• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

WEGGLES

Played some local multiplayer.

We thought non-simultaneous play would be fun/interesting/high pressure... it was DREADFUL. 6 holes took soooo long.

Aside from that, it was an absolute blast.

Also was pleasantly surprised at how well I did in a couple tourneys online.

Smilax

So glad I got this digitally. Now I can keep the Mario Kart 7 cart inside the 3DS. Also I'm doing really bad on this hole...

RM8

I just realized I can't play as Toadette online due to character restrictions in rules.
cv7iHvT.gif

Is it me, or is Paratroopa adorable in this game? For some reason he just seems so cute, his animations are really adorable.

Also minor bug(?) I noticed with him, but he seems to use the negative sound effects when doing a nice shot onto the green. Or at least the sounds used in Mario Kart DD and Power Tennis that Paratroopa used for negative responses.

Just one more character to unlock. One more course (lol never happening) and have to beat the Mii story mode thing. And a bunch of missions. So much content!

That was a good game Smilax!

Edit: Is anyone else going to join or are you just going to leave me to Shark's mercy :{
Please join us guys. XD

60-5805-1378-1702

It's Skins and turn-by-turn, so it's different from the simultaneous play in the normal GAF community. We only need one more person, too.

EDIT: Smilax? D:

Smilax

That was a good game Smilax!

Edit: Is anyone else going to join or are you just going to leave me to Shark's mercy :{
Yeah that was fun! I need to really be careful on how I slice the ball sometimes, its what screwed me over lol. Good game Greg, I'll get you next time though!

Please join us guys. XD

60-5805-1378-1702

It's Skins and turn-by-turn, so it's different from the simultaneous play in the normal GAF community. We only need one more person, too.

EDIT: Smilax? D:

lol, I joined and then I was like... "Yeah it's getting pretty late, I should probably take a break before I burn myself out"

daydream

Banned
Also minor bug(?) I noticed with him, but he seems to use the negative sound effects when doing a nice shot onto the green. Or at least the sounds used in Mario Kart DD and Power Tennis that Paratroopa used for negative responses.

I've noticed that with pretty much all of the characters I've tried. Sometimes they're unnecessarily pessimistic and can't appreciate a solid shot, haha. In turn, sometimes they're happy about a shot that ends up in the Rough.

Guessing the AI responds to certain parameters which don't include all factors. For example, in the opposite case of a character celebrating a shot that turns out rotten, I think it's usually due to certain dynamic course elements that prevent it from calculating the shot to the end (e.g. currents, some slopes paired with spin, even obstacles that you end bouncing off of due to wind). That's my experience (and suspicion), at least.

Velcro Fly

Once we all unlock all or most of the gear we should do some Mii only tournaments. I enjoy using Mario characters but it's way more fun when you can't just blast to the green in one shot on every par four.

The struggle between looking good and having great stats is real though. Got quite a bit of stuff today that I need to buy and maybe equip.

RM8

Good game! :D Oh lord this game is going to leave me sleep deprived for weeks.
---

I think I wouldn't be opposed to compatibility packs so I can play Toadette against anyone online :p

I think I wouldn't be opposed to compatibility packs so I can play Toadette against anyone online :p
The game made a point of telling you that you can use DLC characters against people who don't have it, remember? :p I think it has to be a community without quick search access though.

I was comparing the items you can get in the store and I noticed something. Apparently, the strongest clubs for draws have a +1 drive advantage over the strongest clubs for fades, with the same penalties for sweet-spot and control.

Basically, if you want to go for power, draw shots is the defacto optimal build.

Velcro Fly

I'm stuck in like 3 different tournaments trying to grind out a better score and I can't. I hop from one to another trying to eek out a better score and I can't. I always manage to either do something really dumb or just fuck up an easy putt.

This Sky Island coin challenge #2 is turning my hair gray :{

So frustrating to get the approach perfect and then screw up the easy put at the end every time :'(

Conezays

Anyone down for online?

Also, any help on doing Yoshi Lake Star Coin Collector 2? Can't figure out how to grab the star coin over the water with the ice flower? It bounces across the water (making ice), hits the coin, then goes under.

daydream

Banned
Anyone down for online?

Also, any help on doing Yoshi Lake Star Coin Collector 2? Can't figure out how to grab the star coin over the water with the ice flower? It bounces across the water (making ice), hits the coin, then goes under.

Someone (probably Kinsei) gave me the hint to skip the ice flower, and that's how I did it: Just get close to the coin in 2 shots (from the top of the lake so that the next shot lands near the flag) and fly over the water in your third shot whilst collecting the coin with 3W-1W. I did it with Star Kamek. Still hard as Yoshi's yarn balls.

Conezays

Someone (probably Kinsei) gave me the hint to skip the ice flower, and that's how I did it: Just get close to the coin in 2 shots (from the top of the lake so that the next shot lands near the flag) and fly over the water in your third shot whilst collecting the coin with 3W-1W. I did it with Star Kamek. Still hard as Yoshi's yarn balls.

Thanks! I'll try that out
unsuccessfully for hours.

The first ice flower you get should be used to get to the second group of ice flowers.

From there you should be using a 1W toned down in power a bit to get the coin and still have the momentum to get across. You'll also want to apply super topspin for good measure. The ball should climb up the side of the pond since it's slanted and land in the heavy rough. Your fourth shot will be an easy one from the heavy rough to the green - since it's short you'll actually have room for error - and then you just putt it in.

I just did it on my second try, but the first try wasn't with this method and I failed miserably. So my first try with this method. I used no-star Paratroopa.

Velcro Fly

I got that coin this way:

1st shot: drive accurate enough to split two ice flower boxes, getting them both
2nd shot: use first ice flower to get really close to lake. I've tried without and it never worked for me
3rd shot: use second ice flower to get coin and escape clutches of lake
4th shot: chip from rough or bunker near lake onto green
5th shot: make putt

I feel I got a little lucky on my 3rd shot but if you use a club with a low enough ball trajectory you should have enough juice to get the coin and get out of the lake. I used Star Yoshi I believe so it may differ depending on who you use.

WEGGLES

Local mulitplayer froze in a weird way. My roommate was able to keep taking shots until it reached my turn... and we could both send emotes. But I was forever stuck looking at this shot in progress.

So yeah, unlocking the 17y Fade clubs in the boutique simply involves playing a fuckton. If you encounter a drive spell in the boutique then just play more, guys.

Going by past patterns, I expect there to be 18y Draw clubs that require even more playtime to unlock.

Top Bottom