Stevenson resembling the character more.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My man. I love most of the modern hero movies. I appreciate chairman Mcmahon but I vehemently disagree with his film tastes.

You're gonna have to come out sometime and we'll watch Durrdevil. I never saw that one.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How did you feel about Dredd Sunflower?

Pleasant. That soundtrack is probably one of the best film soundtracks of all time. Knocked it out of the park.

Still love the Stallone version though for completely different reasons.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in.
I have both versions. The director's cut has Coolio. I have the rifftrax for it too.

I hear Coolio is still keeping it fucking REAL. Like hanging out in bodegas smoking crack with locals after a show. Pretty wild.

He also had a game studio at one point.

Did you like The Raid?

Didn't watch, too lazy. Isn't it mostly hand to hand fights? I prefer gun shootouts.

Laserfrog

Amazing dude. Laserfrog, we should work on a Telly Savalas thread.

The thread would end up in OT community cause everybody would get involved, how can you not when you're talking about Telly Savalas?

Also I'm watching the GDC Shenmue post-mortem, I don't think you'll like it though Sunny, Cerny is the translator.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The thread would end up in OT community cause everybody would get involved, how can you not when you're talking about Telly Savalas?

Also I'm watching the GDC Shenmue post-mortem, I don't think you'll like it though Sunny, Cerny is the translator.

Yeah, I'd rather Yu Suzuki live penniless than listen to Cerny. I have standards.

They don't seem to make mass market gun fighting movies that much, I know they made Die Hard, there are those two White House movies, can't think of anything else.

Sblargh

Banned
As a longtime Marvel fan, The Avengers was just special. It carved a very warm place in my heart and is not leaving. Some bad days when I feel down, I'll just crawl into my bad and re-watch it for nth time. It's not an objective critique of the movie or whatever, it is one of those experiences as a fan that I value very much.

War Zone was cool. I loved the ultraviolence. And I thought it was a good representation of the punisher, his entire character is someone who turned grief into violence and he is at his best when he is cold and calculating as an offset to the incredible destruction he is capable of causing without superpowers. The only times I saw a "deep" Punisher was on the recent Rucka stories, which wouldn't make a good movie, but it would make an awesome tv series, and an incredible underrated Punisher: Year One from 1994, which, to me, is the definitive version of his origin. It's not only about his family, tho obviously that's the start, but also how the failure of the entire system, from the police to the newspaper, backed him into a corner of either suicide or mass murder. This story would make a hell of a movie.

I didn't enjoyed it much at first, but Thor has grown on me and today I love the movie. I liked Thor 2 very much, too. I really really loved the Captain America movie as he is my favorite superhero and that part with the song and his entertainment tour is one of my favorite things ever.

So yeah, I'm a big Marvel mark.

Verendus

Banned
You know what action movies need? They need THE RAWCK.

On a serious note, movies like Predator, Die Hard and Terminator 2 were such good action movies because they were executed well. They were simple but told well with nicely planned action sequences and good pace/characters.

On the other hand, you have shit like Expendables which basically does everything wrong. So much wasted potential with those movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom