• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

Mahonay

Banned
What did I say, Mahonay?!
giphy.gif

Caderfix

This doesn't feel like a retirement match. There's no build up for it, specially when you consider that we're talking about The Undertaker.

Such a weird, WEIRD, build up.

Mahonay

Banned
This doesn't feel like a retirement match. There's no build up for it, specially when you consider that we're talking about The Undertaker.

The last two Taker Mania builds have been the same way. The creative for him is mind numbingly stupid like it always is.

Caderfix

The last two Taker Mania builds have been the same way. The creative for him is mind numbingly stupid like it always is.

Yeah, but, we're not talking about A Mania, we're talking about his last one, you know? I really thought the WWE would at least try.

Kornflayx

Remember when Taker made Brock look like a little bitch in their buildup to WM 30? Remember when Taker lost to Brock at WM 30?

I remember...

Because it's not a "Retirement Match". If this is the end the story will be Reigns kicking the shit out of Taker and forcing him to retire.

Which is different than a career match or a I'm retiring after this match scenario.

The story would be Reigns forced Taker into retirement against his will by sheer brutality

Sephzilla

Remember when Taker made Brock look like a little bitch in their buildup to WM 30? Remember when Taker lost to Brock at WM 30?

I remember...

This is a big reason why I still think Taker losing was a mistake. They did nothing to make Brock seem like a credible threat.

Mahonay

Banned
Yeah, but, we're not talking about A Mania, we're talking about his last one, you know? I really thought the WWE would at least try.
Taker seemed to be of the mind he was going to keep wrestling. Maybe people were too afraid to book the "final match" storyline. But they should have adjusted once they saw what kind of shape he was in, even as far back as the Rumble.

Taker is ridiculous looking... Reigns should win and win convincingly

Nah Taker should win. No one wants to see Roman beat taker, Brock beat Goldberg and hold the title till next years mania just so Roman can finally dethrone Lesnar whose had a year long reign. Fuckin tired of Vince trying to make Roman the greatest thing.

Sephzilla

Roman should only beat Taker if he turns heel.

I wish we got Super Cena vs Undefeated Undertaker around the time of WM 27-30.

I really wish we got Undefeated Undertaker vs Sting and, in hindsight, I sort of wish we got Super Cena vs Undefeated Undertaker simply because that's the ultimate "smart booking versus Vince logic" match

Nah Taker should win. No one wants to see Roman beat taker, Brock beat Goldberg and hold the title till next years mania just so Roman can finally dethrone Lesnar whose had a year long reign. Fuckin tired of Vince trying to make Roman the greatest thing.

Taker is a joke man... look at him. It's ridiculous... Taker winning would be dumb as shit.

Kornflayx

Taker will come in at WM 40 in a wheelchair and have his opponent get close to him so he can chokeslam him from a seating position.

I'd much rather a Roman heel turn done by him losing and then being mad as fuck and he absolutely destroys Taker after it.

Him winning by turning heel would be sweet but there would be too many people still complaining of how Roman beat Taker in general.

Caderfix

Because it's not a "Retirement Match". If this is the end the story will be Reigns kicking the shit out of Taker and forcing him to retire.

I know you don't care about Taker, but I don't think it is possible that you think this is a worthy retirement for one of the greats, right? I get the idea and I go back to my previous comment, I thought the WWE would at least try.

Look at Flair, look at HBK, hell, even Sting's accidental last match had more weight then what they're consciously doing to the guy who was always there for the company, is extremely respected by everyone and is one of the biggest and most consistent draws the company ever had.

Mahonay

Banned
Roman should only beat Taker if he turns heel.
I honestly think there's no scenario where Reigns should be losing this match. Even if he gets booed out of the building. Dude who looks like he can barely walk should not beat Reigns. Unless you work in more dick kicks or something.

imBask

Banned
Roman is not turning heel guys, it's like i'm reading 2006 message boards around here with everyone saying John Cena is about to turn

stop

Sephzilla

If Vince ever wants Roman to be the totally over babyface he dreams of, Roman can't win and stay face. If he wins and stays face he'll never get fully over. I don't care if Taker looks like a legitimate corpse in the ring, Roman beating Taker clean and remaining babyface is the kiss of death to his face career

Top Bottom