• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

Undertaker has looked old for a while but this is the first year he's straight up looked bad. Even last year for the Shane match he looked like he was in pretty decent shape.
This is just not true. This may have been the first year that people have cared, but he's looked bad for years now.

Bronx-Man

Banned
So here's the kinda-final card, unless they wanna announce some match for the SD Tag Belts on SmackDown tonight:

WWE Championship
Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton

Universal Championship
Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar

Roman Reigns vs The Undertaker

Elimination Match for the RAW Women's Championship
Bayley vs Sasha Banks vs Charlotte vs Nia Jax

Unsanctioned Match
Triple H vs Seth Rollins

Nikki Bella & John Cena vs Maryse & The Miz

Shane McMahon vs AJ Styles (lol)

U.S. Championship
Chris Jericho vs Kevin Owens

Intercontinental Championship
Dean Ambrose vs Baron Corbin

Ladder Match for the RAW Tag Team Championships
The Club vs Enzo & Cass vs Sheamus & Cesaro

PRE-SHOW
Cruiserweight Championship
Neville vs Austin Aries

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

SmackDown Women's Championship Clusterfuck Thingy

I don't think that a match being on the preshow is that big of a deal in the network era anyway.
Last year it was fucked getting in the venue and the arena was empty for opening matches. I don't expect it this time but it can happen

I think that sort of thing would be nice as a cooldown match on the main show. Not a high stakes main event or anything but a solid as fuck match with a crowd that's properly hot

Jamie OD

WWE some how Monopolized the second hand market amazing

C8Ah3ukX0AAvRLG.jpg

https://twitter.com/mookieghana/status/846714020300238848

That comes across as a big deal. Definitely a clever way for WWE to make more money by pretty much selling the same tickets.

Sephzilla

This is just not true. This may have been the first year that people have cared, but he's looked bad for years now.

I'm mostly talking comparatively. In previous years Taker has at least attempted to get in shape for Mania and looked alright for a guy with as many bumps and miles on him. Comparatively, Taker this year looks way worse than Taker last year, and I think the general response people have had to Taker this year kind of shows that he looks way worse this year.

Admittedly though WM30 Taker didn't look that great either.

They could have made time for them and you know it. And I guarantee they're not going to let them go all out

Then don't watch, stick to whatever will give you what you want...

First you said it was time, but now it's not even about time, no now you're pre-complaing that they won't let them go all out... based on what? Neville vs Swann at the Rumble got 14 minutes and was an excellent match, Neville and Gallagher got 12 minutes at Fastlane and was also a great match, Neville vs Swann got 14 minutes on Raw a few weeks back and was also a great match... The two crazy ass 5 way matches on 205 Live all were great... Neville vs freaking Mustafa Ali on 205 was 15 minutes and also great...

There is nothing to indicate that at WrestleMania they are just gonna go sorry guys you can't put on a great match tonight...

Cagey

Banned

I'm mostly talking comparatively. In previous years Taker has at least attempted to get in shape for Mania and looked alright for a guy with as many bumps and miles on him. Comparatively, Taker this year looks way worse than Taker last year.

Yeah. Shit, he looked like he was on chemo at WM 30.

Taker looks particularly bloated and out of shape this time around, but yeah, he's been rough for awhile. The gutski is what's made me take notice this year.

Menome

I'd like to point out that a Pre-Show match may be 15 minutes long, but 5 minutes of that will be adverts for Wrestlemania interrupting it.

aOZs2kB.png

What haven't they done here? >_>
I think only King of the Ring '95 and Over The Edge? Some definite deep dive worthy stuff there, but the ones jumping out at me for maximum lulz are Bash at the Beach '00 and New Blood Rising; both definitive Russo shows!

So it's between Heroes of Wrestling and those two.

Then don't watch, stick to whatever will give you what you want...

First you said it was time, but now it's not even about time, no now you're pre-complaing that they won't let them go all out... based on what? Neville vs Swann at the Rumble got 14 minutes and was an excellent match, Neville and Gallagher got 12 minutes at Fastlane and was also a great match, Neville vs Swann got 14 minutes on Raw a few weeks back and was also a great match... The two crazy ass 5 way matches on 205 Live all were great... Neville vs freaking Mustafa Ali on 205 was 15 minutes and also great...

There is nothing to indicate that at WrestleMania they are just gonna go sorry guys you can't put on a great match tonight...
I'm saying they're not making time for them on the main show, and it'll be a nothing match on the pre-show, is that clearer? When has a pre-show ever had a match that's anything more than passable? When have wrestlers ever been allowed to really stretch their legs on the pre-show? I'm sorry for thinking these guys deserve better than this.

It means​ more people aren't going to watch them and shows that the cruiserweights division doesn't mean shit.

