• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

Out of everything WWE is offering this weekend, I'm most excited for Tommy End's debut.

Speaking of NXT, how does WWE hire Chris Hero and not have him working ANYWHERE during Mania weekend?

Dean Ambrose is in that "don't give a fuck" stage. Not that he was ever great, but he clearly is just sailing through right now. Kind of like Orton has been off and on for the past few years till lately with this Wyatt angle.

I don't blame guys like Ambrose and Nakamura. Why shred your body if you can be one of the most over guys on the roster and put in 70%?

Heroman

Banned
Hero, I'm kind of with you on this. He feels stuck in development even though he's improving. Not a terrible wrestler or persona or anything like that, just not...stellar in any way outside the solid finisher at this point in time. But if he keeps improving, he can be one of the better "ex-athelete become sports entertainer" wrestlers.

His promos are so awkward. That's obviously not who he is.
Dude like 32 he ain't going to improve.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My picks:

Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Natalya vs. Mickie James vs. Carmella (with James Ellsworth) vs. Naomi

Mickie James is going to win - they want to set up James v. Bliss and it doesn't work if James doesn't have the title. Secondary selection is Alexa retains.

Neville (c) vs. Austin Aries

Guessing Neville retains, but it depends how high they are on Aries (indications seem that they are much higher on Aries than anyone else)

André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

Braun Strowman's winning with Sami Zayn being the last eliminated.

Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Randy Orton

Bray retains. I think they want to give Bray a real run here.

Goldberg (c) vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman)

Lesnar wins, but if it weren't for the fact they want Roman to beat him, I'd have assumed Goldberg would win + retire with the belt to keep it on the shows.

The Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns

I think they want to start a mega-push with Roman and I think they're going to start with a little "cool heel" run where he's mean but not super mean so he can flip flop at a moment's notice.

Seth Rollins vs. Triple H

I think the long term idea is going to be Joe and Rollins and Balor and Owens, so I think this match will have Balor setting up a BS win.

Shane McMahon vs. AJ Styles

Given the lack of ways to protect AJ, I can't see him losing. I'm expecting serious, serious shenanigans though.

Bayley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax

The heel turn happens in the match itself.

Chris Jericho (c) vs. Kevin Owens

Owens is sticking around and needs the rub more than the departing Jericho.

John Cena and Nikki Bella vs. The Miz and Maryse

Nikki's going to tap Maryse out with the STF, although it will be one of those stereo-deals where Cena has Miz in the STF at the same time.

Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Baron Corbin

Corbin to be rewarded for attempted murder.

Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson (c) vs. Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. Cesaro and Sheamus

Cass to get the titles off the ladder - I think they want to put them over for the titles before the luster dies any more.

Hex

Banned
Bray vs Randy - I would like Bray to win even if it takes the whole family, ideally debut Bo into the family

Goldberg vs Brock - Could not care less. Make it quick.

Shane vs Styles - Usual Shane gimmicks, Van Daminator - skippy dancing punches - suicide drop. Styles will carry him. I want to see Styles go over and continue punishing Shane until Angle's music hits and he makes the save.

Reigns vs Taker - - Would not make sense for Taker to go over. If there is any good booking left Reigns will go ham and manhandle Taker while smiling with the crowd going molten hot. Will probably instead be a chair fest with lots of rest holds and kick outs.

Miz/Maryse vs John Cena/Nikki Bella - Miz and Maryse should go over, Cena on his knee after would give the feel good even with the loss. In my personal booking Nikki would say no and the place will no nuts.

Seth vs Trips - Seth needs to win this, to make it big the Sheild should play into it which makes me think that Taker/Reigns and Jericho/Owens will go on early. Could always play the Joe run in countered by Finn.

Jericho vs Owens - we know that Jericho is taking some time off, so they can either write him off here or on Raw the next night. For story purposes Jericho should go over perhaps with help and then lose the belt the next night. Help could be Zayne or Finn.

