• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

WWF Monday Night Raw 1/24/93

TO THE BACK.
Sean Mooney is talking when the Repo Man arrives in a tow truck. He's pretty excited to face the Macho Man tonight.

Vince, Bartlett, and Brain are doing commentary tonight. I hope Brain does nothing but shit on Bartlett all night long.

Repo Man vs Randy Savage

Macho arrives with no introduction and attacks the Repo Man. Repo looks like shit. Dude put on a lot of weight from the Demolition days. Man tits everywhere. This was a day removed from the Royal Rumble. Allegedly. Bartlett makes bald jokes at Macho's expense. God damn it. I wish Macho would have decked Bartlett. That piece of SHIT. Repo has had no offense. Macho just wants to hurt this prick. He should have hurt Bartlett. Wooden stairs tonight. How old school. Darsow was never cut up or anything, but he looks like he's put on 35 pounds since his Demolition days. Come on, dude. Who the fuck am I to talk? I've put on 25 pounds or so in the last 2 years. Lariatooo from Repo. Back suplex. I would like for Michael Hayes and Rob Bartlett to take a plane ride together that ends up lost in the ocean. Christ, Bartlett is doing a Rush Limbaugh impression. WHAT THE FUCK VINCE. If only he had cocaine during this time period. Macho wins with the flying elbow and regain possession of his hat.

ibcDhN3qxzusZo.gif

Kamala vs Brooklyn Brawler

First off, the Brawler was Kimchee. Second off, this cunt makes a Nell Carter joke. Piece of SHIT. Brawler is a piece of shit, too, but at least he's supposed to be one. Bartlett is just a fucking shitty guy that Vince let run wild because he was a NY celebrity. Did he not realize Raw was a national show? Kamala totally does a stink face. Because assholes are stinky. Kamala makes multiple attempts to pin the Brawler while Brawler is on his stomach. He easily wins once he figures out how to make a normal pin. Vince gets a word with Slick after the match.

TO THE UPDATE CENTER.
Mean Gene gives us an update on the events of the Royal Rumble, which will be available on home video on February 11th. That seems like a super quick turn around. Yoko won, setting up Bret vs Yoko for Wrestlemania. Narcissist debuted. Giant Gonzalez also attacked Taker during the Rumble itself. You know, I think Gonzalez had potential to be the next Andre based on his WCW stuff. He was a lot more mobile then. Not that he was anywhere near prime Andre or anything, but he could have been similar to 1984-1987 Andre. I think his body broke down a lot quicker than Andre's, though.

Mr. Perfect vs Ric Flair Loser Leaves Town Match

The match starts off with a lot of slaps. Flair bails and Perfect imitates Flair. Brain gives some advice to Flair and offers him a hammer just in case. Lots of chops from both men. Flair Flop. Rob Bartlett is a CUNTTTTTTTTTTTTT. I think Vince was realizing it because Rob was getting a lot fewer lines in on this show. More chops. Perfect starts throwing jabs that drops Flair. LOL at Vince calling a giant, padded chair a "steel" chair. Come on, Vince. Perfect takes a weird bump over the top from an Irish whip. I guess this busted Perfect open. I'm not really sure how, but whatever. flair has bladed for much less. Backslide nearly sends Flair back to WCW. I wonder if Flair feels bad about not blading so far. Seems like he'd want to instantly try to out blade Perfect. Flair gets a sleeper. It looks like history for Mr. Perfect! Perfect locks on one of his own, only for Flair to back suplex out of it. Figure four! I bet there aren't even 5 non jobber matches that Flair won with the figure four. This is no different. Oh look, Flair is going to the top rope when he has the advantage. I wonder how that worked out for him. Not well. He gets an international object out of his knee pad. Earl is such a shitty ref. How could you not find that giant thing in his knee pad? What a shitty ref. It doesn't put Perfect away, though. Perfect starts no selling chops. If Ric's chops don't work, he's pretty fucked. Perfect fires up. Perfect Plex OUTTA NOWHERE! Flair is gone! This was the first Raw match between two stars that was given a lot of time. Probably PPV level match, which was super rare for TV at the time.

i3NVrzoKG4Lqh.gif

Next week has Doink vs Typhoon! Can't fucking wait for that.

