• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

She make them titties move.
Rome make the city move.
Whaddup uce? It seems like everyone is excited for The Big Dog vs The Old Dog at the ultimate thrill ride. I'll forgive you for quoting Big Sean this one time.

UG6uAhH.jpg

There's also a Wrestle Circus iPPV midnight after Mania, which I missed somehow.
If you had to watch only one of the non-WWE PPVs, which would it be?

somedevil

Why else would they last minute a ladder stip into a match that was already a triple threat match?

If they do show up will they be under the broken gimmick because that is in a legal limbo right now.

I thought they would bring them in after the legal stuff was settled.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
anyone watch this Kurt Angle interview on the network (with Corey)?

Why else would they last minute a ladder stip into a match that was already a triple threat match?

Because the match is literally DOA without it?

I mean it's possible but it's also just as possible they added it to justify putting it on the main show... and I just don't see how the Hardys get added, it's not an open challenge... is someone going to get injured and the Hardys replace? The champs are heels and Foley is gone so not like Steph would add them to punish Gallows and Anderson or something.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
JR's message on why he is still going to WrestleMania is kind of gut-wrenching :(

Kaladin

If they do show up will they be under the broken gimmick because that is in a legal limbo right now.

I thought they would bring them in after the legal stuff was settled.

My best guess is they would bring them in as the Hardy Brothers and do their own angle to bring about the broken characters when they can.

My best guess is they would bring them in as the Hardy Brothers and do their own angle to bring about the broken characters when they can.

Wonder what the kayfabe story would be... see my edit I just can't see one but I guess who cares if you can get them in the match.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I'm guessing they looked at the contracts before they signed them to figure out if they can be broken or not, but my guess is that they'll be doing it regardless of whether they specifically use the term.

Kaladin

Wonder what the kayfabe story would be... see my edit I just can't see one but I guess who cares if you can get them in the match.

I think they would just add them last minute as they would be a big aquisition for WWE and it would be huge Mania moment for them to be a surprise addition.

It's all just speculation of course, but timing of everything tells me they're coming to WWE sooner rather than later. No bigger spot to debut them than as a Mania surprise.

gordy

Neo Member
The only three matches I have any interest in are on the preshow, so now I don't need to sit through a Pitbull performance.

Just based on the ridiculously stacked card the PROGRESS show is probably the best, imo - it's $20 over at WWNLive. The ROH show looks great as well, but that's a bit pricey at $30. Also, Joey Janela's Spring Break looks completely insane - Marty Jannetty, Glacier, Dan fucking Severn, etc. A $15 FloSlam subscription gets you access to that and all the other FloSlam shows live and on demand, so that's easily the best value for money.

They did The Club

There is absolutely no reason they can't pick up where they left off. Someone gives them an interview on Monday and they say they left and were changed and now they're back. Probably throw shade on Impact

If they show up unbroken it would be really, really dumb. So it's a possibility.

somedevil

They did The Club

There is absolutely no reason they can't pick up where they left off. Someone gives them an interview on Monday and they say they left and were changed and now they're back. Probably throw shade on Impact

If they show up unbroken it would be really, really dumb. So it's a possibility.

The problem is anthem really wants to screw with them and keep the gimmick. They trademarked the hardy videos on youtube and sent a letter to the cable networks that lead to one of them removing the Ring of Honor show off of pay per view which the Hardy's were on.

Fits the comic perfectly:

If anyone is going to figure out some loophole fuckery it's WWE. I also sincerely doubt they give a fuck about Anthem's intimidation attempts

They can show up as Broken and just be referred to as The Hardys

Write around how he talks as just being wacky. So he doesn't use Vanguard 1 or the Broken Brilliance. He seems smart enough to come up with more new things. It's not like they can trademark "wonderful!" and "delightful!", talking with a fake accent, and having a highlight in your hair

Delete would be the biggest question. Maybe they can use "delete" but not "deletion" in any proper way

RBH

HHH interview with Sports Illustrated:

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/03/27/wwe-triple-h-paul-levesque-nxt-cruiserweight-brands

Levesque is tasked with manufacturing an organic brand, which is an enormous undertaking. Take the Roman Reigns conundrum as an example: The handsome, muscular, 6'4" Samoan is vociferously booed by WWE audiences, and there are constant demands from the fans to turn Reigns into a villain. Levesque has a different understanding of the situation.

”People can look at Roman Reigns and say, ‘The failed attempt that is Roman Reigns,' but Roman Reigns sells tickets," said Levesque. ”Roman Reigns gets one of the loudest reactions every night, whether that reaction is a boo or whether that reaction is a cheer. The fans who say, ‘I don't understand why they don't turn Roman Reigns heel!' Isn't he already?

”If you believe what you believe, and you're saying, ‘How can they not turn him heel? There is 70 percent of the crowd booing him out of the building!' If that's your belief, then isn't he already the biggest heel we have? If 70 percent of that crowd is booing him, then he's a heel. We're just presenting him to you in a different way that makes you hate him."

As much as Levesque is reimagining WWE, the internet has changed the entire business of pro wrestling.

”The internet has changed the world," said Levesque. ”We are the most opinionated people in the world now. You can find someone who will agree with you no matter what you think. You just go on the internet and, if you look hard enough, you'll find someone who agrees with you. Gone is the day that everybody loves this one character, gone is the day that everybody hates this character. If you make a bad guy, there will be a group of people who love that character. He's Darth Vader, he's the bad guy, and they'll love every evil thing he does. If you make a good guy, there are people who will love him, but there is the same group of people who will hate him. The fact of the matter is everybody will look at John Cena and say, ‘John Cena has consistently been this ‘Super Cena' character and how can they not hear that half this arena hates him?' You know what we hear? Tickets selling.

