• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

orioto

Good Art™
The montreal house show kinda experimented (i know it does't count) with an Owens face turn lol.

"Main event: Sami Zayn vs, Kevin Owens in a Montreal Street Fight. Very loud ovation for both. They have wrestled each other countless times in Montreal, but this is their first main event in the Bell Center. They go back and forth for a while with a kendo stick. Sami then bring out a hockey stick to a big pop. Crowd chants “We want tables”. Owens asks that they say it in French. Crowd chants “on veut des tables”. Owens says he doesn’t speak French. Great stuff. Match ends with Sami powerbombing Owens through a table and 3 Helluva kicks.

As Owens is leaving, Sami gets on the mic and talks about their history. He says he doesn’t like Kevin Owens but respects him and puts over the fact that he was Universal champ for the last 9 months and that he is proud that a Quebecois represented the company. The crowd gives Owens a huge ovation and Owens looks like he is legitimately crying. He grabs the mic says the Quebecois equivalent of “F***, i hate you!” and walks off. Sami says “That’s what i figured!”. He then finishes by saying that he’s not sure what he’s doing at Wrestlemania, but tonight was his Wrestlemania."

But that's just Montreal i guess.

RBH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOIQ-UEwwo8

hey-arnold-headphones-o.gif

kiguel182

I feel like watching Mania 23. It was like my second Mania and I'm feeling nostalgic for some reason.

With that said, I'm subbing to the Network for this month. I have no hype for Mania but I might want to indulge in the weekend of Wrestling because why not?

I think all of this is worth the 9.99. Watching old PPVs as background noise seems nice.

EDIT: I kinda regret this because of the Trump connections. I feel I'll have enough enjoyment for 10 bucks.

Mahonay

Banned
I feel like watching Mania 23. It was like my second Mania and I'm feeling nostalgic for some reason.

With that said, I'm subbing to the Network for this month. I have no hype for Mania but I might want to indulge in the weekend of Wrestling because why not?

I think all of this is worth the 9.99. Watching old PPVs as background noise seems nice.

EDIT: I kinda regret this because of the Trump connections. I feel I'll have enough enjoyment for 10 bucks.
There's Takeover to watch as well.

And yeah, I've accepted I'm pretty much tainting my soul by supporting WWE.

kiguel182

There's Takeover to watch as well.

And yeah, I've accepted I'm pretty much tainting my soul by supporting WWE.

Takeover I'm excited for! I'm still decided if I'm watching it life since I'm in EU but we'll see.

Yeah, the product being underwhelming is something I can live with since I still enjoy it but the Trump thing stings.

Hasney

Takeovers card doesn't look amazing in terms of stories and NXT has been lacking in that front, but unlike main roster, the match quality usually makes up for it. I was pleasantly surprised by Roode/Nak considering the calibre of Naks opponents and the matches end up only being 'good', but I think Roode is underrated as an old school heel after their last encounter.

I hope the triple threat tag match works like Seth/Cena/Lessnar where they find a way to neutralise AOP for a large portion of the match and have them come back later for some power spots.

King Booker!!! Man, I loved King Booker back in the day.

Also, Money In The Bank should've never left Mania.
PPV's named after a match stipulation are never a good thing. I don't mind a PPV revolving around the concept of a certain match type like HIAC but I would like if the actual PPV just had a proper name for it rather then just calling a PPV with a lot of HIAC matches in it Hell In A Cell.

somedevil

WWE put up a poll for what Wrestlemania match your interested in. The results show 4 matches that have more interest than Brock vs Goldberg:

AJ vs Shane
Roman vs Undertaker
Jericho vs Owens
Bray vs Orton

kiguel182

PPV's named after a match stipulation are never a good thing. I don't mind a PPV revolving around the concept of a certain match type like HIAC but I would like if the actual PPV just had a proper name for it rather then just calling a PPV with a lot of HIAC matches in it Hell In A Cell.

Hell In A Cell has the additional problem of forcing that type of match when it used to be a special attraction.

Money In The Bank works as PPV but I liked the special attraction at Mania.

Also, of everyone on this match Kennedy is clearly the underachiever. Matt Hardy being the overachiever thanks to Broken Matt Hardy.

kiguel182

And Mr.Kennedy wins. Will never cash in right? And never be world champion. Don't do drugs kids.

EDIT: Lol, an ad for The Condemned. It isn't the worst WWE Films at least...

And Mr.Kennedy wins. Will never cash in right? And never be world champion. Don't do drugs kids.

EDIT: Lol, an ad for The Condemned. It isn't the worst WWE Films at least...
I think he got fired cause he Orton called him unsafe. I think Cena and Orton were spooked by his push tho. So they stopped it in his tracks.

Recall

You know everyone's favourite exercise around here is jumping to conclusions.

Sounds like a great idea for a board game, would make retirement from my office job even easier....

....I guess people just want to be surprised rather than disappointed so just naturally expect the worst but I've had my fill of doom and gloom.

kiguel182

First Trump appearance: Boogeyman appears and he asks him for food.

Can't believe this dude is President of the US.

Anyway, Mania has been a bit of a bore so far.

Browny

Banned
I think he got fired cause he Orton called him unsafe. I think Cena and Orton were spooked by his push tho. So they stopped it in his tracks.
Kennedy straight up dropped Orton onto his recently fucked / repaired shoulder on his first match back. Not particularly clever.

kiguel182

Just checked and he lost the briefcase because of an injury. But the injury turned out not be as bad as thought, bad luck.

I take it back. Guy just has terrible luck.

Top Bottom