Repo Man vs Randy Savage

Macho arrives with no introduction and attacks the Repo Man. Repo looks like shit. Dude put on a lot of weight from the Demolition days. Man tits everywhere. This was a day removed from the Royal Rumble. Allegedly. Bartlett makes bald jokes at Macho's expense. God damn it. I wish Macho would have decked Bartlett. That piece of SHIT. Repo has had no offense. Macho just wants to hurt this prick. He should have hurt Bartlett. Wooden stairs tonight. How old school. Darsow was never cut up or anything, but he looks like he's put on 35 pounds since his Demolition days. Come on, dude. Who the fuck am I to talk? I've put on 25 pounds or so in the last 2 years. Lariatooo from Repo. Back suplex. I would like for Michael Hayes and Rob Bartlett to take a plane ride together that ends up lost in the ocean. Christ, Bartlett is doing a Rush Limbaugh impression. WHAT THE FUCK VINCE. If only he had cocaine during this time period. Macho wins with the flying elbow and regain possession of his hat.
Seriously?

Did anyone else see the bit on smackdown where jbl was saying the outlaws are executives now, then cole ridiculed that saying that just because someone puts on a suit doesn't mean the wwf is going to give them a swish job title

then they both started laughing because yes, that is exactly how it works

Probably already discussed but sad news I was at pcw last night and Mastiff now has a singlet - it's just not the same.

In other news Devitt v travis was awesome and there was a 30 man rumble featuring plenty of young guys, dueling chants of lets go this guy - lets go that guy for about 10 minutes. Oh and Paul London had a 40 minute entrance he took the camera left the building went to subway then stood at the bar doing shots, shook everyone in the arenas hand before eventually getting in the ring - then straight out

I'm not sure "Bryan is small and goaty and ugly and that's why you like him, he's just like you, you ugly sack of shit" is the most accurate summary of Bryan's popularity.
Ok they didn't say that, but the whole "he's just like you or me!" is not why people like Bryan, they like him for the exact opposite, he's a small guy that's larger than life, and crazy skilled, with a fun catchphrase.

And of course, they're still pushing that WWE narrative of Bryan's pre-WWE career, where everything that's not WWE is a tiny smokey armory and everyone is poor.

In 2014, that basically is true. And for the vast majority of Bryan's career, it was true for him as well. At least compared to the WWE. After all, there's a reason why Jesse Neal had to be on Food Stamps, and one of the Knockouts had to work at a Sunglass Hut. Aside from ex-WWE guys getting fees from money marks, guys who can get Japan trips (and even those pay far less than they used too), and a couple of guys (and I literally mean a couple) on the indies, you can't get by working full-time as a wrestler. Even Bryan has admitted that part of the reason why he took the WWE offer was the health insurance.

After all, if I had to bet money, for one example, the Briscoes likely make more off their chicken farm than from wrestling.

Oh and Paul London had a 40 minute entrance he took the camera left the building went to subway then stood at the bar doing shots, shook everyone in the arenas hand before eventually getting in the ring - then straight out

Paul London is an unprofessional git who should be blackballed for doing shit like that. He only does that crap at places he doesn't care about or deem worthy. Fuck that guy

ZeroRay

When I was a teen, I always wondered what the fuck that ICOPRO thing was being advertised on the rafters during old matches on my DVDs.

I'm still not sure tbqh.

Rapstah

Are the dimmed lights for Batista's promos a thing now? He could have his own talkshow with guests like Miz TV. "Batista's Nag Cabin"

Watching the rest of that awful IWA-MS show and in the title match Austin Aries breaks Arik Cannon's collarbone with a goddamn lariato;

Aries.gif

For some reason they try and finish the match, even though Cannon's entire left arm is useless. He manages to hit a dangerous looking backdrop driver on Aries, then low blows him and rolls him up for the win. Made Aries look like an utter chump, they should have just had Aries take the title - especially as in the next match (a 4-way for the TNA X-Division championship) they put the IWA-MS title up for grabs anyways. Ehhh. At least this main event should be good, Petey vs Daniels vs AJ vs Sabin.

