• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Fox318

from the mania thread

IMO, they need to turn the Royal Rumble on it's head and have someone completely unexpected win it. Like Zack Ryder. Build him up as the underdog and actually try and make people sympathetic for him.

I also think it's easier to do this with a champ like Rollins rather than Lesnar.

WWE® (WWE) today announced that WWE Network surpassed 1.3 million subscribers following WrestleMania® 31

average of approximately 918,000 paid subscribers

To date, WWE Network has attracted nearly 1.8 million unique subscribers.
So they're going to lose around 400,000, in the next few months, and they've lost half a million uniques. Good work guys.

Kaladin

1.3 - 1.5 million sounds about right for their existing fanbase.

I'd imagine the other few hundred thousand were lapsed fans checking it out again.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So they're going to lose around 400,000, in the next few months, and they've lost half a million uniques. Good work guys.

How have they lost anything? They aren't saying their peak is 1.8 million thats just the amount of folks who have signed up. Its impossible to retain everyone regardless of whatever service you're selling. I'd imagine 1.3 is their peak.

How have they lost anything? They aren't saying their peak is 1.8 million thats just the amount of folks who have signed up. Its impossible to retain everyone regardless of whatever service you're selling. I'd imagine 1.3 is their peak.

I think he's trying to say that they will eventually drift back down to 900K or so before going back up early next year when its Mania season again.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

The 77% retention from Feb to March is pretty nice. Especially since folks might stick around for April because it may/may not be free, after three months people might get used to having it. If WM32 is as big as they're planning it to be, could easily see them peaking at 1.5 million next year.

Mahonay

Banned
What does Raw usually average in viewers? 5 million?
At the moment about 4.3 if it's a really good show.

average is probably closer to 3.2.

RAW has been garbage for a long time now and the ratings have not been particularly great. At least tonight is pretty much guaranteed to be good.

The 77% retention from Feb to March is pretty nice. Especially since folks might stick around for April because it may/may not be free, after three months people might get used to having it. If WM32 is as big as they're planning it to be, could easily see them peaking at 1.5 million next year.

I'm almost sure that April is only free to new subscribers. They've never offered it to people who already enrolled.

Mr.Swag

Banned
I think having 25% of your customer base on monthly subscription isn't that bad. Especially since its not their only source of revenue.

If things are like this for the network, imagine once cable's steam runs out and WWE network is the only place to watch Raw.

Penguin

I wonder if there's any truth to some falling out between Austin and the WWE since Jericho is apparently given that podcast spot.

I think he's trying to say that they will eventually drift back down to 900K or so before going back up early next year when its Mania season again.

Kind of, yeah. They say they're averaging 900k, so that's 400k they're expecting to lose. Add the 500k who never came back, and that's double the number of people they could theoretically have had, had they not been driven away by disinterest.

It's easy to spin numbers, is what I'm saying I guess.

Ithil

They are padding the shit out of that network number with all these free months

It's like every second month now is free. Classic WWE (and wrestling in general) where they find something that works once, and then just keep doing it over and over expecting it to always work.

Fox318

"How awesome has it been working for Vince?"

B8IX1lN.jpg

According to Pollock on the LAW, the word is that there will be two NXT call-ups tomorrow. Said Neville seems like a lock, other seems to be less certain. Possibly Kalisto.

Kalisto makes sense. I was doing some thinking last night before I went to bed (the best time for thinking) and I realized how dry the tag division is right now. Cesaro/Kidd need a face team to go up against, and with Sin Cara already on the roster, bringing up the Lucha Dragons as a new face team (and having them eventually win the titles) sounds good to me.

Heel

WWE® NETWORK PARTNERS WITH SETH GREEN, JERRY SPRINGER AND JEFF TREMAINE ON THREE NEW ORIGINAL SERIES

STAMFORD, Conn., March 30, 2015 – In addition to the premium monthly live pay-per-view events, WWE Network unveiled new programming for the remainder of 2015, which includes eight brand new original series and partnerships with director Jeff Tremaine, Seth Green’s Stoopid Buddy Stoodios and legendary talk show host Jerry Springer.

NEW ORIGINAL SERIES:

CAMP WWE – COMING LATE 2015

WWE, in partnership with Seth Green’s Stoopid Buddy Stoodios, will debut a new, animated short-form comedy series entitled Camp WWE. Imagine WWE Superstars and Divas when they were kids at their favorite summer camp…which happens to be run by none other than Mr. McMahon – add in shock-value, slapstick humor and social satire – and you have WWE’s first adult comedy, which will debut later this year.