Ambrose vs Corbin - Hell give Corbin the belt, let him work with it for a bit. Dean doesn't need it.

Bayley vs Sasha vs Charlotte vs Nia - I would give the belt to Nia, have Charlotte enter a program with Dana and Sasha and Bayley do their thing. BUT I think in this one they give Bayley her Mania moment.

Club v Enzo and Cass v Cesaro and Sheamus - Ideally I would leave the belts on the club. Enzo and Cass could go over. Depends on how soon Hardys are coming.

Smackdown Women - seems they wil go for the cheap feel good with Naomi. Personally I love the hell out of Bliss, and still think that Becky Lynch deserves more love.

Andre royal - Big Show is retiring soon, will probably be him. Would love to see Shaq come down and cost him the match and then give Zayne the feel good crowd win.

Neville v Aries - Will be amazing, can't call it. Neville has never been better.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
His NXT name is the worst tho

Aleister Black is a pretty rad name. Then again, I think Killian Dain is a cool name also, although I dunno why everyone has to be converted to Irish.

Corbin is the perfect guy to put against someone good and balance them out

Putting him with people like Ziggler makes him look like garbage

Corbin/Ambrose could be a lot of fun if they let them do a Wrestlemania X7 trashy falls count anywhere match with backstage brawling. More dumb forklift antics

That's also where Ambrose is at his best because regardless of laziness in ring, his character work can be fantastic (and being goofy and hitting Corbin with whatever dumb shit he can find is a good way to do that)

Without something as awful as the "AMBROSE ASYLUM" match straight out of TNA

EDIT: wrote WWE X7 instead of WM X7, dumb video game abbreviations rolling me up

Tom Nook

So who do you guys see winning or want to see win this weekend?

Bold is who I want to win. Underline is who I think will win.

1.) Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Natalya vs. Mickie James vs. Carmella (with James Ellsworth) vs. Naomi
2.) Neville (c)vs. Austin Aries
3.) 2017 André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal: Braun Strowman
4.) Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Randy Orton
5.) Goldberg (c) vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman)
6.) The Undertaker vs.Roman Reigns
7.) Seth Rollinsvs. Triple H
8.) Shane McMahon vs.AJ Styles
9.) Bayley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax
10.) Chris Jericho (c) vs.Kevin Owens
11.)John Cena and Nikki Bella vs. The Miz and Maryse
12.) Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Baron Corbin
13.) Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson (c) vs. Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. Cesaro and Sheamus

NXT Takeover Bonus Round:

1.) Bobby Roode (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
2.) Asuka (c) vs. Ember Moon
3.) The Authors of Pain (Akam and Rezar) (c) (with Paul Ellering) vs. #DIY (Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa) vs. The Revival (Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder)
4.) Aleister Black vs. Andrade Almas
5.) Tye Dillinger, Roderick Strong, No Way Jose, and Ruby Riot vs. SAnitY (Eric Young, Killian Dain, Alexander Wolfe, and Nikki Cross)

I hate seeing people hate on people like Roman and Miz for wrestling a basic, safe style but then defending Ambrose wrestling a basic, safe style by trying to justify it as him trying to prolong his career which makes it very okay.

imBask

Banned
More competition is always good boss, if any of them needs a little push i'm willing to job for them, you know i'm just happy to be here this is a great opportunity i'm just happy if the fans are happy

Menome

Menome, is Hulk Hogan irredeemable?

Pretty much. He wasn't saying anything as part of a "joke" or scripted event. It was recorded when he thought nobody could hear him and call him out on it.

He's a racist and there's nothing more to say on it.

My opinion of Dean is basically someone who can have great matches with great opponents (such as Seth, Owens, AJ) but a guy who completely falls apart in the ring when he's in a normal match with no gimmick against people who are either not that much better then him or below his skill (such as Ziggler).

His work on the mic is terrific.

Top Bottom