• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

Taker is a joke man... look at him. It's ridiculous... Taker winning would be dumb as shit.

Honestly the only way I would somewhat accept Roman beating taker is if he wins the heel way and absolutely destroys Taker post match. But no, it'll go SPEAR, SUPERMAN PUNCH, SPEAR, SUPER MAN PUNCH, SUPER MAN PUNCH, SPEAR!!!!!

*cue music* *cue pose*

fuckyouwehaveyourmoney.gif

Zach

WrestleMania picks (I don't watch weekly)

Strowman (dark horse: Big Show)
Neville
Bray Wyatt
Goldberg!!
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns (note: fully-embraced heel turn... for six days)
AJ Styles
Nia Jax (because The Rock will be there or whatever)
Kevin Owens
John Cena and Nikki Bella
Baron Corbin
Becky Lynch ( ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )
Enzo and Cass (via Colonel Sanders interference)

Bet the Filth Farm, Menome.

Caderfix

The biggest part timer ever is Goldberg, and people were ok with him shitting on everyone he stepped in the ring with. Being a part timer is not seen as a bad thing by many. I totally agree though, part timers should be used to put others over.

Mahonay

Banned
If Vince ever wants Roman to be the totally over babyface he dreams of, Roman can't win and stay face. If he wins and stays face he'll never get fully over. I don't care if Taker looks like a legitimate corpse in the ring, Roman beating Taker clean and remaining babyface is the kiss of death to his face career
Roman will always over in Vince's heart.

DisastrousShinyKinkajou-size_restricted.gif

Mahonay

Banned
it's not that Taker should win or lose, it's that he shouldn't wrestle, he looks like a sack of potatoes
Yep. Taker's said that he's been in pain even in the short segments he's been involved in. It's going to be a bit rough watching him on Sunday.

Ambrose fans defending Ambrose for defending his belt only once so far in a +84 day long reign when they gave Roman hell 24/7 for defending his US belt only a handful of times during his 106 day long reign.

Sad!

The truth is it's neither of the two's fault and it's WWE for the booking.

Honestly the only way I would somewhat accept Roman beating taker is if he wins the heel way and absolutely destroys Taker post match. But no, it'll go SPEAR, SUPERMAN PUNCH, SPEAR, SUPER MAN PUNCH, SUPER MAN PUNCH, SPEAR!!!!!

*cue music* *cue pose*

fuckyouwehaveyourmoney.gif

No way is Taker taking that many spears.

Fuckin hell, Tyler Bate vs Mandrews at the PROGRESS show on Friday's now for the WWE UK Title!
The thing I don't understand, are they recording these matches for the network?

Like I know there's been word on deals for putting some UK promotions on the Network, but it seems stupid to have this title that's just never defended where WWE fans can watch

He was talking shit about him both on air and on Twitter.

I just assume it was part of it.
Also Bas said JBL was "one" of the people doing it

We just had this talk days ago I swear? Maybe deja vu idk, I know I've said this before and here. Even said Bas said they don't want him coming over there

The Raid: Rutten. Him entering the ground floor of Titan and just destroying everyone there and up for being bullies or enablers

Tagyhag

Real talk, Taker should've retired right after retiring HBK.

Yes, but if the streak absolutely had to be broken, the retire him after Lesnar.

Instead, you have him become Lesnar's chew toy for months later, and then you give the streak heat to a squash match with Goldberg...

Undertaker got done dirty

Sephzilla

I think Taker retiring after the HBK matches would have been too soon. The most logical point would have been after WrestleMania 28 when he effectively killed DX. In alternative history he should have retired after having one last classic against Sting at WrestleMania 31.

I'm hoping Taker somehow pulls a repeat of how after 31 a lot thought he should hang them up then he had those two pretty good Brock matches later in the year.

But that probably won't be the case. :(

Mahonay

Banned

We just had this talk days ago I swear? Maybe deja vu idk, I know I've said this before and here. Even said Bas said they don't want him coming over there

The Raid: Rutten. Him entering the ground floor of Titan and just destroying everyone there and up for being bullies or enablers
Ok thank you I knew I wasn't crazy.

Why the fuck ya'll defending JBL or anyone at WWE?

Sephzilla

Taker needs henchmen again to take him seriously.

I would actually be cool with Taker taking kind of a glorified manager role where he essentially revives the Ministry of Darkness. The problem there is that Vince doesn't like stables and WWE doesn't really do characters like Taker/Kane anymore

I think Taker retiring after the HBK matches would have been too soon. The most logical point would have been after WrestleMania 28 when he effectively killed DX. In alternative history he should have retired after having one last classic against Sting at WrestleMania 31.
Fuuuuck. This should have been it. Fuck Triple H. Piece of bland shit.
I agree with this also, but then it would have been for nothing because less than a year later Punk would have quit WWE and then they'd act like Taker never lost and would never mention it again.
Maybe he'd a stayed if he retired Taker.

Mahonay

Banned
I would actually be cool with Taker taking kind of a glorified manager role where he essentially revives the Ministry of Darkness. The problem there is that Vince doesn't like stables and WWE doesn't really do characters like Taker/Kane anymore
Oh man. A new Ministry of Darkness would have been awesome. How did WWE not consider this as a way to use Taker and not have him wrestle as much?