I mean it doesn't... It never has man... the only match you could argue should be on the pre-show instead is the triple threat tag match and they just made it a ladder match to justify it being on the main show soooo....

I'm saying they're not making time for them on the main show, and it'll be a nothing match on the pre-show, is that clearer? When has a pre-show ever had a match that's anything more than passable? When have wrestlers ever been allowed to really stretch their legs on the pre-show? I'm sorry for thinking these guys deserve better than this.

Why?

Why specifically do they deserve it over say the Smackdown Women who have been a far bigger part of their show than the Cruiserweights ever were? Or the Battle Royal? Where guys like Zayn and Strowman have been relegated to.

Talent? Tons of talented people aren't even on the show, tons of talented people are stuck in the also Pre-Show Battle Royal, guys who have been far bigger part of the main show than the Cruiserweights (again Zayn and Strowman)...

What makes Aries and Neville so bloody special?

Sephzilla

Taker looks particularly bloated and out of shape this time around, but yeah, he's been rough for awhile. The gutski is what's made me take notice this year.

Yeah same here. The gut is really what makes it look bad. Part of me wonders if he's so banged up that he just can't get into shape anymore. Roman's moveset is pretty safe, but I'm still slightly worried that Taker isn't going to be able to walk backstage after this match.

Also, welcome back

Heroman

Banned
I mean it doesn't... It never has man... the only match you could argue should be on the pre-show instead is the triple threat tag match and they just made it a ladder match to justify it being on the main show soooo....
The pre show is for guys they don't care about and it pretty clear that they don't care about them. They care more about Enzo and Cass then they do about the whole cruiserweights division.

Tagyhag

I wonder how the 3 months free email works.

I get a "WE WANT YOU BACK" email but it's just like "....And subscribe please, no months for you"

Sephzilla

GWF Insider Magazine said:
It's being reported that the GWF3 card is potentially penciled in. Upper management is stalling any announcement of the card in order to deliberate more about match order and stipulations, plus see if any new developments happen in the next week or so that could alter the event's card.

Wow!

Why?

Why specifically do they deserve it over say the Smackdown Women who have been a far bigger part of their show than the Cruiserweights ever were? Or the Battle Royal? Where guys like Zayn and Strowman have been relegated to.

Talent? Tons of talented people aren't even on the show, tons of talented people are stuck in the also Pre-Show Battle Royal, guys who have been far bigger part of the main show than the Cruiserweights (again Zayn and Strowman)...

What makes Aries and Neville so bloody special?
I agree, the SD women SHOULD be on the main show, but they've been relegated to the pre-show. Battle Royal is whatever cause it never meant anything in the first place. Zayn and Strowman deserve something better too but the rest will be a bunch of jobbers anyway.

The pre show is for guys they don't care about and it pretty clear that they don't care about them. They care more about Enzo and Cass then they do about the whole cruiserweights division.

Mania this year is freaking stacked... I don't think it's fair to say that because you're on the Pre-Show they don't care at all...

RBH

GWF fans, if you're even thinking about changing the channel to our competition, do not. Because we understand that RBH, who posted here one time as Cactus Jack, is going to win their World Title.

Hmmph, that's gonna put some butts in the seats!

Zach

I think only King of the Ring '95 and Over The Edge? Some definite deep dive worthy stuff there, but the ones jumping out at me for maximum lulz are Bash at the Beach '00 and New Blood Rising; both definitive Russo shows!

So it's between Heroes of Wrestling and those two.

Yeah, duuuude.

Bash at the Beach '95 and Halloween Havoc '95 would actually probably be good fun. Bash at the Beach 2000 and New Blood Rising will be bad, spiteful fun.

Hooray!

I agree, the SD women SHOULD be on the main show, but they've been relegated to the pre-show. Battle Royal is whatever cause it never meant anything in the first place. Zayn and Strowman deserve something better too but the rest will be a bunch of jobbers anyway.

Right because there's not time for everyone on the Main Show there just isn't unless they make the main show itself 6 hours lol.

Concerts are dumb no doubt but concerts always happen, that's Mania for you...

Kaladin

Right because there's not time for everyone on the Main Show there just isn't unless they make the main show itself 6 hours lol.

Concerts are dumb no doubt but concerts always happen, that's Mania for you...

Gotta give people a bathroom break because women wrestling is actually good now.

Zach

GWF fans, if you're even thinking about changing the channel to our competition, do not. Because we understand that RBH, who posted here one time as Cactus Jack, is going to win their World Title.

Hmmph, that's gonna put some butts in the seats!

...did you really have the username Cactus Jack?

Even small town local wrasslin' shows do intermissions.

WWE has never heard of them.

Yeah my local indy show does... I think the WWE house show I went to did though, I guess they're just worried abut dead air... but it shouldn't matter anymore with the Network *shrugs*

Top Bottom