• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

I mean say what you want, but TNA is now getting paid to make 2 shows for 2 UK channels. That's probably the new India deal that keeps them afloat.

MANCHESTER | NASHVILLE – ITV Studios Entertainment Manchester announced today that it has teamed up with IMPACT Wrestling, a subsidiary of Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp., to bring WOS Wrestling back to ITV, with an initial commission for a 10-part series.

The commission from ITV’s Helen Warner follows a successful one-off-special, which aired on New Year’s Eve 2016. The Executive Producers for ITV Studios are Tom McLennan and Simon Marsh. Jeff Jarrett, the Chief Creative Officer for IMPACT Wrestling, will be the Executive Producer for IMPACT Wrestling.

Thirty years after the original WOS ended – and legendary stars such as Big Daddy, Mick McManus and Rollerball Rocco left British screens – this new series will feature the very best of today’s wrestlers from the current red-hot U.K. wrestling scene.

They will compete in front of a live audience at the intimate Preston Guild Hall on Thursday 25th May and Friday 26th May (doors 7pm / bell time 7.30pm).

Tickets for these historic shows will go on sale at 9am on Friday 7th April from Gigsandtours.com / Ticketmaster.co.uk / prestonguildhall.co.uk

There will also be a launch event this Monday (27th March) at 2pm in Manchester, where the full details of the WOS live shows will be announced, including the roster. Press and fans are invited to attend to the launch, which will include a Q&A and meet & greet. Places are extremely limited, to reserve one please email wswaudience@itv.com

This initial commission is part of a comprehensive co-production agreement between ITV Studios and IMPACT Wrestling to relaunch the WOS Wrestling brand, bringing British stars to ITV while leveraging the roster and creative team of Impact Wrestling along with its expertise in live event production and international distribution.

“This opportunity to work with ITV Studios to revive this iconic brand in the United Kingdom is a perfect example of the ways in which we intend to leverage our strengths to build our presence in international markets in collaboration with local organizations,” said Ed Nordholm, President of Impact Wrestling.

Director of Entertainment, ITV Studios Manchester, Tom Mclennan said: “Britain’s wrestling scene is thriving and there has never been a better time to bring it back to ITV after a gap of 30 years.”

Jeff Jarrett, Chief Creative Officer for IMPACT Wrestling, added: “The WOS brand is etched in professional wrestling tradition. My family’s lineage in the industry dates back 70-plus years, so I am honoured for the opportunity to work on reviving the legacy of this historic British series.”

DKehoe

If Double J really put his mind to it he could carny his way into running Titan Sports ahead of HHH after Vince leaves.

I think Vince has a special dislike for Jeff that would make this pretty unlikely. Although Jeff's dad was lined up to be the one to run WWF if Vince had gone to jail during the steroid trial in the mid 90s.

I think Vince has a special dislike for Jeff that would make this pretty unlikely. Although Jeff's dad was lined up to be the one to run WWF if Vince had gone to jail during the steroid trial in the mid 90s.

Pretty sure Vince and Jerry Jarrett still get along OK.

I think I even remember reports of Jerry visiting WWE HQ a few years ago for some reason.

Jeff Jarrett on the other hand. Dude probably doesnt have the draw to be worth reconciling with. If he was a big name they could make money from, sure. Or maybe something they could kinda relate to current programming like Medusa in the HOF right as they where pushing the "divas revolution" then sure. But its Jeff Jarrett.

Recall

I have two more Paladins (free to play Overwatch style 5v5 game) codes for PS4. Would anyone from here be interested in a code to join in on the fun?

It's easy to LOL TNA, but this is a big deal - bear in mind that one of the prerequisites for World of Sport is that it's family friendly, this won't be TNA 2.0, they just needed someone with wrestling experience to run the wrestling side of things.

Also, I guess this means WWE's going to go in hard on the UK scene - expecting co-opted promotions to show up on the Network in the next few months, and a UK-based WWE show at some point down the line, plus undoubtedly more talent acquisitions.

klonere

Banned
Pretty sure this will last one full season before being cancelled with most of the talent being scooped up for WWE UK afterwards.

Vince's monopoly is easy to achieve when the creative vision on the other side of it is being lead by JEFF JARRETT IN 2017.

kCEDTpd.jpg

What an honest to god great man. To be that open about something so prviate... he does a lot to destigmatize mental illness..

The reports are that he's suffering from a serious bout of depression...

But that he's doing ok and is resting....

Hope he can make it back for Mania... and most importantly I hope the WWE stands by him.

You know JBL is whispering in Vince's ear about how big a pussy Mauro is because he has mental health issues. Real men suppress and self medicate until they're dead, damn it!