I know you don't care about Taker, but I don't think it is possible that you think this is a worthy retirement for one of the greats, right? I get the idea and I go back to my previous comment, I thought the WWE would at least try.

Look at Flair, look at HBK, hell, even Sting's accidental last match had more weight then what they're consciously doing to the guy who was always there for the company, is extremely respected by everyone and is one of the biggest and most consistent draws the company ever had.

1) Who is to say Taker wants an HBK/Flair Moment? Austin didn't and Taker and Austin seem cut from the same cloth.

2) They don't want to run a "This is Taker's Last Match" because that's not the story they want to tell this year for for two reasons:

a) Maybe it's not his last match, they want to keep that door open
b) If it is the story they likely want to tell is that Reigns took Taker's career from him, forced him, not through a legal contract but through brute force, to retire. Can't do that if we know going in it's his last match.

Like I know there's been word on deals for putting some UK promotions on the Network, but it seems stupid to have this title that's just never defended where WWE fans can watch

This is the first time it's being defended outside of WWE - it'll be live on iPPV over at WWNLive on Friday, then on Demand PROGRESS at a later date and I imagine it'll be on the WWE youtube channel as well.

Oh man. A new Ministry of Darkness would have been awesome. How did WWE not consider this as a way to use Taker and not have him wrestle as much?

Because Taker hated the angle and resisted any hint of doing another Ministry, unfortunately.

Kornflayx

Taker will attempt Old School on sunday and just crumble into dust. Shane will then take that dust and ride around with it on the roller coaster

Because it's not a "Retirement Match". If this is the end the story will be Reigns kicking the shit out of Taker and forcing him to retire.

Which is different than a career match or a I'm retiring after this match scenario.

The story would be Reigns forced Taker into retirement against his will by sheer brutality
And that's going to get Roman over is it?

Ambrose fans defending Ambrose for defending his belt only once so far in a +84 day long reign when they gave Roman hell 24/7 for defending his US belt only a handful of times during his 106 day long reign.

Sad!

The truth is it's neither of the two's fault and it's WWE for the booking.
No one has cared about the title since it was put on Jericho. It seems as if no one ever cares about anything until has to do with Roman.
Ok thank you I knew I wasn't crazy.

Why the fuck ya'll defending JBL or anyone at WWE?
I'm not defending anyone. I just think it's fucked up to make baseless accusations.

Triple H's best friend having two great matches at Wrestlemania in a row with Taker with both being lauded as two of the best matches of all time being followed by Triple of course having to have two matches at Wrestlemania in a row with Taker will never not be hilarious.

People really don't care about if you're part time or not.

Out there? Sure. In here? Literally one of the most common complaints...

Me? I really don't care as long as they can still go, Taker should have lost to Wyatt and that be the end of it but alas here we are.

Sephzilla

Triple H's best friend having two great matches at Wrestlemania in a row with Taker with both being lauded as two of the best matches of all time being followed by Triple of course having to have two matches at Wrestlemania in a row with Taker will never not be hilarious.

HHH's inferiority complex was on full display there. He was jealous that HBK/Taker stole the show at a WrestleMania he main evented. And then he tried to have back to back Mania matches against Taker that were ABSOLUTELY BETTERER THAN HBK BECAUSE GIMMICKS AND BECAUSE I WON THE WAR. And around that same time we had HHH basically begging for that Ric Flair/HBK "goodbye" moment

Aiii

So not worth it
Started my free trial of the WWE Network so I can catch the HoF Cermony (already have Sky Sports for Mania) and watched that WWE 24 about Monday Raw, made me remember how hard that show jumped the shark last year. Hope to God it is better this year, at least we will get Nakamerica.

Last year the only thing that was good about it was Enzo and Cass, so mweh.

I'm glad estranged wrasslegaffer Stro went and giffed up Mania 26 because when I saw this Bateaster expression on my weekend rewatch I knew it had to make a comeback.

In other WM26 news, fuck me does the commentary for Taker/HBShizzle 2 bring the match down an entire star by itself. King spends the whole thing in his Owen voice going on about Taker's leg, Striker is of course Striker and damn I can't fault his enthusiasm but I can fault everything else.
Something that really sells the shitacular commentary for me is HBK countering the last ride into a face buster and the commentary team debating whether it was a counter or if Taker's leg buckled with King inserting a "possibly a combination of both!", no, fuck you!

Zach

Oh my god, my dude El Guapo is onto WWE's ways? Get 'em, Bas.

No one has cared about the title since it was put on Jericho. It seems as if no one ever cares about anything until has to do with Roman.

I'm not defending anyone. I just think it's fucked up to make baseless accusations.
Bas is literally Mauro's best friend. If he's saying "he's getting bullied at WWE by numerous people, JBL's one of them, and nobody's doing shit about it which pisses me off", it's because Mauro told him the situation.

For everyone saying they love Mauro, y'all really don't know his MMA history or the friends he made there. Everyone he knew is either quiet about the situation or pissed publicly, but yeah everythingsfinedog.gif

Top Bottom