• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

What's stopping people from abusing free months with different accounts?

Nothing I guess.

The three-free-months is a special thing that only goes out to people who haven't used the network in ages though, so it's harder to abuse unless you actually check all the email addresses you signed up for to game free months out of the system.

But if you're going to do that then you wouldn't care about the 3 free months thing anyway I'd suppose. I assume there's lots of people doing this given how big their churn is.

They check against payment info, IIRC. But they give away three month packs to former subs all the time, so if you carry two accounts (one active and one inactive), you'll probably get offers regularly.

What happens if someone puts it against one of those prepay cards?

Syder

Did you get survivor series and the rumble free as well the last time they did this in november? With those and mania, all I'm missing is a free summerslam to get the big four free lol
No, I either missed the e-mail or didn't get the offer. I would be permanently subbed because 9.99 is a good price for that much content but I got through my 'childhood wrasslin rewatch' a lot sooner than I expected so I unsubbed because it was going unused most of the time.

WWE are doing a good job of making sure they get eyes on their product and building up goodwill with potential subscribers considering how much of it is gated behind the Network paywall now (205 LIVE, Talking Smack, NXT, etc.) and they're still making a tidy profit.

jmdajr

No, I either missed the e-mail or didn't get the offer. I would be permanently subbed because 9.99 is a good price for that much content but I got through my 'childhood wrasslin rewatch' a lot sooner than I expected so I unsubbed because it was going unused most of the time.

WWE are doing a good job of making sure they get eyes on their product and building up goodwill with potential subscribers considering how much of it is gated behind the Network paywall now (205 LIVE, Talking Smack, NXT, etc.) and they're still making a tidy profit.

I don't know if they ever thought Talking Smack would even be a hit. D. Bry not giving a fuck made that show.

2016-11-16-state-of-the-wwe-universe.jpg

I think this actually cheapens the value of the network - meltz went through the numbers last year and free wrestlemania did not help them.

Smackdown I can watch free and if talking smack has good bits, wwf puts them on youtube so I don't have any real reason to sign up. NXT is not what it was a year or two ago either.

I do sub to NJPWworld, as they do put up excellent matches.

galvatron

IT was hilarious. Some of these old wrestlers are delusional. Paul Roma was a fucking mid carder and the way he talks he was the GOAT but everyone was holding him back. The exchange about Mr. Fuji was pretty nuts too.

Paul "I heard he was a legit hitman, like for real"
Steve "I heard he killed his neighbors dog and fed it to them"
Paul "lol what a swell guy!"

When he shot on Luger was the best though. "He had no charisma, he was all look, and he wasn't even that good looking". MOTHERFUCKER THAT WAS YOU!

Piper also told that story on his postcasts. True or not, Fuji's backstage rep was scary af.

Syder

I think this actually cheapens the value of the network - meltz went through the numbers last year and free wrestlemania did not help them.

Smackdown I can watch free and if talking smack has good bits, wwf puts them on youtube so I don't have any real reason to sign up. NXT is not what it was a year or two ago either.
Problem is because PPVs have always been included on the 9.99 price it's hard to change that. At least with the more expensive Netflix subscription you get Ultra HD shows. If all of a sudden the Network went to $15 for the Big 4 (or something) I could see people unsubscribing in their droves.

14 non-WWE shows streaming around Mania, what's everyone gonna watch?

Planning on catching both EVOLVE shows, PROGRESS, Joey Janela's Spring Break, ROH, WWNLive Mercury Rising, FIP and the NJPW show on the Tuesday after Mania. Might try and watch the Ganbare Pro shows on DDT Universe as well, we'll have to see.

The Evolve shows, Mercury Rising, Janela's show, and maybe the Beyond show.

I'm planning to watch as much as I possibly can this weekend. My schedule is mostly open, so I should be able to catch most of it. The ROH/Mercury Rising/NXT conflicts means I'll have to on-demand some of those though.

WWE emailed me 3 more free months

I had one free trial once the first month into the service, and have now had 6 free months in the last 8. The Money Making Network

I doesn't matter how many times you try to break us... is not gonna happen... we were harassed by a company we still are... cause you don't fool me MF's I know I was you trying to destroy us... destroy my baby... she's better stronger than all of you pieces of 💩
We are getting married Wednesday ...
Have a nice and go and F... yourself hatters

Am I misreading it or is Del Rio actually implying that he thinks WWE leaked the Paige stuff?

Top Bottom