• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

It's an Undertaker feud...of course it's going to be shit if the person is not full-time. At least Taker showed up for this match...unlike his match with Bray. Still don't even know why Vince pulled him into that feud with Shane. You should be accustomed to shitty Taker build ups by now. Also, you know you care.

It just feels like yesterday he was having a hot feud with Punk, HHH, and HBK. At least those guys pulled their weight around.

But I cant understand why Roman is fighting, and it's like they were too scared to do a proper confrontation.

This feels like when a co-worker comes to you and says "oh btw, we're still on for lunch with Dave" as opposed to some school yard fight where youre reminded "Hey you little shit! We're going to FIGHT after school today, tell the whole school!"

And no, I do not care at all. I dont care about Roman getting a massive negative reaction and Vince going "Wow! They are reacting!"

And I sure as hell dont care about Taker. As much as I dislike Roman, not even he deserves to lose to a bag of dust and bones.

I cant believe after hyping up Taker's perfect end multiple times with Lesnar, HHH, and HBK, they are going out with this lame ass match up.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This is easily going to be better than last year's Mania

And this year is easily the Mania with the most honest to god long term builds in ages...

Serious question: who cares if they are long term builds if they're still sucky?

RBH

Tony Schiavone > Joey Janela's Spring Break

wc_orlando_tony_schiavone-475x443.png

http://www.wrestlecon.com/speakers/

Toki767

It just feels like yesterday he was having a hot feud with Punk, HHH, and HBK. At least those guys pulled their weight around.

But I cant understand why Roman is fighting, and it's like they were too scared to do a proper confrontation.

This feels like when a co-worker comes to you and says "oh btw, we're still on for lunch with Dave" as opposed to some school yard fight where youre reminded "Hey you little shit! We're going to FIGHT after school today, tell the whole school!"

And no, I do not care at all. I dont care about Roman getting a massive negative reaction and Vince going "Wow! They are reacting!"

And I sure as hell dont care about Taker. As much as I dislike Roman, not even he deserves to lose to a bag of dust and bones.

I cant believe after hyping up Taker's perfect end multiple times with Lesnar, HHH, and HBK, they are going out with this lame ass match up.

To be perfectly fair, all those guys could do promos about the streak without the Undertaker being around.

Reigns legitimately hasn't said anything at all during this entire feud aside from tonight. Where he at least is just trying to claim that it's his time.

Punk was literally 4 years ago...

And the HHH builds were literally Hunter doing HBK impressions (seriously they were basically the same build) with the second one being especially bad (I lost but I walked out and you didn't so really I won so face me again...)

This one is simple and clear. Reigns disrespected Taker and Taker doesn't stand for that

i posed the same concerns and questions you are here about the topic. This has been the biggest letdown by far with regard to build up. This just reeks of fantasy booking that is probably lef better suited to a mobile game. Still, its an opportunity for Roman to work with Taker. While it may not make TV sense, its probably been the dudes dream and will be his best chance at fulfilling it before gravity gives Taker its final "NOPE!"

Serious question: who cares if they are long term builds if they're still sucky?

I mean that's subjective (I've liked like 80% of the builds) but some folks are arguing like there's been no build at all.

And if you think all the builds suck then why watch?

I mean if you hate their long term booking, you've been knowing it was going to suck for you for ages...

Like seriously why watch?

Listening to Review-A-Wai.

Apparently Freddie Prinze Jr. was the main creative guy behind Jeff Hardy's title chase and win on SD. He also was a big proponent of the guys cutting promos to the camera and not looking away from it.

To be perfectly fair, all those guys could do promos about the streak without the Undertaker being around.

Reigns legitimately hasn't said anything at all during this entire feud aside from tonight. Where he at least is just trying to claim that it's his time.
gbHAvW2.gif

Um...before that happened, he called out Undertaker and HBK came out.

Listening to Review-A-Wai.

Apparently Freddie Prinze Jr. was the main creative guy behind Jeff Hardy's title chase and win on SD. He also was a big proponent of the guys cutting promos to the camera and not looking away from it.
Freddie wasn't bad but I'll tell you, he had an interview with gq where he talked about the product and this bitch said that 50-50 didn't matter. I was like..... Come on, you've been around the bs so long that they've fucked you over.

He was also a big part of someome else's story too. Maybe I'll find it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean that's subjective (I've liked like 80% of the builds) but some folks are arguing like there's been no build at all.

And if you think all the builds suck then why watch?

I mean if you hate their long term booking, you've been knowing it was going to suck for you for ages...

Like seriously why watch?

I don't think I will.

Did I imagine it, or did Cass throw shade at Bill Demott during that Night After Wrestlemania special?

That is definitely who they were talking about.

Its still disgusting that shit went on for years and it wasn't until the internet blew up he was fired. Scum still defend him now.

I'm still not very satisfied with Raw as a whole and find it a slog to watch, but when it is good, it is good.

Even now I think it is a LOT better than like, 2014. Where it was constant authority shit and was just awful.

Anth0ny

This is easily going to be better than last year's Mania

And this year is easily the Mania with the most honest to god long term builds in ages...

3 matches had legit long term builds

4 if you want to count goldberg/brock, which barely counts since they're part timers

I guess that is more than the last couple of years... but that ain't saying much lol.

the raw women's match could have been but they decided to fuck it all up by ending charlotte's streak and having bayley win the title on a nothing raw... ugh.

DMczaf

Kurt's WWE Network interview is kinda depressing but also uplifting.

You can tell it eats at him that he fucked up and left WWE due to personal issues, but you can see how excited he is about this second chance.

I really hope he sticks around for years, either in the ring or just on TV.

3 matches had legit long term builds

4 if you want to count goldberg/brock, which barely counts since they're part timers

I guess that is more than the last couple of years... but that ain't saying much lol.

the raw women's match could have been but they decided to fuck it all up by ending charlotte's streak and having bayley win the title on a nothing raw... ugh.

The shortest build to a feud going into this Mania is from where I see it: Aries vs Neville.

Everything else builds off of things from at least Jan/Feb with lots tracing further than that.

Wait, what's the anthem owl trademark thing referring to?
Broken Hardys

Top Bottom