• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

The montreal house show kinda experimented (i know it does't count) with an Owens face turn lol.

"Main event: Sami Zayn vs, Kevin Owens in a Montreal Street Fight. Very loud ovation for both. They have wrestled each other countless times in Montreal, but this is their first main event in the Bell Center. They go back and forth for a while with a kendo stick. Sami then bring out a hockey stick to a big pop. Crowd chants “We want tables”. Owens asks that they say it in French. Crowd chants “on veut des tables”. Owens says he doesn’t speak French. Great stuff. Match ends with Sami powerbombing Owens through a table and 3 Helluva kicks.

As Owens is leaving, Sami gets on the mic and talks about their history. He says he doesn’t like Kevin Owens but respects him and puts over the fact that he was Universal champ for the last 9 months and that he is proud that a Quebecois represented the company. The crowd gives Owens a huge ovation and Owens looks like he is legitimately crying. He grabs the mic says the Quebecois equivalent of “F***, i hate you!” and walks off. Sami says “That’s what i figured!”. He then finishes by saying that he’s not sure what he’s doing at Wrestlemania, but tonight was his Wrestlemania."

But that's just Montreal i guess.

Great story and match by sounds of it. Thanks much for sharing.

DMczaf

WWE put up a poll for what Wrestlemania match your interested in. The results show 4 matches that have more interest than Brock vs Goldberg:

AJ vs Shane
Roman vs Undertaker
Jericho vs Owens
Bray vs Orton

After carrying Smackdown for half a year, AJ is bout to put WM on his back doh.

I can see him working his ass off to make it a classic, or die trying. Or reduce his career significantly.

kiguel182

Those 3 matches (Undertaker match excluded) are definitely the reason I'm watching Mania.

No interest on the main-event at all. I also don't care about the match itself between Taker and Reigns but I'm curious how it will end and the reaction.

Zach

First Trump appearance: Boogeyman appears and he asks him for food.

Can't believe this dude is President of the US.

Anyway, Mania has been a bit of a bore so far.
PAMqyx3.jpg

Ever since last Tuesday I'm having the feeling that AJ vs Shane will be way better than it has any right to be.

I have zero doubt whether the two will work their asses off to make it work but it's just a story that need not be told and a wars of AJ's time. Maybe year 3 will be his year. We need Nak and AJ to main a wrestlemania.

Beefy

Shitting on things before they happen.

Fuck you if that is how you are. Rise above unfounded negativity!

Rather have low expectations/ think something is shit and be surprised when it isn't. Then be all hyped and be disappointed.

The WM matches look shit

Beefy

But it makes for a shit environment and atmosphere where everyone is a Debby Downer.

I don't get down over trival stuff like wrestling/films etc. If it's shit I call it shit and move on, if it's good I may watch it again. I have other things to worry about then that stuff.

Kornflayx

AJ vs Shane will be fine. AJ will be stiff as hell and Shane will take ridiculous bumps through 20 tables.

It will be another Shawn vs Vince, with Shane being able to do more than Vince

Zach

I'm not a Debbie Downer! TakeOver and WrestleMania will probably be unevenly entertaining spectaculars kind of worth my time!

Beefy

AJ vs Shane will be fine. AJ will be stiff as hell and Shane will take ridiculous bumps through 20 tables.

It will be another Shawn vs Vince, with Shane being able to do more than Vince

I don't really mind AJ vs Shane that much. For me it's simply the WM card looks meh.

Recall

So from RudoReels I have ended up with the following since discovering them at Christmas:

Best of 80's/90's Tokyo Dome Vol 1 + 2.
This is J (Super J Cup Anthology)
Best of Ric Flair in Japan
Shinsuke Nakamura Special
Wrestle Kingdom 8
G1 Climax 1992 Complete
NOAH for Dummies
Michinoku Pro for Dummies 1st Edition
Barbed Wire and Explosions for Dummies.