Paul London is an unprofessional git who should be blackballed for doing shit like that. He only does that crap at places he doesn't care about or deem worthy. Fuck that guy

He was fucked, he was happy getting paid to fuck around

Must admit I've never liked him after the shoot video but it was amusing to watch

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So I had a lot of fun watching Cage of Death XV last night.

Any other worthwhile Cage of Deaths, or are they all basically interchangeable?

If you enjoyed 15, you'll probably enjoy most of them - Cage of Death 7 is probably the best. Zandig being Zandig, Necro Butcher legit trying to murder Justice Pain, some ridiculously idiotic bumps and an awesome spot for the finish.

Aiii

So not worth it
This whole Divas match is getting more and more weird.

The heel GM is now stacking the deck against the champion, who is supposed to be a dickhead heel, making her fight a match that she isn't allowed to know the stips off (because Creative hasn't yet figured out what exactly this clusterfuck is going to be) and making her fight 13 other people.

This story is so weird. Unless you're going to turn the champion face and have her overcome the odds, why do it?

And yes, I know the answer is "must push Total Divas lol"

If their goal is for one of the Total Divas or anyone but AJ to have the title at the end of Mania (my guess would be Brie, because Daniel Bryan), why not have them win it in a 1 on 1 match and be the first person to beat AJ for the title in 300 days? Now that would be something to boast about. Not "oh yeah, I won this by stealing a pin in a 14-man clusterfuck"...

Fingers crossed for AJ retaining and losing it the next night against Paige. Go Paige!

Kaladin

Wrestlemania Week OT up tomorrow, and will cover WWE and indie events through to the big show on Monday night, Raw After Mania XXX. This will be in Off Topic.

April Wrasslin' |OT| will go up some time on April 1st....there is no rush since we have plenty of room here, but it may happen during the evening.

Sokantish

It's weird how JBL hates on AJ and constantly makes fun of her, he sticks up for pretty much every other heel. Maybe just everyone in the WWE doesn't really care about the divas divsion

Ithil

I don't really get the "Diva's match is bathroom break" sentiment anyway. Doesn't that imply all other segments are worth watching?
I can safely say the likes of "stupid backstage comedy segment", "45th recap of the night", "Del Rio beats a midcarder again", "Commentary shills the Network/app", "two directionless midcarders like Kofi have a short, pointless match", "Cena does his Cena Promo for the 1040230th time", and others are all grounds for emptying the bladder, too.

Dream spot WWE would never Do.

Andre battle royal: Big show and Cesaro left . With 70,000 cesaro maniacs screaming he pick ms big show up and throws him I've the top rope

Look at this breaking wrestling news courtesy of wrestlezone.com

"Former WWE Superstar Chris Jericho received a standing ovation last night at the Los Angeles Web Fest last night for his work on his podcast "But I'm Chris Jericho." The mini-series was nominated for an award and his peers appreciated his show last night by applauding him."

Rapstah

Look at this breaking wrestling news courtesy of wrestlezone.com

"Former WWE Superstar Chris Jericho received a standing ovation last night at the Los Angeles Web Fest last night for his work on his podcast "But I'm Chris Jericho." The mini-series was nominated for an award and his peers appreciated his show last night by applauding him."

I thought the general consensus was that first episode of that thing was terrible and then everyone stopped caring about it.

jred2k

I don't really get the "Diva's match is bathroom break" sentiment anyway. Doesn't that imply all other segments are worth watching?
I can safely say the likes of "stupid backstage comedy segment", "45th recap of the night", "Del Rio beats a midcarder again", "Commentary shills the Network/app", "two directionless midcarders like Kofi have a short, pointless match", "Cena does his Cena Promo for the 1040230th time", and others are all grounds for emptying the bladder, too.
Not to mention, if the Divas Division is to get any better the fans have to stop treating it as a joke. The Divas get so little time given to them because they are immediately written off constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom