• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

Trying to figure that spot out...
tumblr_okl74xeO3v1r0x0jro1_400.gif

It's Ospreay.... that's the answer

Recall

Watching the commercial release of NJPW Battle Formation 1997, Tokyo Dome show and it has a Chris Benoit vs Kevin Sullivan match on it. It's clipped to just show the finish which features Jaqueline diving off the top rope and hitting Sullivan before Benoit gets the 3.

It's about 90 seconds shown of the match as NJPW had no desire to showcase WCW bullshit booking but I don't know why they would let them do that finish in the first place. The crowd audibly groaned too.

That anime shook me. Never read anything.
I'd definitely recommend giving it a read, apart from it being excellent the anime glosses over quite a few bits from the manga. The first episode in the anime is like eight chapters of the manga, and it completely skips over what I personally think is one of the more interesting villains from the series.

Syder

I'd definitely recommend giving it a read, apart from it being excellent the anime glosses over quite a few bits from the manga. The first episode in the anime is like eight chapters of the manga, and it completely skips over what I personally think is one of the more interesting villains from the series.
I think the reason for that is the disparity in tone between pre-Eclipse life and post is quite sizeable and in a single season arc it's easier just to focus on the story of the Hawks. I mean, it worked as way of getting the manga over.

Recall

So after a 12 minute hype package we are now on to possibly the biggest match on the card, no not Inoki vs Tiger King but Ogawa vs Hashimoto in a "different style shoot match".

Inoki is at ringside and looks very concerned.

I think the reason for that is the disparity in tone between pre-Eclipse life and post is quite sizeable and in a single season arc it's easier just to focus on the story of the Hawks. I mean, it worked as way of getting the manga over.
Yeah I understand why, it's just the Black Swordsman Arc is so good I'd recommend giving it a read anyhow. Besides the anime skips some Golden Age stuff too.

Fave 5 Authors?

Stephen King
Brandon Sanderson
Neil Gaiman
C.S. Lewis
J.R.R. Tolkien

China Mieville
Haruki Murakami
Herman Hesse
David Foster Wallace

I cant decide on a 5th. I went through a massive Mieville binge last year. I absolutely love his books and worldbuilding.

Probably gonna go watch like 3 movies on Sat. No time for this fake ass shit.

Fav 5 author
1. OwensIsNow
2. OwensIsNow
3. OwensIsNow
4. OwensIsNow
5. OwensIsNow

Recall

Hashimoto lost to a Space Tornado Ogawa followed up by a rear naked choke.

The ref got his shirt ripped somehow in the ruckus of the finish and Hashimoto's face is a right mess but I'm not quite sure how or when everyone got roughed up as it was quite timid overall.

Ogawa is bad so seeing how this feud killed Hashimoto's NJPW career is sad.

ICW Barramania card as it stands:

ICW Barramania III
The Barrowlands Ballroom, Glasgow
Sunday, 16th of April 2017

ICW World Heavyweight Championship
Trent Seven (c) vs Joe Coffey

Drew Galloway vs Jack Jester

Wolfgang vs Grado

Barras Street Fight
Sha Samuels vs Kid Fite

Joe Hendry vs Lionheart

ICW Tag Team Championship
Bird & Boar (c) vs Rampage Brown & Ashton Smith

ICW Zero G Championship Scramble
Kenny Williams (c) , open invitational

Last Man Standing
Chris Renfrew vs Stevie Boy

Polo Promotions vs War Machine

DCT & Viper vs Davey Blaze & Kay Lee Ray (w/ the Wee Man)

A lot of long term stories going into this. Curious as to who the mystery competitors will be in the Zero G match, Kenny's recent gimmick is that every title defence is against a mystery opponent. BT Gunn will probably have a match announced for it too, since I don't see him being part of the Zero G match, although he could make an appearance in the Last Man Standing match between Renfrew and Stevie.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I went to the nearest theater to me to see Logan and it was a $5 ticket from their Tuesday all day matinee pricing, the gas to drive there and back was probably more, also got a regrettably large popcorn and drink for $7. Roman is a millionaire, don't think it'd break him but The Rock probably actually gave him a screener or some shit.

God... People get the dumbest tattoos... If I was in the position of hiring someone and saw they had a Jack Swagger tattoo I'd hire them only to do the most menial of tasks because clearly there's not only something wrong with them psychologically but they have very low standards along with it. I could probably get away with charging them to work for me.

I could've sworn I saw something a while back where she regretted pairing them up or maybe it was Hermione and Ronald. I don't know I never read the books and saw the movies like once.

And at least in Emma's case it was likely accidental.

The Rock probably didn't give him shit. He isn't related to him in real life. He's related to him in WWE Kayfabe.

ICW Barramania card as it stands:

A lot of long term stories going into this. Curious as to who the mystery competitors will be in the Zero G match, Kenny's recent gimmick is that every title defence is against a mystery opponent. BT Gunn will probably have a match announced for it too, since I don't see him being part of the Zero G match, although he could make an appearance in the Last Man Standing match between Renfrew and Stevie.

Like the sound of Polo Promotions vs War Machine, Bird & Boar vs Rampage & Ashton as well. Trent vs Coffey should be great as well, but that kinda goes without saying. Probably gonna check this out. Still hate Lionheart though, what an absolute fanny haha.

Like the sound of Polo Promotions vs War Machine, Bird & Boar vs Rampage & Ashton as well. Trent vs Coffey should be great as well, but that kinda goes without saying. Probably gonna check this out. Still hate Lionheart though, what an absolute fanny haha.

Bird & Boar have really been impressing me the past few months, glad to see them getting a push. Also, Boar's a lovely chap as well.

The Zero G title match has I think 5 competitors who can appear, I'm guessing that Gibson and Girvan are lock ins, and one of them will win the title. Girvan and Coffey are definitely booked as the champs in waiting, so for them its a case of when rather than if, but I could see a swerve to give Gibson a run.

Renfrew and Stevie will be a bloodbath though. Stevie's another guy I'm expecting to get a major push soon.

Bronx-Man

Banned
WrestleMania 33 |OT| You Must Be This Old to Ride
WrestleMania 33 |OT| Grab Some Barf-Bags for This Ride
WrestleMania 33 |OT| Same As It Ever Was (Once in a Lifetime!)
WrestleMania 33 |OT| The Ultimate Thrill-Ride: End of the Line
WrestleMania 33 |OT| The Road to Lethal Leap Year

Why WWE buying ROH is bad

C7lSJ8mVUAIV8tS.jpg
Goddamn bourgeoisie pigs!

Top Bottom