Menome

Bram Stoker - Dracula
Frank Herbert - Dune
Stephen King - The Stand
Dan Simmons - Hyperion
J.K. Rowling - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

I just finished The Stand last week. Been reading Stephen King since I was in high school, but had somehow never gotten around to it. Good stuff, though the last quarter of the book did feel a bit rushed in getting the plot rounded up.

For me, fave five are:

The Neverending Story by Michael Ende
The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
IT by Stephen King
The Princess Bride by William Goldman
Coraline by Neil Gaiman

klonere

Banned
Riddle shooting on Goldberg again:
https://t.co/gzJadH44J4

Not sure what he's trying to do with this but it makes me smile at least.

Goldberg is a human potato. Riddle is #aethestic

You know JBL is whispering in Vince's ear about how big a pussy Mauro is because he has mental health issues. Real men suppress and self medicate until they're dead, damn it!

Makes Tazz outburst on his absence from SD look really fucking bad.

Old carnies die hard I guess.

Zach

Oh, hey, Menome and Browny just arrived at the arena for GWF 2 and OH MY GOD

WHAT A BRUTAL ASSAULT IN THE PARKING LOT!! WILL MENOME STILL BE ABLE TO COMPETE OR WILL #BRENEMIES HAVE TO FORFEIT THEIR CHAMPIONSHIP OPPORTUNITY LATER TONIGHT??

klonere

Banned
Fav 5 Books

Oh we doing this?

Les Miserable - Victor Hugo
The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich - William L. Shirer
Neuromancer- William Gibson
Vernon God Little - DBC Pierre
Monty: His Part in My Victory - Spike Milligan (although any of his war memoirs wpuld do)

klonere

Banned
I just finished The Stand last week. Been reading Stephen King since I was in high school, but had somehow never gotten around to it. Good stuff, though the last quarter of the book did feel a bit rushed in getting the plot rounded up.

For me, fave five are:

The Neverending Story by Michael Ende
The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
IT by Stephen King
The Princess Bride by William Goldman
Coraline by Neil Gaiman

I really fell off The Stand once it went from being a pandemic thriller to overblown Bible allegory. Always tried to pick it back up but never got closer than half way through.

If Chyna is right on the money in her autobiography then Vince has every reason to

Wikipedia said:
Jarrett's contract expired on October 16, 1999, one day before his scheduled match with Chyna at No Mercy. Jarrett wrestled at No Mercy nonetheless, losing the Intercontinental Championship to Chyna. Chyna later alleged that Jarrett and Russo had colluded in order to delay Jarrett's title defense until after Jarrett's contract had expired, and that Jarrett had subsequently extorted WWF Chairman Vince McMahon for $300,000 in order to wrestle without a contract.

WHAT A BRUTAL ASSAULT IN THE PARKING LOT!! WILL MENOME STILL BE ABLE TO COMPETE OR WILL #BRENEMIES HAVE TO FORFEIT THEIR CHAMPIONSHIP OPPORTUNITY LATER TONIGHT??

Zbysko's shirt was violent enough, the door slam seemed surplus to requirements.

Browny

Banned

If that makes you Larry, then:

Eric+Bischoff+kicks+Larry+Zbyszko.gif

klonere

Banned
Oh dear I have an interview for what looks like a dream job.

Usually I am calm and collected before interviews but holy shit I want this so bad and I am bricking it.

Wish me luck Wrestling NeoGAF.

Usually I am calm and collected before interviews but holy shit I want this so bad and I am bricking it.

Do some lines of cocaine Klonere. Your prospective employer will be impressed by your confidence.
This is a joke please don't do this.

Hulk-Hogan-Swim-Flex-hulk-hogan-gifs.gif

Caderfix

Good luck and don't forget to use your finest HHH shirt. #Best4Business

klonere over?

DAMN RIGHT KLONERE IS GOING OVER!

And cut a promo:
"I heard you were looking for the best candidate for this position. And that man:
rhao6.gif
"

klonere

Banned
Wow what a great crowd here in [INSERT TOWN HERE], you guys rock just like [INSERT LOCAL SPORTS TEAM HERE]. i was talking with [LOCAL CELEBRITY] and he said you guys are the reason he achieved HIS dreams and you can be damn sure you'll be the reason I achieve mine too!

If that makes you Larry, then:

Eric+Bischoff+kicks+Larry+Zbyszko.gif

You are the first person ever to willingly make yourself analogous to Bischoff.

Wow what a great crowd here in [INSERT TOWN HERE], you guys rock just like [INSERT LOCAL SPORTS TEAM HERE]. i was talking with [LOCAL CELEBRITY] and he said you guys are the reason he achieved HIS dreams and you can be damn sure you'll be the reason I achieve mine too!

And then refuse to leave because you're the World Warrior and make them carry you out.

tmIhK.jpg

That was debunked, somehow that shit got made up but Vince would've had his brain trust running the company.

Top Bottom