• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Kaladin

I'm surprised they don't have more podcast style shows on the Network. They have enough personalities to fill a week of late night wrasslin talk shows.

Mahonay

Banned
Jericho's bullshit is a regular thing on WWE Network now? No more real ass Stone Cold I guess.

Austin does have other projects and Y2J still does house shows.

I'm sure they will do both.

Vince got upset about Real Ass Stone Cold, gotta call in his puppet to sell the WWE corporate message.
There are reports that Austin was invited to Mania but at the last moment Tweeted out that he was going to be watching from home which he didn't tell WWE. Possibly partly due to some kind of disagreement between Austin and Vince about the podcast being used on the Network.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
DQ76Wc7.gif

IdzhWsw.gif

vEFbpsf.gif

HUEl3ot.gif

Shane Haste will definitely be in the WWE soon. Maybe Mikey as well. Definitely not Jonah. He's fat.

They should make a series of half hour episodes where two wrestlers involved in a match sit down, talk about what led up to the match and then provide commentary and analysis for said match. Also, more Legends of Wrestling. And more territory footage uploaded, at least a few episodes of TV a month.

All their new original shows sound awful.

JavyOO7

All these fucking original shows and they can't be assed with uploading old content like WCCW, ECW, old WWF house shows, finishing up TNT and PrimeTime Wrestling, putting Superstars of Wrestling, Nitro, Saturday Night... LOL god dammit.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Code:
They should make a series of half hour episodes where two wrestlers involved in a match sit down, talk about what led up to the match and then provide commentary and analysis for said match. Also, more Legends of Wrestling. And more territory footage uploaded, at least a few episodes of TV a month.

I would watch the hell out of this.

I see a fatal flaw with your plan

It involves wrestling

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly the original content drives new subs much more than older footage. I realize most of us would prefer older stuff, but we're not their exact target dem.

So NXT Takeover events are monthly now?

How do you figure?

JavyOO7

Mr.Swag

Banned
Honestly dont understand wall street. WWE is now down 16%

Is wall street more short sighted than WWE? 1.3 million subscribers in an age where a shitload of people still have slow ass internet isn't bad.

I'm sure they have usage statistics to back up their lack of updates for classic content, but the real problem isn't that people aren't watching the old stuff, but rather that WWE have failed to find a way to present the old stuff so people DO watch it.

Just off the top of my head, they could have wrestlers old & new picking some of their favourite matches of the past for a compilation show, where the matches are shown in full with said wrestler explaining why he or she loves the match in question. Most fans might not be willing to watch some Mid-South, but what about if someone like HBK's there picking the matches and providing the context?

To have such a wealth of content going to waste simply because you can't communicate to your fans WHY they should be excited, well that's just sad.

dream

What was the exact Vince quote about Titan taking someone nobody knows in Stinger and making him a viable main eventer?

Fox318

I'm sure they have usage statistics to back up their lack of updates for classic content, but the real problem isn't that people aren't watching the old stuff, but rather that WWE have failed to find a way to present the old stuff so people DO watch it.

Just off the top of my head, they could have wrestlers old & new picking some of their favourite matches of the past for a compilation show, where the matches are shown in full with said wrestler explaining why he or she loves the match in question. Most fans might not be willing to watch some Mid-South, but what about if someone like HBK's there picking the matches and providing the context?

To have such a wealth of content going to waste simply because you can't communicate to your fans WHY they should be excited, well that's just sad.
Maybe Vince is scared that it will make his current product look bad?

Cena doesn't hold a candle to The Man with No Name looking back.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I also feel that there's a lot of content wrestlers can provide and contribute to NOT in a wrestling capacity. I'd love to hear your idea take shape. Stone Cold doing his commentary over the Hart/SCSA match is EXACTLY the stuff I want to hear.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I added a match to my 2015 match list that I somehow forgot about.

It's this one.

Ibushi is all over my 2015 match list, and I don't even like Ibushi THAT much. And I need to ask you guys where Okabayashi's spear ranks in the list.
tumblr_njwi14dDyQ1qf7xjao2_250.gif

Why would we be the target demographic when they already have our money?

Why would WWE think they can win over the non-hardcore audience with their monthly wrestling only subscription program? The WWE Network only appeals to one group of people.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Clearly their target demo are the kids who don't have money to spend $9.99 every month.

The bitterness is real, I see.

Question; how many of us started watching wrestling as those "kids who didn't have money"? I wonder how many young adults complaining about how WWE is too kiddy started watching when they were...kids.

Ouch, I can't imagine that'll keep things great.

Only hope is that the specials will be 1-2 hours tops, and that they will rotate the people in the event. That said; I don't like it - I think they should go for an event every two months at most.

JavyOO7

If NXT Takeover is monthly then that's a pretty big fumble coming right out of the gate. I loved the build up time between the specials. Even the two month gap from December to Febuary Takeover I felt was too fast. Three, four, or even five months gap is perfectly fine. Have these quarterlies, not monthly. =/

edit - I say these assuming the WWE Press release is wrong and just wanted to mention that NXT is on every Wednesday and its such a vital part of the network, etc. But with Takeover in there written explicitly in the press release...

Cagey

Banned
I watch NXT and the original docu type shows, like MNW or Rivalries, Legends of Wresting, etc. I don't watch as much old content as I expected I would.

Mahonay

Banned
If NXT Takeover is monthly then that's a pretty big fumble coming right out of the gate. I loved the build up time between the specials. Even the two month gap from December to Febuary Takeover I felt was too fast. Three, four, or even five months gap is perfectly fine. Have these quarterlies, not monthly. =/
I'm fine with that since normal NXT shows feel entirely too short.

Mahonay

Banned
I watch NXT and the original docu type shows, like MNW or Rivalries, Legends of Wresting, etc. I don't watch as much old content as I expected I would.
I watch NXT, new WWE PPVs, and I pretty consistently watch old PPVs from the Attitude Era. I don't really use the Network for anything else.

dream

What was the exact Vince quote about Titan taking someone nobody knows in Stinger and making him a viable main eventer?
Here's a paraphrase from the observer board:

"With regard to Sting, we took him from obscurity; developed that character, and he ended up in one of the main events of WrestleMania."

Top Bottom