• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

That promo was only good because the crowd made it good. Otherwise it was just HHH/Steph talking in circles and HHH slipping dangerously close to circa 2000 talk to long levels.

G-Fex

YOURE BANNED

YOUR CHILDREN ARE BANNED

YOUR CHILDRENS CHILDREN ARE BANNED FROM THIS RING

...for 25 minutes or so

I CANNOT believe that ended with Kane.

KANE.

IN 2014.

JESUS CHRIST.

The crowd would've EXPLODED if Bryan hit HHH while he was spewing his nonsense.

THEY BROUGHT OUT KANE.

jfbqjio;fb234yirtfbu023ui9fgb2u94gb

WWE finally doing a "southern style" slow build and turning a dead duck into a red hot angle and you're complaining.

I guess they should just hotshot this whole thing, since it actually finally makes sense and is working great.

The problem with DB is they ALWAYS make him look weaker. Why doesn't he just punch HHH, hit him with a running knee, or slap him with a submission? They never have him do anything. It's lame.

ScribbleD

This is the best RAW I've seen since I started watching again nearly 8 months ago. By far. I really hope they keep going strong like this.

gurudyne

This was your chance to have the Austin Stuns McMahon of 2014 and you fucking blew it.

You just fucking blew it.

Wait and see?

Fuck it. What just happened was still a hell of a lot closer to what should have happened in September than what we got. Hopefully it lasts so I can enjoy it.

Show's got some good feud building going on. Shield starts to splinter, Usos nab the titles, DBry finally gets some non-reactionary offense in on the Authority. Build. Hype.

CM PUNK CM PUNK...

...oh, wait. It's not relevant.

Attitude Era crowds weren't that dumb. Being loud vs. Being stupid.

It's going to be relevant all night, one of their top guys suddenly leaves and this is his hometown, of course they are going to chant him.

Ithil

uMBY0.png

You're barred from this ring! You and your children, and your children's children!

...for 20 minutes.

Sephzilla

WWE finally doing a "southern style" slow build and turning a dead duck into a red hot angle and you're complaining.

I guess they should just hotshot this whole thing, since it actually finally makes sense and is working great.

Bryan's red hot, the crowd was red hot, the slow build for Bryan truly becoming champ has been going for months.

Now's the time to get into 'red hot' levels.

Punk is so coming to help Bryan at the end. HHH's promo kinda laid out how they will shift it into Punk/HHH. Punk will say "Two years ago, you tried to screw me out of the title. I saw you do the same thing to Daniel Bryan and couldn't stand it. I left. Then I decided, I can't change anything on my couch at home. That's why I'm back to challenge you at WrestleMania, while Bryan gets rightfully put into the main event".

*resumes dreaming*

Balb

He's not great but the one-note angle he's got is doing him no favors. They're making him put words in the crowd's mouth that it's not actually saying.

Maybe so. This promo didn't make him look good at all. I actually sided with Triple H even though I didn't want to. A more talented guy on the mic was needed for something like this.

They're not going to get another crowd like they just had. THAT was the moment for physicality, even if it was just a Knee Plus That Beat Cena. All they did was deflate the building by shifting the attention away from the Bryan/HHH tension to Kane and the security. Plus the promo was just typical HHH overtaking, just like he did in those terrible Punk/HHH "It's personal" promos.

Bryan should've hit him. Too much talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom