• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Raw preview

Alien-and-Hulk-Gif.gif

Gorillaz

Watched Mania with a friend that gave up on the WWE around 2005.

His first question was "Is Hurricane Helms still around?"

His second question was "Does the Undertaker still come out on his bike?"

Followed by "Damn...that was so cool" (referring to Undertaker's American Badass entrance).
Lol your boy thinks he's slick

He's still watching wrestling, he was just #baiting you the whole time

They need to just get rid of the MITB thing or tie that concept into the lower belts. The whole goal of "make the lower belts important" is defeated by having the briefcase be automatically better than either of them.
There's nothing wrong with that. The person still has to cash in and win their match. It should be something important.

Heroman

Banned
Someone suggested the idea of Brock winning MitB and now I want that because it sounds amazing. The most dangerous man alive can get a title shot at any time. The champ would walk around terrified.
That would require Brock to be their more than one time every couple of months

I wanna get Raw tickets but I think that may be impossible. I went to the arena and they're completely sold out. Oh well. There's people standing outside but I have no idea why. I think they are just hoping that some tickets free up.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There's nothing wrong with that. The person still has to cash in and win their match. It should be something important.

Except it never is because unless its a joke character winning the belt they just cash in when the other dude is unconscious.

Honestly thought that while I like the cash-in last night, I mostly liked it for the result. It would have been way better to have Rollins cash in and actually be in the match for a more significant amount of time, since the idea of him running in and stealing the belt was confusing as fuck for someone like my wife who couldn't figure out how that happens since he wasn't even in the match to begin with. Granted, that makes 0 sense with regards to the Rollins weasel character.

v0yce

They need to just get rid of the MITB thing or tie that concept into the lower belts. The whole goal of "make the lower belts important" is defeated by having the briefcase be automatically better than either of them.

Yeah I don't know why they don't make it where the ic belt gets you a guaranteed title the shot at lesser ppv X. Gives the belt meaning and sets up easy storytelling.

Yeah I don't know why they don't make it where the ic belt gets you a guaranteed title the shot at lesser ppv X. Gives the belt meaning and sets up easy storytelling.

No, it makes the IC even weaker than it is now. It has no value in and of itself. It's just a stepping stone.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
What kind of a relationship does UFC and WWE share?
I am confused as fook. The compete against each other for stars; they sometimes trash each other, and yet there clearly is some kind of working relationship.
Rousey gets to do whatever she wants. She could have brought out her title, had Haitch and The Rock cum all over and Dana would have licked it clean if she asked him to. She probably told Dana she was doing a spot at Mania with The Rock as some sort of Fast 7 promotion and he said "o-o-ok"

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I stand by my hatred of the mitb concept.

Starting double-secret title matches on the fly is some seriously carny shit. I just think this is as far as you can go with the concept, particularly given that the entire concept of cashing in on an unconscious guy is ridiculous, and even more ridiculous at Wrestlemania where you're looking to definitively settle feuds with (mostly) clean wins/losses.

No, it makes the IC even weaker than it is now. It has no value in and of itself. It's just a stepping stone.

do some JRPG shit where if you collect the US title and the IC title you can use them to demand a title match at a PPV (none of this run-in on a sleeping guy garbage).

Half the reason Mania was good was due to the crowd reacting to everything when needed.

Raw tonight should be fine since that crowd is still in town.

Raw's usually have a much smaller audience simply due to being in smaller arenas, and it's usually the smarkiest members of the crowd who stick around for Raw After Mania.

Hasney

Yeah I suppose. I thought last years WM was ok, it just had 2 awesome matches and an unforgettable moment with the streak ending. This years was way more solid overall in my opinion.

Nah, last years was a top 5 Mania. I think this one isn't going to be looked at favourably next year. It was fun as hell live, but other than the main event, the rest isn't worth watching when you know what happens. It was a spectacle, not a lot of good wrestling.

Angry Grimace

Such a worse idea than MITB. Secondary titles should be their own thing, not something you "use" to get to the real belt.

The problem is that this approach doesn't make sense. The IC belt isn't ever going to be important in-and-of itself because that approach deliberately keeps people with those belts out of the title picture. That's the approach that made them jobber belts in the first place.

Being a stepping stone to the big prize isn't a bad thing at all. Little Mac doesn't get to just challenge Super Macho Man. He has to win the Minor and Major titles first, man.

Angry Grimace

They were that as an unspoken thing, but it wasn't like the idea was them straight up saying "use these lesser belts to get to thing you really want".

I don't understand how that diminishes their importance in any real way.

Starting double-secret title matches on the fly is some seriously carny shit. I just think this is as far as you can go with the concept, particularly given that the entire concept of cashing in on an unconscious guy is ridiculous, and even more ridiculous at Wrestlemania where you're looking to definitively settle feuds with (mostly) clean wins/losses.

do some JRPG shit where if you collect the US title and the IC title you can use them to demand a title match at a PPV (none of this run-in on a sleeping guy garbage).

Maybe just if you're IC champ for six months/whatever or a certain number of title defenses, you can give up the belt for a WC title shot.

Hasney

I liked that thing TNA had where if you defended the X Division title 3 times, you could cash it in for a world title shot. The k it just needs a higher number of defenses.

Half the reason Mania was good was due to the crowd reacting to everything when needed.

Raw tonight should be fine since that crowd is still in town.
Well the crowd is a big part of what makes any wrestling show good.
Nah, last years was a top 5 Mania. I think this one isn't going to be looked at favourably next year. It was fun as hell live, but other than the main event, the rest isn't worth watching when you know what happens. It was a spectacle, not a lot of good wrestling.
I do agree and I was talking to my friends about it as well. None of the matches were as good as the two Bryan matches last year, but I wasn't bored out of my fucking mind during the entire show like I was last year. This show had a good moment in almost every match and segment.

Top Bottom