• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

Sephzilla

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT

A7EtD92.png

GWF 2: Sweet
Date: Friday, March 24, 2017
Time: 8:00PM Eastern/7:00PM Central (1:00 AM GMT)
Where: Live from the Z-Pak Zone on www.twitch.tv/sephzilla

u8ab6rk.png

After crowning our first ever GWF World Champion at GWF1, the rest of the GWF world begins to take shape as GWF2 presents not one but two elimination style contests in order to crown our first ever GWF Tag Team and GWF B+ Champions!

Note 1: All Tag Team matches are done in Elimination Tornado Tag Team format
Note 2: Kornflayx vs Syder rematch is already booked for GWF3, regardless of whether or not Syder wins the B+ Championship.
Note 3: If you aren't on this card, don't worry. It doesn't mean I've forgotten you.

Match Card:

GWF Tag Team Championship Tournament Round 1 Match
RBH & DMczaf (Team WCW) vs Bronx-Man & Ithil (The Just Friends)

The Savior of the WCW and the GWF's Certified Shooter unite for a shot at the GWF Tag Team Championship. Can they stop the Just Friends duo of Bronx-Man and Ithil, who are riding momentum from their dominating win over the New Japan Express at GWF 1? Will GeorgiaDome.gif shine proudly?

GWF B+ Championship Round 1 TLC Match
Caderfix vs The Strokes vs Kaladin vs korly vs Syder vs Anth0ny

Multiple strong up and comers of GWF fight to advance to the GWF B+ Championship match. Syder and Korly have momentum coming in from GWF1 and the other entrants are hungry to for gold after coming up short in the GWF Championship Rumble.

GWF Tag Team Championship Round 1 Match
Browny & Menome (The Brenemies) vs Biggest-Geek-Ever & Zach (The Huggers of Destruction)

Two men who may or may not have an inner distane for each other taking on a team that is fueled by #HugLyfe. Who will move on to the GWF Tag Team Championship match? The crowd is wondering if we'll see Biggest-Geek-Ever pull out another jaw dropping Phenom Splash

GWF Championship #1 Contender Match - Winner faces Beefy at GWF3
FallingEdge vs Tall4Life

After his shocking debut in the GWF Championship Royal Rumble, FallingEdge put on a dominant display eliminating multiple superstars and making a name for himself in the World Title division. This performance has put him on the path towards the GWF Championship. Standing in his way is Tall4Life, the man who once again crushed the dreams of Atlanta Falcon's fans at GWF1 and is hoping he can Superbowl Punch his way to Beefy at GWF3.

GWF B+ Championship Round 1 TLC Match
imbask vs sf2fanatic vs BronsonLee vs Serpentine vs BewareTheBatsie vs OwensIsNow

Who will move on to fight for the GWF B+ Championship? Will it be BronsonLee, the man that growth spurts forgot? Will we be chanting URAH URAH OWENSISNOW? Or will everyone just give up to BewareTheBatsie?

GWF Tag Team Championship Match
Winner of Team WCW/Just Friends vs Winner of Brenemies/Huggers of Destruction

GWF B+ Championship Match
Ladder Match 1 Winner vs Ladder Match 2 Winner

It's easy to LOL TNA, but this is a big deal - bear in mind that one of the prerequisites for World of Sport is that it's family friendly, this won't be TNA 2.0, they just needed someone with wrestling experience to run the wrestling side of things.

Also, I guess this means WWE's going to go in hard on the UK scene - expecting co-opted promotions to show up on the Network in the next few months, and a UK-based WWE show at some point down the line, plus undoubtedly more talent acquisitions.

I only really care about Progress, but do you think Jim would "sell out" the promotion? I can never tell if he is anti-corporate shit or just a goof who loves wrestling

Rimfya

Banned
I keep letting myself think maybe there'll be a swerve coming at WM and they'll carve out some time in that 7 hours "for the fans" but then I remember thinking the same thing going into RR and that was a big barrel of same-old-same-old.

Mahonay

Banned
I keep letting myself think maybe there'll be a swerve coming at WM and they'll carve out some time in that 7 hours "for the fans" (Nakamura or Balor swapping in for Shane being the obvious one) but then I remember thinking the same thing going into RR and that was a big barrel of same-old-same-old.
Lol not a fucking chance. Getting your hopes up is a huge mistake. Always go in with low expectations, WWE is more enjoyable that way.