The Barbed Wire and Explodions set is trash due do much of it being 10th Generation VHS transfers and lame Onita 2014 matches. So little is covered in it especially from the FMW and BJPW days.

The NOAH set is incredible, genuinely incredible. The Tokyo Dome sets are masterful and my favourite by far. Super J Cup Anthology is well worth the money also as you get the J-Cup stuff too.

The Michinoku Pro set needed more content and the Ric Flair set has too much as Flair has the same match with every opponent from 1979 to 1996, more refined choices rather than everything would have been appreciated.

Ever since last Tuesday I'm having the feeling that AJ vs Shane will be way better than it has any right to be.

That's because AJ is going to carry him to a great match

It's just that Shane gets so sloppy in the ring, he makes his opponents look bad a lot, and those punches he throws are awful it's like the worst wanna be shoot punches in the history of our sport.

when Shane got shoryukend in the air by Roman, he should have hung them up. Despite what Vince thinks wrestling Shane is not some great honor.

kiguel182

Taker vs Batista was fun. I had forgotten how well Taker moved for such a big dude. Batista always delivered with power moves and intensity too.

New Breed is a terrible stable. No one here got anywhere.

For a moment I thought she was Ivanka. Not that would've made anything better.

Mahonay

Banned
when Shane got shoryukend in the air by Roman, he should have hung them up. Despite what Vince thinks wrestling Shane is not some great honor.
That's the irony in this all. What most of us feel as a wasted opportunity to truly showcase AJ Styles at WrestleMania, is actually what Vince views as one of the highest honors he could give to his talent.

Putting AJ in a WrestleMania match against Shane shows how high they are on AJ. It's just too bad when they're high on talent they'll often push their bad booking ideas onto them.

RBH

TV schedule for WrestleMania week:

MONDAY, MARCH 27

Raw – Live at 8/7 C on USA Network
See what unfolds on the final Raw before WrestleMania 33.

WWE 24: WrestleMania Monday – Immediately following Raw on WWE Network
Celebrate the perennial hottest Raw of the year, as WWE 24 cameras take you behind the curtain of the Raw the day after WrestleMania 32.

TUESDAY, MARCH 28

SmackDown LIVE – Live at 8/7 C on USA Network
Luke Harper will literally meet his maker when he battles his former leader, WWE Champion Bray Wyatt.

205 Live – Live at 10/9 C on WWE Network
Witness WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville, Brian Kendrick and many more world-class Superstars perform breathtaking feats of athleticism.

WWE Talking Smack – Live at 11/10 C on WWE Network
Renee Young catches up with SmackDown LIVE Superstars to get their thoughts on the evening's action as they head into WrestleMania.

Kurt Angle: Oh, It's True...It's True! – Immediately following WWE Talking Smack on WWE Network
Corey Graves sits down with 2017 WWE Hall of Fame Inductee Kurt Angle to discuss his favorite matches and moments, his battle with personal demons and his triumphant return home in this WWE Network exclusive interview.

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 29

NXT – 8/7 C on WWE Network
Kassius Ohno and 'The Drifter' Elias Samson face each other in a Loser Leaves NXT Match.

THURSDAY, MARCH 30

Bring it to the Table – 8/7 C on WWE Network
On site from the Orlando Citrus Bowl, home of WrestleMania 33, Corey Graves, JBL and Peter Rosenberg debate, discuss and dissect all things WWE, just days away from The Ultimate Thrill Ride.

FRIDAY, MARCH 31

WWE Hall of Fame 2017 Red Carpet – Live at 7/6 C on WWE Network and more platforms*
Maria Menounos hosts the most glamorous event on the WWE calendar, as Superstars, Legends and a host of celebrities walk the red carpet.

WWE Hall of Fame 2017 – Live at 8/7 C on WWE Network
Kurt Angle, Beth Phoenix, Diamond Dallas Page, "Ravishing" Rick Rude, Teddy Long and The Rock 'n' Roll Express will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame at the sold-out Amway Center.

