• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

klonere

Banned
You guys are thinking about Mania way to deeply.

Or WWE in general for that matter. It's best if you just watch it show by show instead of trying to actively engage with it. When something good like KO/Jericho pops up you can just ignore everything else and focus on that.

It'll do you a world of good!

Dude the card this year is freaking stacked.... Like utterly stacked... Like there's no throwaway match ala New Day vs League of Nations or throw away pre show matches like the 10 woman tag match or the Dudleys vs the Usos.... This is a stacked card...

And with two brands yeah some titles are going to fall to the Pre-Show. I mean unless you think Rollins/HHH, Taker/Reigns, Shane/AJ or Miz&Mayse/Nikki&Cena should be on the pre show (because those are your only non title matches on the show other than the Battle Royal)

Exactly my point, titles don't matter, personalities do. That's why I never understood why people were mad that the Owens vs Jericho was gonna be for the US belt, literally no one gives a damn about that.

None of the big talking points going on this Mania are the title defenses or someone trying to win it to prove a point, the only one that has a hint to being this is the Raw women's title.

If i didn't​ get WM 33 for free o doubt I would watch it, there nothing there for me.

So you're just going to waste 7 hours on something that doesn't interest you?

Why not go rewatch some old NJPW instead of shitting on something you're not even interested in

So here's the kinda-final card, unless they wanna announce some match for the SD Tag Belts on SmackDown tonight:

WWE Championship
Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton

Universal Championship
Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar

Roman Reigns vs The Undertaker

Elimination Match for the RAW Women's Championship
Bayley vs Sasha Banks vs Charlotte vs Nia Jax

Unsanctioned Match
Triple H vs Seth Rollins

Nikki Bella & John Cena vs Maryse & The Miz

Shane McMahon vs AJ Styles (lol)

U.S. Championship
Chris Jericho vs Kevin Owens

Intercontinental Championship
Dean Ambrose vs Baron Corbin

Ladder Match for the RAW Tag Team Championships
The Club vs Enzo & Cass vs Sheamus & Cesaro

PRE-SHOW
Cruiserweight Championship
Neville vs Austin Aries

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

SmackDown Women's Championship Clusterfuck Thingy

Oh shit I've booked Monday morning off work to watch without having seen much recently. Struggling to find one match there that interests me. That's a stinker for me

Heroman

Banned
If I gave you a plate full of shit for free would you eat it? If you seriously think there's nothing there for you don't watch it, I doubt your life is so empty you're willing to watch something you'll 100% hate just because you got it for free

Unless you want to watch it just to complain, of course.
Cause I can.

So you booked time off to watch a show without paying attention to any of the build or anything?

It's Wrestlemania, that was my logic.

I'm hoping not having been watching for a few months will help my enjoyment and the video packages will fill me in.

Plus if Pitbull is there to do the raffle it may be good

Hex

Banned
THIS IS A LIE! That song is a classic!!

Bo Rida > Flo Rida

NOu5dPB.gif

Heroman

Banned
So you're just going to waste 7 hours on something that doesn't interest you?

Why not go rewatch some old NJPW instead of shitting on something you're not even interested in

I'm a pro wrestling fan, I can't​ miss the biggest pro wrestling show of the year
Sunday is usually my lazy day off I probably get drunk and watch the show

Menome

Looking at the card, there's not any match that I specifically want to miss. I'm not saying I'll necessarily enjoy all of them, but I want to see how they turn out.

Bathroom breaks can be done during the turgid inter-match chatting and repeated video packages.

I think the main reason people are upset about the Aries and Neville match being on the pre-show is that division is struggling and nobody cares. Putting it on the pre-show very few people watch or care about simply doesn't help with that.

People need to keep in mind that in Vince's mind, Wrestlemania is the day he can actually believe pro wrestling is accepted by normal people and society at large. It really isnt specifically for hardcore wrestling fans.

Mahonay

Banned
Looking at the card, there's not any match that I specifically want to miss. I'm not saying I'll necessarily enjoy all of them, but I want to see how they turn out.

Bathroom breaks can be done during the turgid inter-match chatting and repeated video packages.
Yep same.

Pitbull will be a good bathroom break time.

I think the main reason people are upset about the Aries and Neville match being on the pre-show is that division is struggling and nobody cares. Putting it on the pre-show very few people watch or care about simply doesn't help with that.

People need to keep in mind that in Vince's mind, Wrestlemania is the day he can actually believe pro wrestling is accepted by normal people and society at large. It really isnt specifically for hardcore wrestling fans.

There was literally one match that I would have argued should have been on the Pre-show instead of Aries/Neville (but even then I could make the same argument about literally every other match on the pre-show, and in some cases a stronger one) and that was the Raw Tag title triple thread but now that it is a ladder match? There isn't one, it's again a stacked card.

There was literally one match that I would have argued should have been on the Pre-show instead of Aries/Neville (but even then I could make the same argument about literally every other match on the pre-show, and in some cases a stronger one) and that was the Raw Tag title triple thread but now that it is a ladder match? There isn't one, it's again a stacked card.

I know. I don't particular care what is on the pre-show and what isn't. I would have said the women on SD deserve a main show spot more than the women on Raw but the way the belt has been handled was whatever (and yes I know, this wasn't the original plan). Someone has to be on the pre-show. I'm just offering perspective. Putting the CW title on the pre-show honestly doesn't send the best message.

I know. I don't particular care what is on the pre-show and what isn't. I would have said the women on SD deserve a main show spot more than the women on Raw but the way the belt has been handled was whatever (and yes I know, this wasn't the original plan). Someone has to be on the pre-show. I'm just offering perspective. Putting the CW title on the pre-show honestly doesn't send the best message.

They were a main show match for both the Rumble and Fastlane so it's not the end of the world being Pre-Show at Mania.... There's just literally no room. Like the SD Women's title not being on the Main Show doesn't mean they don't care about that title....

The SD Women's program has been crap since Naomi got hurt... the Raw Women might not be everyone's fav booking but it's better than the complete nose dive SD took since Alexa got the title back (no fault of Alexa's mind you), gbut even if it was say Naomi defending it still would have been pre-show though because Charlotte/Bayley/Sasha are the three biggest stars in the Women's division right now, though the hometown factor might have kicked in (maybe the Raw tag titles doesn't become a ladder match)

They were a main show match for both the Rumble and Fastlane so it's not the end of the world being Pre-Show at Mania.... There's just literally no room. Like the SD Women's title not being on the Main Show doesn't mean they don't care about that title....

The SD Women's program has been crap since Naomi got hurt... the Raw Women might not be everyone's fav booking but it's better than the complete nose dive SD took since Alexa got the title back (no fault of Alexa's mind you), gbut even if it was say Naomi defending it still would have been pre-show though because Charlotte/Bayley/Sasha are the three biggest stars in the Women's division right now, though the hometown factor might have kicked in (maybe the Raw tag titles doesn't become a ladder match)

I know, that is why I said I would have preferred SD women match over Raw but they dropped the ball.

Like I said, I don't really care. I can understand why people are disappointed or frustrated about the CW stuff though.

Luschient

So now that I have the network, I'm checking out this "Shawn Michaels' WM Moments" deal where he gives some commentary before each match. Love this shit.

Top Bottom