”I spoke with John in 2004 when I was going to work with him at WrestleMania, and he was a little bothered by the fact he was getting booed. I said to him, ‘Dude, it's sold out. What do you care? You are the Yankees and the Red Sox in the same game.' You cannot dictate to people anymore."

Levesque's success as a talent has allowed him to succeed as an executive. He listened intently as the Madison Square Garden crowd went wild over the ”Curtain Call", and he has also heard longtime fans lament that the current product is geared to younger, more casual fans. As a solution, Levesque created NXT. While WrestleMania is set to showcase at least 13 matches, Saturday night's NXT Takeover: Orlando is a tightly-structured, five-match card.

”Raw and Smackdown have to be pop music," said Levesque. ”They have to appeal to the masses most. There is always a subset of people who'd rather listen to Metallica or Jay-Z, so we give those people NXT and 205. I give them the cruiserweights. Go to the U.K., it's a different style with different talent. Now you can follow a local talent work his way from the U.K. all the way to NXT and to the main roster. Now you feel like you're a part of helping that kid succeed."

Levesque fosters talent growth with NXT, and some of his proudest moments can now be viewed as the talent elevates itself to the main roster and wins WWE championships. The greatest payoff is the celebratory picture with Levesque.

Cagey

Banned
Work stopped filtering GAF this week.

Whaddup uce? It seems like everyone is excited for The Big Dog vs The Old Dog at the ultimate thrill ride. I'll forgive you for quoting Big Sean this one time.

Look, I'm a Don, I'm a Don, I'm a Don. Hate Lil' Sean but the wife turns that shit up every time it comes on.

Undertaker in 2017 looks like a fat guy who dresses up as the Undertaker on the Vegas Strip for $10 photos. Roman is going to put the old dog down but there's no joy in that... except the crowd being so so mad.

somedevil

If anyone is going to figure out some loophole fuckery it's WWE. I also sincerely doubt they give a fuck about Anthem's intimidation attempts

They can show up as Broken and just be referred to as The Hardys

Write around how he talks as just being wacky. So he doesn't use Vanguard 1 or the Broken Brilliance. He seems smart enough to come up with more new things. It's not like they can trademark "wonderful!" and "delightful!", talking with a fake accent, and having a highlight in your hair

Delete would be the biggest question. Maybe they can use "delete" but not "deletion" in any proper way

Well it depends because broken brilliance is trademarked in the impact videos and WWE actually threatened WCW when Hall first debuted using the accent from his WWE character.

Neville vs Aries on the pre show means they get maybe at least 15 minutes instead of the probably less than 10 they'd get on the main show

Stop trying to spin this as a positive, it's bullshit. They're gonna get a less than ten minute match whilst people are still entering the stadium.

Mahonay

Banned
If current Roman is a heel that would mean the RAW commentators are heels too. And the people who edit the all video packages that are pro-Roman.

You're right Haitch. Everyone is a heel and nothing matters.

“If you believe what you believe, and you’re saying, ‘How can they not turn him heel? There is 70 percent of the crowd booing him out of the building!’ If that’s your belief, then isn’t he already the biggest heel we have? If 70 percent of that crowd is booing him, then he’s a heel. We’re just presenting him to you in a different way that makes you hate him.”

I seriously doubt this is the way Vince sees the situation

The "who cares what the crowd is cheering" argument is fine until you have HHH cutting a 20 minute promo about "that's why you people like Roman Reigns"

You've made a story that hinges on the audience not booing him, you failed

Modern Cena works because he has supporters and detractors, people who like him eat it up and people who hate him hate what he does. It actually works.

The problem with both Roman now and Cena back in the height of his reign of terror is that they are always on top and rarely losing, while still booked as the underdog. That's not interesting to watch

Stop trying to spin this as a positive, it's bullshit. They're gonna get a less than ten minute match whilst people are still entering the stadium.

Dude it's a 2 hour pre-show with 3 matches... they have a decent chance of getting a solid amount of time...

A fucking 10 man divas tag match last year got 11 minutes on the preshow last year

If I'm wrong I'll admit being wrong but to just assume the sky is falling is ridiculous...

Dude it's a 2 hour pre-show with 3 matches... they have a decent chance of getting a solid amount of time...

A fucking 10 man divas tag match last year got 11 minutes on the preshow last year

If I'm wrong I'll admit being wrong but to just assume the sky is falling is ridiculous...
They could have made time for them and you know it. And I guarantee they're not going to let them go all out

Work stopped filtering GAF this week.

Look, I'm a Don, I'm a Don, I'm a Don. Hate Lil' Sean but the wife turns that shit up every time it comes on.

Undertaker in 2017 looks like a fat guy who dresses up as the Undertaker on the Vegas Strip for $10 photos. Roman is going to put the old dog down but there's no joy in that... except the crowd being so so mad.
Undertaker has looked like shit for years...it's not just 2017.
I would never imagine someone would be this upset over an Austin Aries match.

I don't think that a match being on the preshow is that big of a deal in the network era anyway.

Sephzilla

Undertaker has looked old for a while but this is the first year he's straight up looked bad. Even last year for the Shane match he looked like he was in pretty decent shape.

Top Bottom