• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

ReiGun

So who do you guys see winning or want to see win this weekend?

Bold is who I want to win. Underline is who I think will win.

1.) Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Natalya vs. Mickie James vs. Carmella (with James Ellsworth) vs. Naomi
Want: Naomi
Probably: Bliss

2.) Neville (c) vs. Austin Aries
Want: Aries
Probably: Aries

3.) 2017 André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal: Braun Strowman
Want: Mojo Rawley (the reactions would be hilarious) or Sami Zayn
Probably: BRAUNNNNNN

4.) Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Randy Orton
Want: Bray
Probably: Randy

5.) Goldberg (c) vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman)
Want: who gives a shit?
Probably: Brock

6.) The Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns
Want: Reigns (again, hilarious reactions)
Probably: Taker

7.) Seth Rollins vs. Triple H
Want: Seth
Probably: Seth

8.) Shane McMahon vs. AJ Styles
Want: Styles
Probably: Styles

9.) Bayley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax
Want: Sasha
Probably: Sasha (heel turn doesn't work if she doesn't steal the title)

10.) Chris Jericho (c) vs. Kevin Owens
Want: Jericho
Probably: KO

11.) John Cena and Nikki Bella vs. The Miz and Maryse
Want: Miz and Maryse (cause they deserve something, damn it!)
Probably: Cena and Nikki (Super Cena and Wonder Nikki losing a midcard feud @ Mania? LOLOLOLOLOL)

12.) Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Baron Corbin
Want: Corbin
Probably: Ambrose

13.) Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson (c) vs. Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. Cesaro and Sheamus
Want: Enzo and Cass
Probably: Enzo and Cass

NXT Takeover Bonus Round:

1.) Bobby Roode (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
Want: Bobby
Probably: Bobby

2.) Asuka (c) vs. Ember Moon
Want: Asuka (Long may she reign)
Probably: Ember Moon

3.) The Authors of Pain (Akam and Rezar) (c) (with Paul Ellering) vs. #DIY (Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa) vs. The Revival (Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder)
Want: #DIY
Probably: AoP

4.) Aleister Black vs. Andrade Almas
Want: don't really care
Probably: Aleister Black

5.) Tye Dillinger, Roderick Strong, No Way Jose, and Ruby Riot vs. SAnitY (Eric Young, Killian Dain, Alexander Wolfe, and Nikki Cross)
Want: Team Tye
Probably: SAnitY

Well, I'm only there for Takeover and Mania, and I don't know if anyone else is going.

You going to Takeover?
Wasn't planning to, but I had plans on Saturday that fell through, so I may grab a secondary market ticket.

If I were to meet up with you guys, I would deep arm drag Kaladin all over the place.
If I know what you mean...

I'd probably buy a CAN I GET A HUG? shirt to wear to a WrassleGAF meetup just to FREAK YOU GUYS OUT.
If I know what you mean...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh Tommy End is finally on nxt? and he's on the Takeover card? yay

Syder

I hate seeing people hate on people like Roman and Miz for wrestling a basic, safe style but then defending Ambrose wrestling a basic, safe style by trying to justify it as him trying to prolong his career which makes it very okay.
Roman and Miz have had better 2016/17s than Ambrose.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Roman isn't that safe or basic in his PPV matches either and when he wrestles on RAW they're either handicap matches or glorified squashes.

Miz I'll give you but frankly it doesn't matter; his story gets across in the ring better than most because of his excellent ability to sustain heat. You might be thinking of the Miz from around four years ago who was trapped in the deepest of mid card fever dreams endlessly repeating the same boring matches with the same people.

Anth0ny

miz is fucking ric flair compared to roman reigns, both in ring and on mic

roman knows how to put on a 3.5* match like a robot, but I'd rather watch a 3* miz match because I actually care about the character and he at least tries to tell a story in the match.

Crusixify me

C8LmpI2W4AEf4BV.jpg

What do you people think about Gorillaz?

