• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

Mahonay

Banned
So last night, my wife, who I can never get to watch wrestling for the life of me, was listening to our TV blast Smackdown from this past Tuesday. When the Cena/ Miz segment hit in the ring, she dropped what she was doing, came in to glance at what was going on, sat down and started laughing her ass off. She stuck through all the way to see Bray and Orton end the show.

New fan? Maybe.
I wish I could get my girlfriend back into watching wrestling with me.

Back when NXT was still killing it, she was so invested. She cried at the end of Bayley vs Sasha at Brooklyn.

Now she's just kind of goes "UGH why is there so much wrestling on now? Can you watch this when I'm not here?"

Caderfix

So last night, my wife, who I can never get to watch wrestling for the life of me, was listening to our TV blast Smackdown from this past Tuesday. When the Cena/ Miz segment hit in the ring, she dropped what she was doing, came in to glance at what was going on, sat down and started laughing her ass off. She stuck through all the way to see Bray and Orton end the show.

New fan? Maybe.

That's a dead giveaway, Groovy. You might have to consider if you really are ready to be in a relationship with a wrestling fan.
Cena and Miz delivering, I see huh?

Mahonay

Banned
Why.........why is Kassius Ohno's ring attire a basketball jersey?
X0vZzlU.gif

Let's not compare 1980s Dusty Rhodes with 2017 Chris Hero.

Even assuming it was a valid comparison, Dusty owned being a fat guy in a way that Hero isn't. Kevin Owens owns being a fat wrestler in a way that Hero doesn't. Hero comes off as totally unaware he's completely out of shape.

lmao what? What does that mean? Hero is one of the best wrestlers in the world and constantly has been since he left NXT. He just visually look sloppy but dood is in shape and smooth in the ring.

Bronx-Man

Banned
NXT (back then) is college, when you're having the best time of life not giving a shit about anything.

The main roster is post-grad life, when you quickly have all signs of hope and optimism sucked out of you.

Let's not compare 1980s Dusty Rhodes with 2017 Chris Hero.

Even assuming it was a valid comparison, Dusty owned being a fat guy in a way that Hero isn't. Kevin Owens owns being a fat wrestler in a way that Hero doesn't. Hero comes off as totally unaware he's completely out of shape.
This is a deep conclusion for having watched someone on TV twice.

How would he train or wrestle at all if he wasn't aware of his body and how it moves? You can't do a front roll if you don't have control and understanding of your anatomy.

Fat guys coming out in basketball jerseys signal to me that they're ready to be that sympathetic babyface.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lmao what? What does that mean? Hero is one of the best wrestlers in the world and constantly has been since he left NXT. He just visually look sloppy but dood is in shape and smooth in the ring.

I'm saying if he put a singlet on and just owned up to being twenty pounds overweight it wouldn't be a problem for anyone.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
So is Sampson FE'd or being moved up to the main roster? He was growing on me as one of the few guys that would get legit heel heat but I don't think he's main roster ready.

Kaladin

We have heard there have been a few instances of fans removed from and even arrested for trespassing at the WWE hotel in Orlando, so if you are thinking about tracking it down to try and meet talents, you might want to reconsider that strategy.

Good on WWE, I know that has been absurd in the past.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He's working in NXT under a mask as El Vagabundo.

They're not bringing him in as a big star, they're bringing him in to be the equivalent of Tyler Breeze except he gets actual booed.

Zach

I wish I could get my girlfriend back into watching wrestling with me.

Back when NXT was still killing it, she was so invested. She cried at the end of Bayley vs Sasha at Brooklyn.

Now she's just kind of goes "UGH why is there so much wrestling on now? Can you watch this when I'm not here?"
Heh. That's similar to my ladybird. Although she's not as harsh. Like she's still like "yaaay, wrestling, Sasha, etc." but she doesn't want to watch anymore.

I don't blame her. >_>

imBask

Banned
If you take a picture of a celebrity in a bathroom, no matter your age, you should go to prison. You clearly don't know how to interact with other humans in society

Caderfix

I don't care if they're stupid, I love HHH's ridiculous Mania entrances. His 31 and 32 entrances were so dumb they became great

You are 100% correct. Even Steph's promo saying everyone in the crowd is an idiot to try and make people boo HHH was enjoyable
even though it didn't work

Angry Grimace

I don't care if they're stupid, I love HHH's ridiculous Mania entrances. His 31 and 32 entrances were so dumb they became great

The WrestleMania 30 one was the good one.

I have a feeling that in order to sell "unsanctioned match" he's gonna just walk in normally this year. Then again, I still fully expect Finn Balor to show up during the match and do shenanigans which would also require a ridiculous entrance - my guess is that HHH comes out after Seth, does his regular water-bottle entrance and immediately calls Joe out and says "haha unsanctioned!" then Seth introduces Finn as his backup and we get a fake tag match where its technically a singles match, but other people can protect Seth.

If you take a picture of a celebrity in a bathroom, no matter your age, you should go to prison. You clearly don't know how to interact with other humans in society

A lawyer can easily spin that into the boy taking a picture of himself. Then sue for trauma.

Kaladin

I can't believe I'm not booked for GWF3: MarkaMania when I'm the biggest mark in this place. I'm gonna buy a front row ticket, sit down with some nachos and mark out to the whole card till I annoy the right person and get a match.

Top Bottom