• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

Oooh. Is there surprise return specifically referring to the WWE? I could have sworn they've been doing RoH stuff lately?

Sorry for all the questions. I've kinda fallen behind.

Their ROH deal was super duper short term and it's all but been confirmed that they have signed with the WWE and yeah Anthem aka Impact Wrestling aka TNA is suing the Hardys claiming they own all the Broken Hardys IP

Oooh. Is there surprise return specifically referring to the WWE? I could have sworn they've been doing RoH stuff lately?

Sorry for all the questions. I've kinda fallen behind.
https://mobile.twitter.com/pwstream/status/846422672900870144
C79fQ1BVsAE7v_3.jpg

cordy

Banned
Levesque is tasked with manufacturing an organic brand, which is an enormous undertaking. Take the Roman Reigns conundrum as an example: The handsome, muscular, 6'4" Samoan is vociferously booed by WWE audiences, and there are constant demands from the fans to turn Reigns into a villain. Levesque has a different understanding of the situation.

“People can look at Roman Reigns and say, ‘The failed attempt that is Roman Reigns,’ but Roman Reigns sells tickets,” said Levesque. “Roman Reigns gets one of the loudest reactions every night, whether that reaction is a boo or whether that reaction is a cheer. The fans who say, ‘I don’t understand why they don’t turn Roman Reigns heel!’ Isn’t he already?

“If you believe what you believe, and you’re saying, ‘How can they not turn him heel? There is 70 percent of the crowd booing him out of the building!’ If that’s your belief, then isn’t he already the biggest heel we have? If 70 percent of that crowd is booing him, then he’s a heel. We’re just presenting him to you in a different way that makes you hate him.”

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/03/27/wwe-triple-h-paul-levesque-nxt-cruiserweight-brands
-

You know what I'm be positive and go with excelsiorlef

Like it wasn't like an A+ promo for the ages but he played into the boos and crowd reaction and acted like a cocky prick who was going to destroy the Undertaker. I dug it, it's miles ahead of sufferin succotash and belie dat hokey bullshit.... There's a great moment where he brings up his disastrous Rumble win in Philly (they were in Philly tonight) and he did it with like a shit eating fuck all y'all smirk...

He's done a really good job being confident and to the point and because people hate him he comes off as a total dick...

Syder

B+ Player said:
”People can look at Roman Reigns and say, ‘The failed attempt that is Roman Reigns,' but Roman Reigns sells tickets," said Levesque. ”Roman Reigns gets one of the loudest reactions every night, whether that reaction is a boo or whether that reaction is a cheer. The fans who say, ‘I don't understand why they don't turn Roman Reigns heel!' Isn't he already?
tumblr_inline_o0vn2eTjfx1sw0qsc_500.gif

Jesus Christ, Hunter... You're friends with X-Pac, surely you should know what's good heat and what isn't.

Also, didn't Meltz say RR is regularly beaten on merch sales and has been an underwhelming draw on occasions?

Also, I like the idea that people should just be happy with Reigns because "in WWE canon he's a face but outside he's not" *wink wink*

Jesus Christ, Hunter... You're friends with X-Pac, surely you should know what's good heat and what isn't.

Also, didn't Meltz say RR is regularly beaten on merch sales and has been an underwhelming draw on occasions?

Also, I like the idea that people should just be happy with Reigns because "in WWE canon he's a face but outside he's not *wink wink*"

I think he's #2 behind Cena... but yeah his shows aren't a super draw but who else do they have to fill that spot...

This is the Cena conundrum part 2 only worse because Reigns ain't Cena

Also, I like the idea that people should just be happy with Reigns because "in WWE canon he's a face but outside he's not" *wink wink*

According to Meltzer, he isn't a draw for house shows, but he also doesn't hurt house shows. The only draw is Cena.

As far as merch sales, he's consistently #2 or #3, with bursts for various people (New Day, etc.) when they have new product.

Also, until they stop filling up domes, it's not bad heat.

Syder

I think he's #2 behind Cena... but yeah his shows aren't a super draw but who else do they have to fill that spot...

This is the Cena conundrum part 2 only worse because Reigns ain't Cena
According to Meltzer, he isn't a draw for house shows, but he also doesn't hurt house shows. The only draw is Cena.

As far as merch sales, he's consistently #2 or #3, with bursts for various people (New Day, etc.) when they have new product.

Also, until they stop filling up domes, it's not bad heat.
If Finn and Seth stay injury free for the foreseeable future (lol) I can see them taking the #2/#3 spots or (#1/#2 if Cena keeps disappearing [marriage, family, Hollywood, etc.]) but ya know...

GJg9Y.gif

If Finn and Seth stay injury free for the foreseeable future (lol) I can see them taking the #2/#3 spots or (#1/#2 if Cena keeps disappearing [marriage, family, Hollywood, etc.]) but ya know...

GJg9Y.gif

Ehhhhh Rollins is arguable even less likeable and a worse talker than Reigns overall... he just got the benefit of not being the one who "fucked over" Daniel Bryan in the eyes of the fanbase. Rollins is always gonna be stuck in that second tier babyface...

Balor who the fuck knows... I think it is way too early to say that.

Hex

Banned
Like, it seems she's a face in the company in everything but her booking.

I understand that Vince would LOVE to have another monster heel, especially one in the Women's Division, but Nia isn't it.

What's Bull Nakano up to these days? :p

Rock family strength

Tagyhag

Paige posted her response to everything on Twitter an hour ago. Thankfully very definitely from her future husband's. Glad to see her aiming to do some good.

https://twitter.com/RealPaigeWWE/status/846571091854266368

Good for her and good on her family and Alberto for sticking by her.

It's funny how Alberto sounds so wise whenever Paige talks about him, but then he gets on Instagram and it's like "You fucking cocksuckers!" lol.

Caderfix

Ehhhhh Rollins is arguable even less likeable and a worse talker than Reigns overall... he just got the benefit of not being the one who "fucked over" Daniel Bryan in the eyes of the fanbase. Rollins is always gonna be stuck in that second tier babyface...

Balor who the fuck knows... I think it is way too early to say that.

I disagree with the first part 100%. Other then "DA DEMON KING" stuff, I never rolled my eyes during one of Seth's promos. And he might not work as a white bread babyface, but I can totally see a cocky face persona working. Also saying he just got the benefit of not being the one who screwed Bryan is putting aside how he carried the company while still green for one year even while being booked like shit.

Rollins is one hell of a performer.

I disagree with the first part 100%. Other then "DA DEMON KING" stuff, I never rolled my eyes during one of Seth's promos. And he might not work as a white bread babyface, but I can totally see a cocky face persona working. Also saying he just got the benefit of not being the one who screwed Bryan is is putting aside how he carried tje company while still green for one year even while being booked like shit.

Rollins is one hell of a performer.

He is but so is Reigns bluntly...

I'm not convinced he's going to be that #1 merch mover though...

Caderfix

He is but so is Reigns bluntly...

Roman is good, sure, and an argument can be made in his favor against Rollins for in ring stuff depending on what kind of wrestling you like, now suggesting he's a better promo or more charismatic... I just don't see it. Also, just in case scripted promos and booking are brought up, Rollins was screwed in that department as well just as bad.

Roman is good, sure, and an argument can be made in his favor against Rollins for in ring stuff depending on what kind of wrestling you like, now suggesting he's a better promo or more charismatic... I just don't see it. Also, just in case scripted promos and booking are brought up, Rollins was screwed in that department as well just as bad.

Ultimately both were annoying until pretty much... right now.

Rollins has been just as annoying as a face as Reigns for months. They are both now coming into something good. Reigns as an asshole and Rollins as a self doubting remorseful face.

Rimfya

Banned
Think I understand H's way of thinking but if he's supposed to be a heel to me, the only real reaction I get to his constant winning is an eye roll instead of joy/hate.

I liked his promo tonight where he listed his accomplishments in the face of all the booing. Roman could be quite fun if his constantly leaned into the "I know I'm getting a free ride and I know you hate it" angle instead of acting tough.

Top Bottom