Favorite band, the stuff from Humanz so far is already better than the entirety of Plastic Beach.

klonere

Banned
Roman Reigns is a great wrestler with fantastic bumping ability, athleticism, cool looking offence (in the era of the Young Bucks, spamming one move is totally fine imo), great facial expressions, nice looking strikes and is willing to get fucking stiff if the match calls for it. In any other promotion he'd be universally recognized as a world class performer, he's weighed down by his booking and position in the WWE.

#AhYessir

Heroman

Banned
miz is fucking ric flair compared to roman reigns, both in ring and on mic

roman knows how to put on a 3.5* match like a robot, but I'd rather watch a 3* miz match because I actually care about the character and he at least tries to tell a story in the match.

Dude, Roman is a much better than the miz.

cordy

Banned
Why do you all think Ambrose is winning?

It's pretty obvious Ambrose will have the upper hand and then Corbin will cheat to win the title because Ambrose wasn't taking him seriously. Same thing Styles did and that falls in line with their Talking Smack interview.

Zach

I wonder if there will be surprises in the Andre Tussle. Wasn't Tatanka in that last year? Or was that the Rumble? Or am I thinking of a different thing completely? >_>

cordy

Banned
Let's look at the SDL stars who helped carry the brand on their backs since the brand split shall we?

Ambrose - Former WWE Champion who's worked the most dates the past 2 years, Ambrose is now in a midcard feud that's so low on the card it didn't even have a proper build on the last SDL before WM
StyLes - Former WWE Champion who's the best wrestler in the world, Styles is in SDL's most highlighted feud which is against Shane McMahon, yes, that Shane McMahon
Becky Lynch - Former Women's Champion who's now a contender in the "every SDL woman can compete" match which goes on during the preshow

Hell...

Heath SLater -
Former tag champion who's in the ATGMBR which is on the preshow

SDL

Tall4Life

I wonder if there will be surprises in the Andre Tussle. Wasn't Tatanka in that last year? Or was that the Rumble? Or am I thinking of a different thing completely? >_>

Tatanka was in the ARMBAR

More betting odds spoilers for you

Dean ain't winning

""""""""""""""""""""Betting odds"""""""""""""""""""""" had Taker beating Brock at Mania 30 until half an hour before the match

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They've been building Corbin and Ambrose for months.

In fact I was looking over the card and trying to figure out the origin of most of these feuds and the only one with no real time (though some decent effort) is AJ and Shane.

Let's look at the SDL stars who helped carry the brand on their backs since the brand split shall we?

Ambrose - Former WWE Champion who's worked the most dates the past 2 years, Ambrose is now in a midcard feud that's so low on the card it didn't even have a proper build on the last SDL before WM
StyLes - Former WWE Champion who's the best wrestler in the world, Styles is in SDL's most highlighted feud which is against Shane McMahon, yes, that Shane McMahon
Becky Lynch - Former Women's Champion who's now a contender in the "every SDL woman can compete" match which goes on during the preshow

Hell...

Heath SLater -
Former tag champion who's in the ATGMBR which is on the preshow

SDL
This shit is kind of funny. L.

So I bit on Floslam for this month...

Not gonna bite on ROH or Progress though can't justify the individual ppv price point anymore

I mean you can get PROGRESS and SHIMMER combined for the $30 ROH costs, but i get you fam.

PROGRESS will show up Demand Progress at some point, so you can get to it later.

Personally, I've bought the SHIMMER and PROGRESS shows, my WWE Network expires on Tuesday, and I'm grabbing FloSlam tomorrow. Should be a good weekend. I'll catch the Wrestlecon stuff on Highspots maybe next month.

They've been building Corbin and Ambrose for months.

In fact I was looking over the card and trying to figure out the origin of most of these feuds and the only one with no real time (though some decent effort) is AJ and Shane.

And even that traces back to post Rumble...

Top Bottom