• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

Beefy

Yeah same here. The gut is really what makes it look bad. Part of me wonders if he's so banged up that he just can't get into shape anymore. Roman's moveset is pretty safe, but I'm still slightly worried that Taker isn't going to be able to walk backstage after this match.

Also, welcome back

Also with him having fucked up knees and back his posture would be messed up. He does seem to lurch forward a lil, which would mean his gut looks bigger then it is.

Hey Bryan Alvarez, what do you think about the WrestleMania 33 card?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6coyc4x3Ow

Alvarez has an absurd definition of thrown together...

Officially announced closer to Mania doesn't = thrown together lol...

Calling Sasha vs Bayley vs Charlotte vs Nia thrown together is absurd... we can argue on the quality of the build but that shit has been front and centre for months...

Just watch how much time they give Pitbull to sing whatever he sings bumping at least one match to the pre-show.

Concerts happen almost every Mania... they also serve as, as previously mentioned, designated bathroom breaks.

Whaddup uce? It seems like everyone is excited for The Big Dog vs The Old Dog at the ultimate thrill ride. I'll forgive you for quoting Big Sean this one time.

If you had to watch only one of the non-WWE PPVs, which would it be?

The ROH Supercard will have a good flippy shit match that's gonna be amazing, but the revpro card (which I don't think I see there) is the best for me: Zabre Jr vs Penta, Rico vs Scurll and Fenix vs Ospreay look too good to miss.

Alvarez has an absurd definition of thrown together...

Officially announced closer to Mania doesn't = thrown together lol...

Calling Sasha vs Bayley vs Charlotte vs Nia thrown together is absurd... we can argue on the quality of the build but that shit has been front and centre for months...

Concerts happen almost every Mania... they also serve as designated bathroom breaks.
He said that? Alvarez your own buddy Meltzer IIRC leaked that fatal four way women's happening months ago. It wasn't thrown together.

Concerts happen almost every Mania... they also serve as, as previously mentioned, designated bathroom breaks.

Yeah but you're saying they care, when clearly having a mini concert on the main show instead of giving that spotlight to the performers is an indication of the opposite.

And yes, they've done this in the past, because even back then they didn't care.

Yeah but you're saying they care, when clearly having a mini concert on the main show instead of giving that spotlight to the performers is an indication of the opposite.

And yes, they've done this in the past, because even back then they didn't care.

I don't think they do or don't care....

I just don't think you're on the pre-show means they automatically don't care.

They should have a roid-off at next years Mania.

Wrestlemania-VI-3.jpg

klonere

Banned
I mean WK11 had a pretty average midcard including putting over a guy who is bland and boring as fuck just because he has the right last name, a heatless ROH title match, a GOD match before they got good (that included YTR for no fucking reason other than he stole the belts????) and a meaningless "everybody on the card" gauntlet tag whose result was reversed the very next day.

Heroman

Banned
I mean WK11 had a pretty average midcard including putting over a guy who is bland and boring as fuck just because he has the right last name, a heatless ROH title match, a GOD match before they got good (that included YTR for no fucking reason other than he stole the belts????) and a meaningless "everybody on the card" gauntlet tag whose result was reversed the very next day.
But it also feature 4 matches that will probably be better than anything at WM.

Zabka

The problem with Wrestlemania isn't the matches. It's the booking. Bray vs Randy has had a great build but Randy going over would ruin the whole thing. Shane vs AJ could be a fun match but Shane winning would be insane. WM 32 was rotten with stuff like this.

Dean Ambrose vs. Baron Corbin sounds so bad,
They should add the "Loser has to take his shirt off in public" stipulation.

Fox318

It's so weird when people don't demand a match at WM, they demand their WrestleMania Moment

it depends on the heat.

Like when I was younger I wanted to see the Brock vs Angle matchup at mania but I demanded that HHH fucking lose the belt at 20.

Anth0ny

why even separate the pre-show and the main card these days?

but putting something on the pre-show, all you're saying is "you don't need to watch these matches". i'm watching mania with some friends and even they said fuck the pre show. the stadium itself is going to be empty for the pre-show. i don't get it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

but putting something on the pre-show, all you're saying is "you don't need to watch these matches". i'm watching mania with some friends and even they said fuck the pre show. the stadium itself is going to be empty for the pre-show. i don't get it.

Yeah they're better off just saying WM is a seven hour show with the first two hours free.

I don't think they do or don't care....

I just don't think you're on the pre-show means they automatically don't care.

I think the sole fact of being relegated to the pre-show means you're not that important on the eyes of the company.

And these are title matches on there, which, as I said, explains a lot about how wwe feels what the titles mean these days.

Pit Bull is wack, and his own community of people laugh at him. (trust me, I have seen it with my own eyes.) they have 0 respect for him. He is a musical hack.

The pre show is basically just something to hook in people to subscribe to the network. It's free to watch on YouTube and they hammer in the 'sign up for your free account' thing about a 100 times during it.

Fox318

They use the preshow as a tool to measure youtube and facebook intrest.

Hex

Banned

Pre-Show used to be able to be watched for free on Youtube or the WWE site (or the channel the PPV was on) ...
Not sure how that is now.

Pikma

Banned
If i didn't​ get WM 33 for free o doubt I would watch it, there nothing there for me
If I gave you a plate full of shit for free would you eat it? If you seriously think there's nothing there for you don't watch it, I doubt your life is so empty you're willing to watch something you'll 100% hate just because you got it for free

Unless you want to watch it just to complain, of course.

I think the sole fact of being relegated to the pre-show means you're not that important on the eyes of the company.

And these are title matches on there, which, as I said, explains a lot about how wwe feels what the titles mean these days.

Dude the card this year is freaking stacked.... Like utterly stacked... Like there's no throwaway match ala New Day vs League of Nations or throw away pre show matches like the 10 woman tag match or the Dudleys vs the Usos.... This is a stacked card...

And with two brands yeah some titles are going to fall to the Pre-Show. I mean unless you think Rollins/HHH, Taker/Reigns, Shane/AJ or Miz&Mayse/Nikki&Cena should be on the pre show (because those are your only non title matches on the show other than the Battle Royal)

8 out of 9 titles are on the line at Mania currently

Anth0ny

Yeah they're better off just saying WM is a seven hour show with the first two hours free.

yeah exactly! it's a much better sell that way. "pre-show" is such a garbage label for a 2 hour show with legitimately built matches. sunday night heat it ain't.

Top Bottom