• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sblargh

Banned
Everything about this Mania build is all or nothing. There are no second chances with this, they gotta pull the trigger or face the flood of tears that some people here seem to get off of.

Right. They can build Batista properly into a face going to Summerslam, but this Wrestlemania, they just have to give him the title, it doesn't really matter that is predictable, just the emotion of him finally completing this journey, overcoming everything, it's good solid storytelling, the good guy win, the crowd cheers, everyone goes home happy and we don't know what the future holds because this one storyline is finished.

They can't mess this up. The gods sent Punk away, the gods made Batista turn into a heel, it's written in the stars, they can't mess with the gods.

but think of the heat

In all seriousness though, you're right. There is no more heat to suck out of this feud. You either do it at Mania or there's no point.

Bryan didn't beat Cena clean at Summer Slam. Cena revealed his freakish elbow injury in a long promo before the match. It was lose-lose for Bryan. If he lost, Cena beat him with one arm tied behind his back. If he won, he beat a one armed opponent. It wasn't an easy victory either. Bryan, at 100%, had to battle hard to beat Cena, who was at 50%.

If Cena was injured, he should have vacated the title or stfu about it. By outing his injury, he protected himself win or lose.

Bryan didn't beat Cena clean at Summer Slam. Cena revealed his freakish elbow injury in a long promo before the match. It was lose-lose for Bryan. If he lost, Cena beat him with one arm tied behind his back. If he won, he beat a one armed opponent. It wasn't an easy victory either. Bryan, at 100%, had to battle hard to beat Cena, who was at 50%.

If Cena was injured, he should have vacated the title or stfu about it. By outing his injury, he protected himself win or lose.

They tried hard to protect that it wasn't that bad before the match though, and it never played into the match itself.

B-but he straight up said he was defeated fair and square and played nothing into the match. He didn't knee his elbow.

Dat rematch doe.

Oh god, I'm shivering just thinking about it. Would it make it his 15th or 16th if he wins?

B-but he straight up said he was defeated fair and square and played nothing into the match. He didn't knee his elbow.

Dat rematch doe.

Oh god, I'm shivering just thinking about it. Would it make it his 15th or 16th if he wins?
I wouldn't even care. If that was Cena at 50% at Summerslam, I'm excited to see what that match would look like at 100%.

strobogo

Banned

ibgsaDRVkWHZyC.gif

Sblargh

Banned
Man, smackdown really is the least consequential show they have, no? Even the smackdown backstage pass feels more important.

I am halfway through and the only entertainment iI got so far was Fandango vs Goldust. Even HHH promo was meh.

Edgeward

Cena went and talked to the trainer in the opening minutes of the SS match to say his elbow felt fine, it gave a feeling that it was more of a fair fight after that.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

2deep4me

Edgeward

If Kane is now Korporate Kane and the New Age Outlaws is now the Corporate Outlaws, wouldnt you say they are now ... A corporation?

Also Rollins switching between long and short sleeves every so often irks me. Stick to short, Seth

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

WWF Monday Night Raw 1/17/93

Bartlett has the fucking nerve to rip up a picture of Brain. Then Repo Man attacks Savage OUTTA NOWHERE and steals his hat.

Terry Taylor vs Mr. Perfect

I liked Taylor's 1992 WCW work. I'm not sure why he jumped back and forth between WCW and WWF (and then TNA) for the next 20 years, but he's back in the WWF and gets a long match with Perfect on Raw. Taylor was actually originally slated for the Mr. Perfect gimmick, but it was given to Hennig and Taylor got stuck with the Red Rooster, which really ruined his career. I don't think he would have been a main event guy or anything, but it definitely hampered him from that point on. He was a solid guy who could have a decent match with anyone and make big stiffs look good. A really enjoyable mid card guy. Brain called in, gave Bartlett the business, and then revealed he was calling collect. SWERVE. Ric Flair came out and got some shots in on Perfect. It didn't matter because Perfect hit the Perfect Plex as soon as he got back in the ring.