“We’re insanely excited about this collaboration,” said Green. “WWE is one of the most heartfelt and professional organizations I’ve worked with. We’re beyond happy to help them realize this vision.”

SWERVED – COMING IN MAY

WWE teams up with the Director of Jackass and Bad Grandpa, Jeff Tremaine, to give you the hilarious original series, Swerved. Swerved is a half hour series and will premiere in May.

“I’m excited to combine my brand of entertainment with the world of WWE,” said Tremaine. “It will be the ultimate mash-up.”

DIVA SEARCH – COMING THIS FALL

WWE spans the globe in search of the most beautiful, athletic and charismatic women to find the next stunning WWE Diva. This competition will give viewers the opportunity to witness the challenges, trials, drama and rewards that accompany the journey of these women, as they vie for superstardom. Coming this Fall.

JERRY SPRINGER PRESENTS WWE TOO HOT FOR TV – COMING IN APRIL

Hosted by legendary talk show host Jerry Springer, this series will re-introduce the WWE Universe to the most outrageous stunts and cringe-inducing moments in TV history. The series will be chock full of insane situations and racy romps from WWE’s past that will have members of the WWE Universe asking, “Did they really do this?!” Springer will inject his own brand of humor into each episode with themes such as “Love Hurts,” “All in the Family” and “Weddings and Funerals.”

The half-hour series will be available beginning in April in WWE Network’s video-on-demand library with new episodes weekly.

“I suspect 25 years of The Jerry Springer Show qualifies me to comment on outrageous behavior,” said Springer. “And what is more outrageous than the entertainment, drama and craziness of the WWE. This is going to be fun.”

LIVE! WITH CHRIS JERICHO – DEBUTS MONDAY, APRIL 6 WITH SPECIAL GUEST JOHN CENA

Podcast host Chris Jericho challenges his guests in provocative, candid conversations about their careers, their lives, past controversies and the overall state of WWE. The monthly series kicks off Monday, April 6 immediately following Raw, with its first one-hour episode featuring WWE Superstar John Cena.

“I’m stoked to bring my show to WWE Network and give Jerichoholics worldwide more of what they’ve come to expect – humor, questions that have never been asked before and the best conversations that any podcast host has ever delivered,” said Jericho. “No matter who the guest is, whether it be WWE Superstars, Divas, Legends, executives or icons from the entertainment world, I guarantee to deliver the best, most entertaining interview you have ever heard from each and every one of them.”

UNFILTERED: WITH RENEE YOUNG – DEBUTS IN MAY

WWE announcer Renee Young interviews WWE Superstars and other pop-culture celebrities, covering just about everything, except what they are famous for. In this short-form series, Renee’s guests include Grammy Award winner Wiz Khalifa, five-time Grammy nominee Skylar Grey and WWE Superstars Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins. Unfiltered will debut in May.

CULTURE SHOCK: WITH COREY GRAVES – PREMIERING IN JUNE

WWE commentator Corey Graves reveals a variety of unique venues, customs, music, food and people as WWE’s tour travels around the world. From Marvel comic headquarters to a tattoo shop on the lower east side of Manhattan, Graves examines the local culture with his unique perspective and style. This short-form series will premiere in June.

WWE THE LIST – COMING IN JUNE

WWE The List is the best, the worst, the most bizarre and interesting of everything and anything WWE. If it’s amazing, outrageous, sexy or just plain fun, it just made #TheList.

ie8Ii2bCSLZvz.gif

Showaddy

Kalisto makes sense. I was doing some thinking last night before I went to bed (the best time for thinking) and I realized how dry the tag division is right now. Cesaro/Kidd need a face team to go up against, and with Sin Cara already on the roster, bringing up the Lucha Dragons as a new face team (and having them eventually win the titles) sounds good to me.

But Sin Cara is beyond awful and can't even muster up an ounce of interest for the gimmick in front of the tiny full sail crowd. If Kalisto comes up with him he's fucked.

Patryn

Curious if they're going to rework the opening credits to RAW. Do they still feel comfortable having Reigns as the final image?

It's like every second month now is free. Classic WWE (and wrestling in general) where they find something that works once, and then just keep doing it over and over expecting it to always work.

Yeah, the free stuff really screwed with me. I had been locked into the six-month plans, but cancelled the renewal so I was sure that my subscription had expired last month. Thought about renewing for Mania, decided I didn't care enough to do so and went about my business.

Just got an e-mail that my subscription expires tomorrow. Whoops!

Ithil

CAMP WWE – COMING LATE 2015

WWE, in partnership with Seth Green’s Stoopid Buddy Stoodios, will debut a new, animated short-form comedy series entitled Camp WWE. Imagine WWE Superstars and Divas when they were kids at their favorite summer camp…which happens to be run by none other than Mr. McMahon – add in shock-value, slapstick humor and social satire – and you have WWE’s first adult comedy, which will debut later this year.

“We’re insanely excited about this collaboration,” said Green. “WWE is one of the most heartfelt and professional organizations I’ve worked with. We’re beyond happy to help them realize this vision.”

Given WWE's level of humour, not holding my breath.

SWERVED – COMING IN MAY

WWE teams up with the Director of Jackass and Bad Grandpa, Jeff Tremaine, to give you the hilarious original series, Swerved. Swerved is a half hour series and will premiere in May.

“I’m excited to combine my brand of entertainment with the world of WWE,” said Tremaine. “It will be the ultimate mash-up.”
Literally said nothing about what it is.

DIVA SEARCH – COMING THIS FALL

WWE spans the globe in search of the most beautiful, athletic and charismatic women to find the next stunning WWE Diva. This competition will give viewers the opportunity to witness the challenges, trials, drama and rewards that accompany the journey of these women, as they vie for superstardom. Coming this Fall.
So it's Tough Enough, all female.

JERRY SPRINGER PRESENTS WWE TOO HOT FOR TV – COMING IN APRIL

Hosted by legendary talk show host Jerry Springer, this series will re-introduce the WWE Universe to the most outrageous stunts and cringe-inducing moments in TV history. The series will be chock full of insane situations and racy romps from WWE’s past that will have members of the WWE Universe asking, “Did they really do this?!” Springer will inject his own brand of humor into each episode with themes such as “Love Hurts,” “All in the Family” and “Weddings and Funerals.”

The half-hour series will be available beginning in April in WWE Network’s video-on-demand library with new episodes weekly.

“I suspect 25 years of The Jerry Springer Show qualifies me to comment on outrageous behavior,” said Springer. “And what is more outrageous than the entertainment, drama and craziness of the WWE. This is going to be fun.”
Another recap show but for the Attitude Era?

LIVE! WITH CHRIS JERICHO – DEBUTS MONDAY, APRIL 6 WITH SPECIAL GUEST JOHN CENA

Podcast host Chris Jericho challenges his guests in provocative, candid conversations about their careers, their lives, past controversies and the overall state of WWE. The monthly series kicks off Monday, April 6 immediately following Raw, with its first one-hour episode featuring WWE Superstar John Cena.

“I’m stoked to bring my show to WWE Network and give Jerichoholics worldwide more of what they’ve come to expect – humor, questions that have never been asked before and the best conversations that any podcast host has ever delivered,” said Jericho. “No matter who the guest is, whether it be WWE Superstars, Divas, Legends, executives or icons from the entertainment world, I guarantee to deliver the best, most entertaining interview you have ever heard from each and every one of them.”

Jericho is a terrible interviewer. Stone Cold or nothing.

UNFILTERED: WITH RENEE YOUNG – DEBUTS IN MAY

WWE announcer Renee Young interviews WWE Superstars and other pop-culture celebrities, covering just about everything, except what they are famous for. In this short-form series, Renee’s guests include Grammy Award winner Wiz Khalifa, five-time Grammy nominee Skylar Grey and WWE Superstars Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins. Unfiltered will debut in May.
So it's an interview show, or something?

CULTURE SHOCK: WITH COREY GRAVES – PREMIERING IN JUNE

WWE commentator Corey Graves reveals a variety of unique venues, customs, music, food and people as WWE’s tour travels around the world. From Marvel comic headquarters to a tattoo shop on the lower east side of Manhattan, Graves examines the local culture with his unique perspective and style. This short-form series will premiere in June.
Might be ok?

WWE THE LIST – COMING IN JUNE

WWE The List is the best, the worst, the most bizarre and interesting of everything and anything WWE. If it’s amazing, outrageous, sexy or just plain fun, it just made #TheList.
It's WWE Countdown with a different name.

These do not sound good at all.

Toki767

Curious if they're going to rework the opening credits to RAW. Do they still feel comfortable having Reigns as the final image?

Reigns is still the chosen one. Don't listen to what some people here keep saying about how Rollins was the plan all along.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nice, Corey Graves gets his own show! Excellent to hear.

Ithil

The whole thing that was great about Austin is he cut through as much bullshit as possible. I don't think anyone thinks Jericho is gonna do that.

Top Bottom