• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

Anustart

Good games guys~ Nice emote trolling there at the end too haha

Yeah that was a tough round but you were the only one to get an albatross~

EDIT: INVISIBLE RAIN >_<

Good games all, nice round last time Poltergust!

This will have to be my last one since my wife insists that we should go grocery shopping (and she's probably right...)

Last edit: Woo dat eagle putt from the rough for the draw~

Very fun games, all!!

Food takes a back seat to feeling the breeze on our skin while we hit the skins.

I'm up for it polter.

I'll be on for a little while, see yas in the GAF lobby

*edit* Oh Skins lobby that sounds like fun *looks for it*

in, i'm BJ33 (I really should just change my name lol)

lt519

Join the Skins lobby when you can. There's someone else here already.

That's me :)

While we're waiting someone needs to challenge my Toadette Tourney score of Birdie, Birdie, Eagle. I'd like to see a 13 point round from someone. Took me a few tries but I found the easiest hole to Eagle was the third one, you can end up with about a 30 yard chip.

lt519

Ugh my putts aren't going down, ran right over the hole on one and missed another by an inch to push holes, sloppy approach play though so far ):

edit: and lipped out for eagle...

Are you up for doing another Skins match, *insert name of person who won here*? Hopefully on a faster course? =P

EDIT: OK, guess it's just us 3.

DedValve

Banned
The last mario golf I played was the GC one. I remember it being soooo much fun. Might pick this up if it ever gets cheap. Wish hot shots was free on PS+ for US users :(

Smilax

Currently 3rd in the NeoGAF Retro tournament with a score of -13 with Peachums, I got luck and got an eagle on one of them lol, I have no idea how...

Raven77

Okay so I picked this up last week, went on vacation, and have barely had time to do anything with the game.

I did, however, just spend a weekend with some buddies and played about 15 hours of Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour for Gamecube.

How does this game compare to that? I absolutely love Toadstool tour because the golf mechanics are just so perfect and it has lots of difficult to moderately difficult unlockables and some great courses.

Jasconius

Can't believe you tied that hole after being behind a rock.

I don't have the patient for skins play, I just rush my shots. Probably the worst I've played since owning this.

Haha you guys would probably hate playing skins with me, I'm always the last person done on every hole already anyway ~.~

Edit: ^^
Okay so I picked this up last week, went on vacation, and have barely had time to do anything with the game.

I did, however, just spend a weekend with some buddies and played about 15 hours of Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour for Gamecube.

How does this game compare to that? I absolutely love Toadstool tour because the golf mechanics are just so perfect and it has lots of difficult to moderately difficult unlockables and some great courses.
I only played Toadstool tour before (well and the NES one...) and I thought this one was great. I was able to pick up everything back to TT levels after one course even though it's probably been 5 years since I last played. The courses are pretty good, great if you get the DLC since the one downside is only having 3.5 18-hole courses IMO. The star/moon coin challenges are fun and get reasonably challenging.

Oh and the multiplayer is great in the NeoGAF community at least. Nothing can quite compare to having people all together playing but the multiplayer in this has come close! It is very fun~

Tarps

Top two scores on Toad Highlands tourney are are both -27. I know it's an easy course but that's just sick.

I would hate to be the guy that shot -27 and got second place, ha ha!

Got scores in two of the official online tourneys while on the road and without internet access.

Submitted them when I got home and now am going to get golds in those instead of silvers.

Thanks, Camelot! :)

Huh, so hole 7 in the DK jungle hands you an Albatross so easy you can put for it assuming you take the right barrel cannon, well that makes two Albatrosses for me now but this one feels so hollow.

Jasconius

Ugggghhhhh when it looks like it's going in for a HIO and then.... .38ft from hole! EXCELLENT!

EDIT: Woo got one a few holes later~

Camjo-Z

I wasn't expecting to like this game, but it is surprisingly good. Glad I had some extra Gamestop credit to buy it with.

Also, a question: for these pipe challenges that unlock after you beat Castle Club mode, do they ever show up again after you lose them once? I wanted to retry the Peach Gardens 800-coin challenge but it just disappeared.

Jasconius

Good game Conezays!

I wasn't expecting to like this game, but it is surprisingly good. Glad I had some extra Gamestop credit to buy it with.

Also, a question: for these pipe challenges that unlock after you beat Castle Club mode, do they ever show up again after you lose them once? I wanted to retry the Peach Gardens 800-coin challenge but it just disappeared.

Yep, just keep playing and you'll get it again. Depending on how many courses you have unlocked it might be a bit, though.

Jasconius

OK I'll start then, if anyone else wants to play I'll stick around after this one~

Edit: Ugh, rain + downhill putts are the worst :/

edit2: back in lobby if anyone's up for games

Well, that water hazard in the last hole was unfortunate. I've never seen a backspin actually make your ball go in reverse when using a driver. I was attempting to avoid the bunker. =/

Jasconius

Well, that water hazard in the last hole was unfortunate. I've never seen a backspin actually make your ball go in reverse when using a driver. I was attempting to avoid the bunker. =/

Ahhh, was wondering what happened. Yeah it's unusual but it really depends on what kind of slope you land on and the angle the shot's coming down at... :/

And this is why that one Par 3 on Koopa Park is currently one of the hardest holes in the game IMO. Even if you figure out how to stay on, even relatively short putts are a pain in the ass to sink because of just how steep the slope is.

You were able to get an eagle at hole 14 with Star Peach? How? I thought her drive wasn't large enough to make the gap...

And this is why that one Par 3 on Koopa Park is currently one of the hardest holes in the game IMO. Even if you figure out how to stay on, even relatively short putts are a pain in the ass to sink because of just how steep the slope is.

?

It was a par 4 hole.

Top Bottom