• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

darkbanjo

The NXT specials news doesn't bother me that much. It's been clear for a while that there's not quite enough time for everyone deserving to get their spotlight, but going to two hours every week would be far too much exposure.

I don't think it means we'll see an end to the longer-term storylines, just that there'll be more of them going on and overlapping one another.

Anth0ny

sFilWlC.jpg

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I liked the Reigns smiling bit; it was that "Frak you, I'm getting my ass kicked but I'm not going to let you see me break" smile. That smile when you know things really can't get any worse, so you might as well perversely enjoy it.

Also plays into the entire idea that he just likes beating people up and getting beat up.

That picture of Lesnar...hoooly crap, if RAW is anything besides King Bork destroying EVERYONE trying to get his hands on Rollins; they have messed it up. (I'll accept Reigns and/or Ambrose also joining Lesnar on his search for Rollins). Hell, if they want to do a throwback...you could have Heyman reform the Shield (Ambrose / Reigns) as a babyface group to protect Lesnar and the WWE from the Authority.

Anth0ny

It wasn't exactly a Montreal Screwjob, but Heyman did say if Brock got screwed he would literally murder people in the building.

I wouldn't mind seeing him run down to the ring every 10 minutes and F5 people for 3 hours.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Monthly specials for NXT makes sense under the assumption that it's to help developmental talent get used to the WWE Schedule. I mean, that is kinda the whole point of NXT after all.

Fox318

Cena went through that ECW crowd a wrestler and came out a man. Holy shit dude got the worst end of the stick that night. This made Reigns reception look like a Daniel Bryan pop.

Most heat ever on a WWE production? Maybe Mania 3 Andre?

MizSandow talked on Y2J's podcast about when he was in Puerto Rico fans would take pliers and heat a penny with a lighter on it and throw it at the heels.

Someone suggested the idea of Brock winning MitB and now I want that because it sounds amazing. The most dangerous man alive can get a title shot at any time. The champ would walk around terrified.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Someone suggested the idea of Brock winning MitB and now I want that because it sounds amazing. The most dangerous man alive can get a title shot at any time. The champ would walk around terrified.

He shouldn't win it. He should just walk into the Authority's office and look at them, and look at Rollins, and just be handed the briefcase. Emperor-King Bork does not need to "earn" a title shot. He has permanently earned it.

I think this is the perfect spot for Seth-kun to take "skittering heel" to a whole new level. Let him narrowly escape a few times before they lock them in a cage, or something.

And they, once they do lock him in the cage, Reigns loses do to interference from his long-lost brother, Joey Samoey.

Fox318

Brock would never cash it in unless its on a PPV plus he seems like the guy who would cash in that same night.

Fox318

I think this is the perfect spot for Seth-kun to take "skittering heel" to a whole new level. Let him narrowly escape a few times before they lock them in a cage, or something.

Hell in a Cell that has a fucking purpose.

Rollins has to be dragged in the ring as Brock is warming up.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Hell in a Cell that has a fucking purpose.

Rollins has to be dragged in the ring as Brock is warming up.

It has to be Ambrose who drags Rollins to the ring, right? Maybe Ambrose + Reigns? That would be a total Ambrose move; to be dragging Rollins by the hair to throw him into the cell with Lesnar.

ROH will be making the announcement of New Japan talent coming to its four shows in May later this week.

There will be seven Japanese wrestlers coming, and it will be similar quality of names as last year due to the ticket selling success thus far.

Good to hear they'll get some top guys again.

Nameless

Incredible main event. Clever booking to get Reigns some face heat even though only about 35% of the crowd bought it. Lesnar is about as 'must see' as it gets. His matches are stiff and brutal and he's by far the most convincing Monster they've ever built.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Brock would never cash it in unless its on a PPV plus he seems like the guy who would cash in that same night.

They need to just get rid of the MITB thing or tie that concept into the lower belts. The whole goal of "make the lower belts important" is defeated by having the briefcase be automatically better than either of them.

Top Bottom