Foggy

I only really care about Progress, but do you think Jim would "sell out" the promotion? I can never tell if he is anti-corporate shit or just a goof who loves wrestling

Funny thing happens when your business infrastructure adjusts due to an influx of money from a partnership. You grow and you adjust operations. Then when the money is gone or threatens to leave, you realize just how difficult it is to shrink and that's when it gets very hard to do business "the way it used to be".

It's why the partnership with WWE is prudent if your end goal is to cash out and sell the company. If you have aspirations of independent growth, then this is a short term bandaid leading to a longterm headache that could very well be catastrophic.

So I beat Breath of the Wild last night. All shrines, 130 hours and went off to Hyrule castle to defeat Ganon. One of the best gaming experiences of my 35 years of gaming.

Going to give it a week break before returning and going for a run to defeat Ganon as soon as a new game starts. Goal is to do it under 4 hours (it can be done in under two).

Kyle O'Reilly's matches for Evolve:
April 22 in Queens: vs. Keith Lee
April 23 in Brooklyn: vs. Fred Yehi
May 20 in Chicago: vs. Matt Riddle
May 21 in Livonia, Michigan: vs. TBA

Sephzilla

Off topic but that Powers Rangers Twitch marathon did a solid job of reminding me how a lot of the older theme songs were better. Some of the newer ones are OK but feel like they were made in like 15 minutes. Meanwhile, that Power Rangers Zeo theme grew on me a ton...

KKe6Vtw.gif

Zach

Sephzilla: dudes, I've been so busy lately. Man, it's crazy... now about the Power Rangers marathon I've been watching...

Sephzilla: dudes, I've been so busy lately. Man, it's crazy... now about the Power Rangers marathon I've been watching...

and you know damn well dude was googling whether the pink and green ranger from original series were in a irl relationship at the time.

Seph is the kid in the Power Rangers Movie. Dude wants to spend his time high fiving Tommy but Tommy is only looking to roll up Kim.

Recall

I hate daylight savings. I know it's good for the planet but still.

All themes are great. At least up until Ninja Storm, I didn't watch anything past that... I want to catch up though.

SPD theme is insanely good. Super catchy stuck in your head good.

Funny thing happens when your business infrastructure adjusts due to an influx of money from a partnership. You grow and you adjust operations. Then when the money is gone or threatens to leave, you realize just how difficult it is to shrink and that's when it gets very hard to do business "the way it used to be".

It's why the partnership with WWE is prudent if your end goal is to cash out and sell the company. If you have aspirations of independent growth, then this is a short term bandaid leading to a longterm headache that could very well be catastrophic.

Good point

Zach

I will address this once and for all: I am not and have never been racist. I have been around it, and find it disgusting. I do apologize if some of the terms I use come across as that....I am not always up on what will come across as offensive and that is my fault. I do not intentionally say anything or do anything to offend anyone, I never have. It's not who I am.

I tried to steer the conversation from the last thread away from that, but some people want it to be addressed, so here it is. I will attempt to be more sensitive to these matters in the future.

I just remembered to look up your official statement, Kaladin. I appreciate your response. Keep striving to be better.

(As we all should.)

I tapped out of the marathon after "Forever Red." I got what I needed out of it with In Space, Lost Galaxy, and Lightspeed Rescue.

TRILLIONS DEAD.

Carter is a fuckihg real ass shooter.

Vince should have signed Leo to be the next Hogan, brother.

Kurita

Japanese Netflix has almost every Super Sentai series, I might rewatch Gokaiger.... for one specific reason...

PAWltve.gif

Gokai Yellow the GOAT

Sephzilla

I'd really like to give the original Super Sentai stuff a try but I doubt we'll ever see a proper American release of them because of Saban

Kurita

It's amazing how saban fucked it up. One of the best red rangers

Does japan Netflix also have Kamen Rider?

Yup. Ultraman too.

I'd really like to give the original Super Sentai stuff a try but I doubt we'll ever see a proper American release of them because of Saban

Yeah unfortunately there's no legal way to watch them as far as I know.
In France we got a couple of old Super Sentai that got recently re-released on DVD though, because it actually aired on TV here back in the day, before Power Rangers was a thing.

Top Bottom