SATURDAY, APRIL 1

NXT TakeOver: Orlando Pre-Show – Live at 7:30/6:30 C on WWE Network and more platforms*
Before the Superstars of NXT take to the ring, join an all-star panel, including Charly Caruso, Sam Roberts and Nigel McGuinness, as they share their thoughts and predictions for the evening's matches.

NXT TakeOver: Orlando – Live at 8/7 C on WWE Network
On the eve of WrestleMania, NXT comes home to Orlando at a sold-out Amway Center, where Shinsuke Nakamura tries to reclaim his title from NXT Champion Bobby Roode.

SUNDAY, APRIL 2

WrestleMania Kickoff – Live at 5/4 C on WWE Network and more platforms*
Renee Young joins WWE Hall of Famers Jerry Lawler, Booker T and Shawn Michaels to discuss the events leading up to all the action of The Ultimate Thrill Ride.
Not a WWE Network subscriber? You can watch the second hour of the Kickoff live on USA Network.

WrestleMania 33 – Live at 7/6 C on WWE Network
A sold-out crowd will descend upon the Orlando Citrus Bowl for WWE's annual pop-culture extravaganza, WrestleMania.

MONDAY, APRIL 3

Raw – Live at 8/7 C on USA Network
Don's miss the most must-see Raw of the year, featuring all the fallout from WrestleMania 33.

Raw Talk – Live immediately following Raw on WWE Network
Renee Young and WWE Hall of Famer Jerry Lawler analyze everything that went down on Raw following an historic WrestleMania weekend.

WWE Ride Along – Immediately following Raw Talk on WWE Network
Hit the road with The Miz & Maryse, and Carmella & Alexa Bliss, for an exclusive look at life on the road for a WWE Superstar.

* Watch the WWE Hall of Fame 2017 Red Carpet, NXT TakeOver: Orlando Pre-Show and WrestleMania Kickoff for free on WWE.com, the WWE App, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest.
http://www.wwe.com/wrestlemania-week-2017-wwe-network-schedule

Looking at that poll of matches at WM.... man this card is not good.

Aries/Neville is the only match I can look at and be certain it'll be any good.

DMczaf

When Old Man Vince gets all mushy when former stars return... 😥

Vince to Angle during their first meeting said:
To be able to come back and Vince say, `Just let it go, let everything in the past go. We’re here now, there’s nothing you need to worry about that occurred in the past. Just worry right now about the future. We have some wonderful plans for you in the future.’”

Mahonay

Banned
When Old Man Vince gets all mushy when former stars return... ��
Vince is so weird. There's moments like this where he sounds like one of the warmest sounding bosses out there, then there's other times he's an unpredictable psychopath.

I guess it kind of makes sense considering how fucked up he is from his upbringing.

This should still be better than last year.

Last year had decent wrestling with shitty finishes. And the main event was terrible.

I don't even really see decent wrestling on this card. There's a significant weak link in every match other than the CW and Owens/Jericho matches.

Tag titles (Enzo and Cass suck)
Roman vs. Undertaker (Taker looks like he can barely move)
Shane vs. AJ (Shane)
Raw Women's Title (Nia is awful)
SD women's title (clusterfuck)
Battle Royal (clusterfuck)
Rollins vs. Triple H (gonna be overbooked as fuck given Rollins' injury; could still be good though)
Bray vs. Orton (Orton is just boring. He's good, but he's boring.)
Cena/Nikki vs. Miz/Maryse (Maryse is not good at all and this will likely be more angle than match)
Ambrose vs. Corbin (Corbin is okay at best)
Goldberg vs. Brock (might go over four minutes which means it'll be a trash fire)

kiguel182

Mania is 4 hours right? Or is it 5? I probably won't stay awake until 4 am...

Also, time for Battle of Billionaiers. There are a bunch of Misses supporting Trump. Given what we know now this is extra gross. Fuck Trump.

Top Bottom