• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

kiguel182

here is data continuing to be correct about the types bred by gaming subsculture being worse than other media outlets
boogiedoesntgetit_zpsnsongsj6.png

Comparing a women wanting good representation in games to a white supremacist is fucked up. Like, seriously fucked up.

Comparing Anita Sarkeesian to Jontron, because apparently suggesting that video games can be a bit gross towards women sometimes is the same as being a white nationalist.

Video games were a mistake.

Mahonay

Banned
I can't think of anyone I've met in my life that was more full of himself than Eric Andre, including other (and bigger) celebrities that I've met.

Acted like an asshole to the other people there, almost in a way where he was showing off that he could do it. Kept asking everyone in the bar for coke. When I went to go say hi to him he ignored me and hit on the girl I was with. I almost punched him.

DMczaf

here is data continuing to be correct about the types bred by gaming subsculture being worse than other media outlets

Just to emphasize, that dude is defending this man's "opinion"

Destiny: What if whites become the minority but most brown people assimilated to the culture but most brown people assimilated to the culture. Would that be OK?
Jafari: Yeah, but if they assimilated, they would enter the gene pool eventually and just... you know...

I love Eric Andre's show but he seems like an unfunny douche in real life. The humor comes from the editing and his delivery. Any skits that require him to just say funny things generally end up being worse (like later Ranch segments). Watch his interview with Nardwuar where he gets straight up exposed. Out of his element

Decided I'm gonna watch as many Manias as possible before next week, starting with 1, because I haven't actually watched that many of them before. Immediately surprising is that 1 is only a couple of hours long. I'm used to Manias being 2-3 times that, if not more.

Because criticising the portrayal of women in kideo games is equivalent to white nationalism. Christ, Boogie.

DMczaf

Decided I'm gonna watch as many Manias as possible before next week, starting with 1, because I haven't actually watched that many of them before. Immediately surprising is that 1 is only a couple of hours long. I'm used to Manias being 2-3 times that, if not more.

Because criticising the portrayal of women in kideo games is equivalent to white nationalism. Christ, Boogie.

We must preserve the gene pool.

So we can be as perfect as Jontron

maxresdefault.jpg

kiguel182

Saying "every opinion is worth it" when said opinion is white supremacism is the same as supporting it as far as I'm concerned.

But comparing to Anita is somehow even worse and says a lot about the dude. Calling what she says as "extreme views" is ridiculous.

Mahonay

Banned
Saying "every opinion is worth it" when said opinion is white supremacism is the same as supporting it as far as I'm concerned.

But comparing to Anita is somehow even worse and says a lot about the dude. Calling what she says as "extreme views" is ridiculous.
Boogie can get straight fucked.

Speaking of youtube something popped into my head.

Any actual successful / popular wrestling youtube things?

I dont really have any interest it watch any of it. Just that it seems all the wrestling commentary and analysis stuff is either just rips of Wrestling Observer / LAW or some awkward person in their bedroom using a poorly placed webcam.

Mahonay

Banned

I dont really have any interest it watch any of it. Just that it seems all the wrestling commentary and analysis stuff is either just rips of Wrestling Observer / LAW or some awkward person in their bedroom using a poorly placed webcam.
Do you know about OSW Review? They put together amazing video reviews. They started by reviewing all of the Hogan era PPVs, and then moved onto other stuff.

oswreview.com has all of their videos. I think they host most of their stuff on Vimeo.

kiguel182

OSW is awesome. Defenitly recommend that.

Also, battle of the billionaires just ended. Even if we ignore Trump it was just a big mess.

RBH

One of the marquee matches that will take place at WrestleMania 33 will be The Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns. Set up during the Royal Rumble when Reigns eliminated Undertaker, the storyline behind the angle stems from Reigns now claiming the WWE as his yard, without the approval of Undertaker.

Competing in the Royal Rumble was very painful for Undertaker, as he has been dealing with severe hip issues. Unfortunately, it does not look like it is getting any better.
One of the biggest discussions backstage during Raw was the status of The Undertaker post-WrestleMania, as he was walking around in a great deal of pain. It was reported that he was not very happy at the event due to the level of pain he was in. As a result, the discussions increased that this year may indeed be the final WrestleMania for the Dead Man.

Celebrating his 52nd birthday this weekend, there are still matches on the table with people such as Sting and John Cena that would still be a big draw. However, with his reported level of pain, WWE executives are coming to the conclusion that this year will be it for The Undertaker, in order for him to undergo major surgery which will most likely end his in-ring career.
-PWInsider Elite

Mahonay

Banned
I just had a weird realization that both my wrestling fan friends in real life, and here at WrassleGAF, are some of the more purely liberal people I know.

We fucking hate ourselves don't we?
-PWInsider Elite
:( I hope this match with Roman is short.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just had a weird realization that both my wrestling fan friends in real life, and here at WrassleGAF, are some of the more purely liberal people I know.

We fucking hate ourselves don't we?

Wrestling could have been better

we could have supported Ted Turner and not Vince McMahon. You could have prevented this.

kiguel182

If Taker is suffering Roman should just destroy him in 5 minutes saving us from a slow and plotting match where Taker can barely move.

kiguel182

Michaels is using the DX theme. Bah. Doesn't fit at all.

Also, no part timers in the main event. Taker and Michaels might've been veterans but they weren't part timers.

Anyway, this Mania wasn't bad. A bit meh but not bad.

Edit: I knew Boogie was an idiot. But that Anita comment somehow took it even further.

Guys, I'm really stoned. I just posted this here since my friend Pikma requested that I post about it as much as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience.

It'll be a bit more complicated than this obviously but WhatCulture managed to make their promotion on the back of their vids (mostly a mix of lists and booking ideas). Nothing particularly deep but good enough to stick on while travelling or something to watch before going to sleep.

imBask

Banned
I disagree with things JonTron said so here's what i'll do

nothing

I don't watch his stuff and move on with my life instead of spending 50h playing pretend witch-hunter on a message board, trying to track down every human being who didn't denounce him, effectively giving them a nice spotlight

I've watched more JonTron stuff this week than I ever did in my entire life, if I was a racist that agreed with him, i'd thank NeoGAF for helping me discover him

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
hey guys, people promoting a harassment culture doesn't effect me so i'm just not going to do anything about it

boy i've got life figured out

imBask

Banned
hey guys, people promoting a harassment culture doesn't effect me so i'm just not going to do anything about it

boy i've got life figured out

Militantism != witch-hunting on NeoGAF

if you're telling me you're marching for immigrants right later today, man i'll join you in the streets

Top Bottom