Bret Hart ICOPRO ad. Followed by a Macho Man Slim Jim ad.

iHXupzIM2gzSL.gif

Vince conducted an in ring interview with Bret Hart. Bret thinks it was bullshit that Razor attacked Owen and even worse that Razor would think about hitting a 78 year old Stu. He's going to excellently execute that ass.

Marty Jannetty vs Glenn Ruth

Poor Thrasher. Dude has awful early 90s trunks and a receding hair line. I can't even listen to this shit with Bartlett talking. HBK called in. Since I'm not listening, I'll paraphrase what I assume he was saying. "Pills. I fucking love pills. You carrying? I'm not jobbing to him. PUSSSSSSSSYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY." Marty won with the Rocker Dropper.

iMcLOvEgt1dD9.gif

We're shown footage from Superstars of Doink pulling his arm off and beating Crush with it. What a son of a bitch.

igg0qeRLhcIFW.gif

TO THE BACK.
Sean Mooney runs into Repo Man, who has Savage's hat. Macho does not take it well. I think we're going to get a New York street fight with the two.

TO THE UPDATE CENTER. Gene catches us up with all the news on the Royal Rumble. We get a promo from Razor. He's taking that title, chico.

ibuYHw9zr5ue4Y.gif

TO THE BACK.
Sean Mooney is outside. Randy Savage is looking in random cars and limos for the Repo Man.

El Matador vs Ric Flair

This probably would have been dope in 1984. I can't believe Vince went along with this fuckhead shitting all over his product the entire show. Jeeeeeeeeezus I fucking hate Rob Bartlett. Bret is going to be on Regis and Kathy Lee Wednesday. This is obviously a smarky NYC crowd, as they get a "Let's go Flair" chant going. Bartlett is such a piece of shit. He might be the worst color guy of all time. Why the fuck is Early fast counting Flair? That shit isn't fair to Flair. He's a piece of shit too. Fuck Earl Hebner. He's a TERRIBLE ref. Dude is always in the way and out of position at the same time. And he always telegraphs all of his bumps. He fucking sucks. Flair is firmly in control. Tito gets a solid back drop. I like that Flair was so pissed about the hair cut Jim Herd made him get that he grew his hair out for the next 3 years. Flair goes to the top for no reason. What a shocker, he gets slammed. Flair Flip. Flying Burrito! Flair dodges the second one and Tito goes flying over the top. Mr. Perfect runs out and attacks Flair, causing a DQ. They fight and officials try to break it up.

After a break, Flair and Perfect fight back out to ringside. Flair challenges Perfect to a loser leaves town match for next week. Perfect agrees to the match.

Rob Bartlett is a piece of SHIT.

El Matador vs Ric Flair

This probably would have been dope in 1984. I can't believe Vince went along with this fuckhead shitting all over his product the entire show. Jeeeeeeeeezus I fucking hate Rob Bartlett. Bret is going to be on Regis and Kathy Lee Wednesday. This is obviously a smarky NYC crowd, as they get a "Let's go Flair" chant going. Bartlett is such a piece of shit. He might be the worst color guy of all time. Why the fuck is Early fast counting Flair? That shit isn't fair to Flair. He's a piece of shit too. Fuck Earl Hebner. He's a TERRIBLE ref. Dude is always in the way and out of position at the same time. And he always telegraphs all of his bumps. He fucking sucks. Flair is firmly in control. Tito gets a solid back drop. I like that Flair was so pissed about the hair cut Jim Herd made him get that he grew his hair out for the next 3 years. Flair goes to the top for no reason. What a shocker, he gets slammed. Flair Flip. Flying Burrito! Flair dodges the second one and Tito goes flying over the top. Mr. Perfect runs out and attacks Flair, causing a DQ. They fight and officials try to break it up.

After a break, Flair and Perfect fight back out to ringside. Flair challenges Perfect to a loser leaves town match for next week. Perfect agrees to the match.

Rob Bartlett is a piece of SHIT.

Enough's enough.

Think it's cool that Russo came back to do some interviews for the Network. Happy to see him on "Countdown". Would love to see him on a Legends of Wrestling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom