• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
DQ76Wc7.gif

IdzhWsw.gif

vEFbpsf.gif

HUEl3ot.gif

Shane Haste will definitely be in the WWE soon. Maybe Mikey as well. Definitely not Jonah. He's fat.
I like his look a lot, i'd be down with them in the E
The scariest parts of Jaws are when you don't see the shark

Vince and Dunn are no Spielberg

Heroman

Banned
Nah, last years was a top 5 Mania. I think this one isn't going to be looked at favourably next year. It was fun as hell live, but other than the main event, the rest isn't worth watching when you know what happens. It was a spectacle, not a lot of good wrestling.
Sometime spectacle is better than goos wrestling, I mean that sting match might be in my top 5 matches of all time

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Is the accolade the most protected finisher on the main roster. hate how,arbitrary fobshers Have become

I always find it funny how they book Lesnar like a God-Beast but the F5 is like the least protected move since he hits it like 5 times a match.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
When I recognized Dan Rykert on the PPV yesterday, I had the realization that I recognized a man from a kideo game website in the crowd on a wrestling PPV.
I need to have a long think about my life.

I remember savage when he had the IC belt saying "this is my ticket to the world title YEAH" *licks bottom lip*

Jake also said if he won the IC title, he'd be a heartbeat away from Hogan.

Even if that's the case, I don't like the idea. The point of giving the IC belt to guys like Jake is that they were never going to be on top because they weren't the top guy, so they carried those belts so they had something that mattered. To me, acknowledging that you don't care about the belt you are holding and are using it to get higher is meaningless when we all know it won't actually get you higher. I mean look at how NJPW does it. They book their IC champ as a big deal, and that belt has nothing at all to do with the world title.

I liked that thing TNA had where if you defended the X Division title 3 times, you could cash it in for a world title shot. The k it just needs a higher number of defenses.

The X division cash in was only once a year at the Destination X PPV. Which meant every year past the first it was mostly Main Eventers who used to be in the X Division trying to get the belt the month before the event. Perhaps if the WWE is set on rehabbing the mid card belts it could work but I think all they are really doing is putting Bryan and Cena in their own pocket universe where they won't get in the way of other stories.

Zach

After rewatching the main event, Vince is a crazy man if he doesn't have Brock open RAW tonight spittin' fire. Like, Paul can't even handle him. "Come here, boy! You've got my belt and I've got your ticket to Suplex City!"

Paracelsus

The IC title has had its ups and downs, but its original meaning was "we share some spotlight with you, our guess is that one day you're gonna be up there, but maybe not, we guess you will but maybe".

Right now the belt means "this guy is the world heavyweight midcard champion, not because we think one day he's gonna make it but because we don't actually have a program for him up there".

Then again, storytelling is the be all and end all for belts. Bryan was never a world champion until WMXXX, neither was Punk until MITB2011.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That entrance thread in OT got me thinking...
Austin%2B1.gif

This is sill the best entrance of all time. Forget the theatrics of an Undertaker or a Muta. Forget the shots of a Bray Wyatt. Forget all that. This shit is perfect. It captures the character perfectly. Austin's expression is perfect. The reaction to Austin from the fans as more and more begin to cheer for him is perfect. Is anything about Austin/Bret NOT perfect?
No, friend.

The crowd serenades Seth Rollins with Lesnar Bomaye.

A 'Brock is gonna kill you' chant might be ok.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
GAF, why is Rousey so big especially in a male driven sport like MMA?

A) She's dominant in a "Brock Lesnar in WWE" way, except doing it in reality. Its how Lesnar turned face without doing anything different; people cheer winners.
B) She comes across as extremely authentic (she wore a DBZ shirt. At wrestlemania. Next to the rock) and charismatic
C) She's very nerdy (see; DBZ shirt)
D) She's beautiful but not in a "fashion model" way - she's currently the idea of the "strong, powerful, beautiful woman" personified in many ways.

There's a 95% chance that when Rollins comes out, a "Brock is going to kill you" chant will start. The "Ronda's gonna kill you" chant from WM was fantastic.

Vylash

- At last night's WWE Hall of Fame ceremony at the SAP Center, WrestlingINC.com reader Austin Osueke was taken to the "Event Center" to check in his tablet, since they were not allowed at the show. While he was checking in his bag and tablet he took the photo below, which we posted earlier this morning on our Instagram account @WrestlingINC. It featured a photo of Scott Steiner taped to their wall as well as pictures of fake WWE tickets, which would suggest that Steiner was barred from the event.

ibnYLzCsjiZ2Ca.gif

Paracelsus

That entrance thread in OT got me thinking...
Austin%2B1.gif

This is sill the best entrance of all time. Forget the theatrics of an Undertaker or a Muta. Forget the shots of a Bray Wyatt. Forget all that. This shit is perfect. It captures the character perfectly. Austin's expression is perfect. The reaction to Austin from the fans as more and more begin to cheer for him is perfect. Is anything about Austin/Bret NOT perfect?

EDIT: No, Bret's rage wouldn't work as well with the title. Nevermind.

RBH

Sting/HHH was exactly what it needed to be. Motherfucker is 56 years old, he was never going to put on a wrestling clinic. He was going to perform some spots, and then the rest would be smoke and mirrors to carry them to the finish line (they also had the longest match of the night at 18 minutes).

I loved it. We finally got the nWo vs DX with ALL the main players....and xpac.

Only two things that bothered me were JBL shitting on Sting/WCW throughout the course of the match (i.e. being fed his lines by Vince) and that damn post-match handshake. Even if this is one-and-done for Sting, it didn't make much sense to do that handshake given the build-up to this match.

Other than that, the match was a wonderful wacky nostalgia trip.

kiguel182

Apparently people really liked Mania. I stand by what I said, apart from the main event and the ladder match it just didn't click with me.

Rollins vs Orton was good but it deserved more time and a higher spot. The old timers still take too much time from the show and Cena/Big Show winning doesn't sit well with me.

Toki767

Only two things that bothered me were JBL shitting on Sting/WCW throughout the course of the match (i.e. being fed his lines by Vince) and that damn post-match handshake. Even if this is one-and-done for Sting, it didn't make much sense to do given the build-up to this match.
The answer is we were never supposed to take the match seriously. WrestleMania attracts a lot of lapsed fans. A lot of them even attend the show even though they stopped watching. It was a nostalgia match for the live crowd and nothing more. Even commentary basically presented it as such.

Zach

Only two things that bothered me were JBL shitting on Sting/WCW throughout the course of the match (i.e. being fed his lines by Vince) and that damn post-match handshake. Even if this is one-and-done for Sting, it didn't make much sense to do that handshake given the build-up to this match.

Other than that, the match was a wonderful wacky nostalgia trip.
All of this. Exactly how I feel.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Let's drive this gif into the ground

oh wait, that happened months ago

That's GAF for ya. Maybe someone can post that cringe gif, a taylor swift gif or even pull out the Jennifer Lawrence one. Such original responses. Almost as funny as u mad or calling someone salty. Of course, all of those things will inevitably be used as a response to this post because, man, let me tell you, that is even funnier!

Heel

That's GAF for ya. Maybe someone can post that cringe gif, a taylor swift gif or even pull out the Jennifer Lawrence one. Such original responses. Almost as funny as u mad or calling someone salty. Of course, all of those things will inevitably be used as a response to this post because, man, let me tell you, that is even funnier!

JDBgpb5.gif

Vylash

ijtM46VJuTQcq.gif

Top Bottom