• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

Caderfix

1) Who is to say Taker wants an HBK/Flair Moment? Austin didn't and Taker and Austin seem cut from the same cloth.

That I don't know, but it's only fit for the company to do something. To be clear, it doesn't need to be something huge like Flair or HBK, but at least be something, like an actual build up.

2) They don't want to run a "This is Taker's Last Match" because that's not the story they want to tell this year for for two reasons:

a) Maybe it's not his last match, they want to keep that door open
b) If it is the story they likely want to tell is that Reigns took Taker's career from him, forced him, not through a legal contract but through brute force, to retire. Can't do that if we know going in it's his last match.

Again, I get the reason, what I'm saying is:
It is bad regardless.

Started my free trial of the WWE Network so I can catch the HoF Cermony (already have Sky Sports for Mania) and watched that WWE 24 about Monday Raw, made me remember how hard that show jumped the shark last year. Hope to God it is better this year, at least we will get Nakamerica.

Last year the only thing that was good about it was Enzo and Cass, so mweh.
Roman completely brushing off Sami made for a good reaction gif at least.

giphy.gif

This is what Roman's character really should be. Some guy laughing at the midcard fools who think they have a chance to try and beat him.

Mahonay

Banned

giphy.gif

This is what Roman's character really should be. Some guy laughing at the midcard fools who think they have a chance to try and beat him.
Yes. Roman has this in him and he'd be stellar at it. He could sit on a mountain of heat.

Sephzilla

I maintain the belief that The Streak ending at WM30 was a middle finger to CM Punk (and a stealth attempt to deflate the crowd for Daniel Bryan's big win)

I maintain the belief that The Streak ending at WM30 was a middle finger to CM Punk (and a stealth attempt to deflate the crowd for Daniel Bryan's big win)
I also think this. And I also think Mania 30 is overrated as fuck. It was all down hill for me after Bray got Cena'd.

I always thought them giving Bryan his big win was the middle finger (along with the obvious 'fuck, we need Bryan in there or people will riot'). A full-time guy who like Punk isn't in super shape and doesn't fit the normal mold of WWE superstars does what Punk never did and complained that he never got to do which was main event a Wrestlemania while beating two part-timers.

Hex

Banned

giphy.gif

He also went this way when HBK came down to the ring to offer advice vs Taker

Sephzilla

giphy.gif

Cocky douchebag Roman who's self-aware of the fact that Vince loves him is exactly what his character should be.

Hard to believe that gimmick when he gets beat clean by Finn Balor
Finn's massive push to Summerslam with a rocket strapped right onto his back all the way to the main event scene only to get immediately injured the match he gets the belt is sad and a bit darkly hilarious at the same time.

Caderfix

Hard to believe that gimmick when he gets beat clean by Finn Balor

Not really, he can be cocky and condescending while not being untouchable. Getting knocked down a bit by a smaller guy actually works, specially after he defeated a bunch of the big ones.

If they let him have that personality and he started to sound less bored (even when he tries to bring the heat, he sounds REALLY bored, and looks as if he's about to sleep) Roman would go from one of the reasons why I avoid RAW to one of the reasons why I would watch it.

Kaladin

I hope they fast track Balor to the Universal title in a long feud with Brock. I don't really want to see Balor / Zayn vs Owens / Joe as a feud beyond house show fodder.

I hope they fast track Balor to the Universal title in a long feud with Brock. I don't really want to see Balor / Zayn vs Owens / Joe as a feud beyond house show fodder.

THE BEAST VS THE DEMON KING AT SUMMERSLAM!?!

lol I hate how they say Demon King every 3 mins.

Mahonay

Banned
They completely screwed up Rollins' entire face turn. Should have turned face as soon as he came back.
One of the dumbest things WWE did all year.

The pop Rollins got right after his return was fucking nuts. Turning him immediately backing into the weaselly heel made no sense. Just, why.

Sephzilla

Vince clearly loves the Demon gimmick since he gave Demon Balor's debut away on free TV in order to give it maximum exposure. He probably would have went nuts for Demon Balor versus Undertaker.

Kaladin

Vince clearly loves the Demon gimmick since he gave Demon Balor's debut away on free TV in order to give it maximum exposure. He probably would have went nuts for Demon Balor versus Undertaker.

I bet that's why they're not doing the retirement angle with Reigns, they want to hold out for Balor vs Taker.

Sephzilla

I bet that's why they're not doing the retirement angle with Reigns, they want to hold out for Balor vs Taker.

I fully expect them to try to squeeze one more year out of Undertaker. If this was Taker's final match they'd be really driving it home the possibility that this is the last time we see The Phenom

I remember when they made it like 35 year old Finn Balor was the rookie youngster going up against 31 year Roman Reigns and 30 year old Seth Rollins.

Like when 39 year old rookie AJ Styles first stepped into a WWE ring.

Sephzilla

I fucking despise Demon Balor. Fuck you, Finn. Watch some goddamn Muta tapes.

He desperately needs to do some different stuff when he's Demon Balor. Change up his move set and be more aggressive and savage. He shouldn't even be doing the Coup De Grace as the finisher when he's the Demon

I fully expect them to try to squeeze one more year out of Undertaker. If this was Taker's final match they'd be really driving it home the possibility that this is the last time we see The Phenom

Again unless they want to not telegraph Roman killing him too much. Word is his hip is fucked and the surgery he needs to have basically ends his career... we'll see though.

Kaladin

He desperately needs to do some different stuff when he's Demon Balor. Change up his move set and be more aggressive and savage.

My hope was that he'd be able to grow it a bit more on Raw, since NXT doesn't really do character development beyond the initial gimmicks.

Top Bottom