• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

Kaladin

Fav 5 Books

Bram Stoker - Dracula
Frank Herbert - Dune
Stephen King - The Stand
Dan Simmons - Hyperion
J.K. Rowling - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Also, there are book series that I love where I could never pick one out to be on that list because the series as a whole is amazing to me.

miserable

Where is that NEEERRRD gif again...

tumblr_okmg6sychq1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

Bram Stoker - Dracula
Frank Herbert - Dune
Stephen King - The Stand
Dan Simmons - Hyperion
J.K. Rowling - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Also, there are book series that I love where I could never pick one out to be on that list because the series as a whole is amazing to me.

I could do Fav 5 Authors, books there's just way too many of to narrow down. Either way I know King would be in the top

Sephzilla

I read comic books and wait for the popular books to get turned into movies.

I honestly blame high school for my general displeasure of books.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Rowling booking Ginny to be Harry's new valet after the Harry/Cho gimmick was dropped was an absolute disaster. You spend 2 books building up all this heat for Luna only to give the pay-off to a midcarder that you already did the #1 Fan story with. Just a bad call all around.

Kaladin

I could do Fav 5 Authors, books there's just way too many of to narrow down. Either way I know King would be in the top

As far as authors go, it's a tie between Stephen King and my favorite fantasy author Brandon Sanderson. Sanderson writes series that I love and has no real standalone book that would go in my fav list, but Stephen King writes books that I love and depending on the time of day I could swap out The Stand with another.

Sephzilla

*Shrug* When you're constantly forced to read books you have little to no care for it has a habit of turning you off to them in general.

jmdajr

I like books but by the time I want to read it puts me to sleep. Heck, when I read my kid's children books I start yawning uncontrollably. It's mostly do stuff like autobiographies, but I do like books, just wish I could stay woke.

I do read a ton of articles though. Go to digg, see what's interesting to read, and do so.

I just read a whole article about how 2/3's of all cancer are pretty much due to chance. It's not that simple though as each particular cancer is different. So while lung cancer is like 70 percent environmental, prostate cancer is 90% chance. No matter how much fucking broccoli you eat while exercising, your prostate has a high chance to get fucked up. Hereditary risk are actual very low for all cancers. I was surprised.

Kaladin

*Shrug* When you're constantly forced to read books you have little to no care for it has a habit of turning you off to them in general.

That's why I'm not a fan of forcing the heavy classics on high school students. Some people pick it up and love it, sure, but others are turned away when they feel like reading is a chore.

Zach

That's why I'm not a fan of forcing the heavy classics on high school students. Some people pick it up and love it, sure, but others are turned away when they feel like reading is a chore.

Like that time I had to read The Great Gatsby in school. Just kill me already, I said.

Sephzilla

Yeah, reading turned into a chore especially when it was for a story I have little to no investment in. At that age you've already developed a basic level of taste for what types of stories and characters entertain you and trigger your brain, so forcing some classics on people can really have a negative effect.

OH, REALLY, MAN WHO OPERATES A FAUX FAUX SPORTS LEAGUE???

I MAKE TIME FOR GWF BECAUSE I LOVE THIS BUSINESS

jmdajr

I remember for class we would take turns reading portions in our text books. Now I know it's because my teachers were too lazy to make a lesson plan.

How can you learn when you are fucking bored to death.

Sephzilla

Like that time I had to read The Great Gatsby in school. Just kill me already, I said.

For me it was a one-two punch of Lord of the Flies and To Kill a Mockingbird. Lord of the Flies wasn't long but it was like "ok we get it kids can be little shits, stop beating it over our heads". Mockingbird was a decent story but I just didn't give a single shit about it because it didn't fit any level of what I consider engaging or entertaining.

Mahonay

Banned
Doing some early prep for a WrestleMania preview...if the Smackdown Tag Championship makes it on the card, there will be 14 matches. Jesus fuck.

Zach

For me it was a one-two punch of Lord of the Flies and To Kill a Mockingbird. Lord of the Flies wasn't long but it was like "ok we get it kids can be little shits, stop beating it over our heads". Mockingbird was a decent story but I just didn't give a single shit about it because it didn't fit any level of what I consider engaging or entertaining.

But I liked Lord of the Flies and To Kill a Mockingbird!

(Actually, I've never read TKAM, only seen the movie. >_>)

Zach

I could've gone to a Neil Gaiman lecture not long ago but I was like naaaaaah.

(I've read one of those Sandman graphical nerd booklets, though, and it was interesting.)

379ch.gif

Neil Gaiman's Batman book is better than Alan Moore's take and most of Frank Miller's Batman stories. And that's a shoot.

imBask

Banned
A movie ticket cost more than the phone case Emma stole, so Reigns should be suspended and off TV for longer than she did

Top Bottom