• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

XaosWolf

Was that Bowser's Castle?

I thought 'no sweat' when I started and then ended up finishing with just over 1 second left on the clock. Nearly had a heart attack :lol

That was just Peach Gardens. I can't imagine Bowser's Castles challenges.
Not even unlocked it but I love me some Bowser's Castle anything

This is now one of the few games that make my heart do this along with Guitar Hero and Project Diva. (Knowing you're getting so close to Perfecting songs)

Smilax

Good game! I gotta go so see y'all later.

What's the strategy to a birdie on that last hole, though?

I want to say that your first shot has to be either on the far right or the far left. That way you don't get stuck behind a rock like I did lol, but I could be wrong on that!

F34R

Really love this in 3d! After testing out the demo, reading through the thread, I ordered. I was REALLY close to just doing the digital purchase. I stopped during the checkout process and ordered the physical copy.

It's Shark's sheet. Though they seem have lost interest now, I've pasted the info back in and it's been stable for a few hours.

This is what it looked like earlier. :\
Derp. Made copy, replaced, have to quote to see for now. Might do Read-only with a few editors later so I don't have to do the "quote to see" thing, though. I'm not a fan of that.

And TY Robin for taking care of that while I was sleeping.

EDIT: I will say that due to how this was set up it was possible to have vandalism that was actually humorous so I'm very disappointed in the lack of humor of whoever did this. If you're going to be a vandal then do it properly, damn it! I don't like half-assed vandalism jobs like this.

Toki1776

What, specifically, does "Control" mean? Like with gear, Sweet spot vs control?

Control affects how far off from the displayed trajectory the ball goes when you miss the center of the sweet spot. Basically, more control means that slightly missing the "perfect" in the sweet spot on the meter is less of an issue, as your ball will end up landing closer to where you intended. The better you are with your timing, the less relevance control (and sweet spot, for that matter) have.

On another note, I'm about to drop into the community lobby... anyone interested in a game?

Control affects how far off from the displayed trajectory the ball goes when you miss the center of the sweet spot. Basically, more control means that slightly missing the "perfect" in the sweet spot on the meter is less of an issue, as your ball will end up landing closer to where you intended. The better you are with your timing, the less relevance control (and sweet spot, for that matter) have.

On another note, I'm about to drop into the community lobby... anyone interested in a game?
I'd be down. Give me a second to log on.

Ferny

FZWdfgs.png

Robin64

NeoGAF Retro #1 has ended! Thanks to everyone who took part (32 of you this time), and congratulations to Jascii with his score of -19 and MrPanic and Hannah with their score of -18.

But really, of the current DLC, Koopa Park is definitely the superior course. So without further ado, let's go there!

geptMXL.png

Jasconius

NeoGAF Retro #1 has ended! Thanks to everyone who took part (32 of you this time), and congratulations to Jascii with his score of -19 and MrPanic and Hannah with their score of -18.

But really, of the current DLC, Koopa Park is definitely the superior course. So without further ado, let's go there!

geptMXL.png

Wow, no star characters, huh? This should be interesting~

Kouriozan

geptMXL.png

Hard greens, let's a go!

Hahah I love this

Bought the Season Pass today. My Parents stopped by today so I could cook for my Mom for Mother's Day. My Dad brought his 3DS and we played a few rounds, he beat me once out of the three times we played. Now my Mom wants a copy (she plays Animal Crossing). This could be a lot of fun.

Jasconius

Wow, Yoshi was not a good choice for Retro #2. That 208 just isn't cutting it.

Haha you can do it just need to be judicious with your power shots. Use them on the long par 4s~

Had a really good start with Peach, -8 on the front nine but only -4 on the back. I guess -12 isn't too bad, I had some really good shots in there and only one really badly missed putt...

Did -8 in the new Retro tourney, and the rain didn't help >.<
Yeah the rain made some of the holes even more of a challenge especially with only 200y drive....

Prologue

Gotta pick this up this summer.

Surprised we don't have tennis and golf on wii u though. Could have been cool with the controller

XaosWolf

The Putting just will not let me get an Eagle. You may have heard the cussing from wherever you guys are.

Edit: PUTTING MAKES ME SO MAD YOU GUYS

rpmurphy

The Putting just will not let me get an Eagle. You may have heard the cussing from wherever you guys are.

Edit: PUTTING MAKES ME SO MAD YOU GUYS
Yeah, get some putting practice in! But most of it is still about getting a good position on the green in the first place.

Good games.

Top Bottom