• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

Question on the DLC, do I have to unlock those to play them in Mario Golf mode?

Edit Never mind

I was under the impression that a local player could play on the DLC courses without buying them. Guess that is not the case.

Dragoshi1

Got two copies of this during the Gamestop trade-in promo for 60% extra credit, and having a BLAST.

I'm really bad at putting sometimes, sometimes I can do it perfectly from even 9ft away or so, but other times, it skates the hole or SITS ON IT, which makes me a bit ticked.

Otherwise, great game, I play Mario Golf 64, Mario Golf GBC, and this alternatively throughout my day.

Got +144.
Welcome back! Congratulations, [GAF]Shark! The results for this round have set your handicap at 50.0 in the High-Handicap Class.
So your starting handicap can range from 9.0 in the Low-Handicap class to 50.0 in the High-Handicap class.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Man oh man, those challenges are a giant time sink. I'm only at 55, and that's still 45 until I unlock moon challenges, and I'd still have 30 star challenges too... Plus 40 more from the rest of the DLC... Is anything unlocked between 55 and the moon coin challenges?

Conezays and I are in the lobby if anybody wants to join us in the GAF Community.

5boGCzT.jpg

Am I pro now? :3

Smilax

I'm not that good, really! I'm still surprised that I managed to do that online match earlier where I made no mistakes both before and after that Albatross, getting me that -12.

Doesn't mean you can't be my rival Shark, doesn't mean you can't! Also, what happened that one night when you kept getting d/c'd? Did you find the issue?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Awe fuck you Mario I'm playing through castle club and doing the 3rd championship. Doing not great as it's my first time on the course and make it to 13 with -1 in the lead tied with Mario. Then birdie every single hole except the last. What does dickbag Mario do? Birdies every single fucking hole. Shhhhiiiiiit

Awe fuck you Mario I'm playing through castle club and doing the 3rd championship. Doing not great as it's my first time on the course and make it to 13 with -1 in the lead tied with Mario. Then birdie every single hole except the last. What does dickbag Mario do? Birdies every single fucking hole. Shhhhiiiiiit
Yeah, Mario's pretty much a troll. :(

Also, daydream, can you please update the FAQ to have the new tournament spreadsheet? Quote-only of course. The old one has once again been vandalized. :p

Last resort is I'll set it to Read-only with only a select few as editors. We'll see how it goes for now though.

Jasconius

Also, daydream, can you please update the FAQ to have the new tournament spreadsheet? Quote-only of course. The old one has once again been vandalized. :p

Last resort is I'll set it to Read-only with only a select few as editors. We'll see how it goes for now though.
Some really bored people out there... I un-vandalized it only an hour or so ago, too...

Finally improved my score on the Mount NeoGAF tourney, got a -23 which is great but disappointing at the same time because I had 2 chip-in eagles but missed 2 or 3 very makeable eagle putts as well... >_<

Velcro Fly

Took the weekend off. Will maybe do the official tourneys that I haven't done. Was just getting way too frustrated trying to get better scores. I love the game and don't want to burn out so quickly. It's funny but the one-on one-putt challenge never frustrates me. I have infinite patience for that. It's like whoa I shanked that one I'll get em' next time. But heaven forbid I don't put up a -18 on Mount NeoGAF. I'm ready to burn my 3DS when I shank a shot and mess up an amazing round.

daydream

Banned

Done! :)

Tom_Cody

My gaming plate is full but I decided to download the demo over the weekend. Big mistake.

I could definitely see myself getting addicted to this. I am going to exercise some willpower here and hold off. I am currently playing through SM3DW and MK8 is right around the corner. I don't want to get too burned out on this art style.

rugioh

Banned
Which star characters are actually viable? (meaning they don't fall off significantly on control/sweet spot) Star Mario is completely screwed in a sandtrap or rough

daydream

Banned
Which star characters are actually viable? (meaning they don't fall off significantly on control/sweet spot) Star Mario is completely screwed in a sandtrap or rough

Star Daisy is probably the first one you unlocked. She's totally viable, imo.

Personally, I use Waluigi, though.

lt519

I've created the Bowser's Pursuit Tourney. This is a follow up to Peach's Escape on the Bowser's course.

In this one you can only play as regular Bowser stomping through Peach Gardens. Tournament Tees, No Items, Strong Winds, Point Play and No Shot Line

58-7250-8794-0283

Finally collected all of the Star Coins and Moon Coins! Now to wait until the next batch of DLC comes out to start all over again lol.

That second Moon Coin in Yoshi Lake is soooooo dumb, though. You have absolutely no margin of error in that one. It is probably the hardest coin to collect in the game. Yes, even worse than the second Star Coin for Yoshi Lake. >_>

I like playing as Star Yoshi. Perfect balance of power and control. My Mii is actually almost the exact build as him.

I mean, theoretically, Bowser is the best star character, but playing an 18-hole course as him is an exercise in frustration, so I don't recommend it.

octopiggy

Finally collected all of the Star Coins and Moon Coins! Now to wait until the next batch of DLC comes out to start all over again lol.

That second Moon Coin in Yoshi Lake is soooooo dumb, though. You have absolutely no margin of error in that one. It is probably the hardest coin to collect in the game. Yes, even worse than the second Star Coin for Yoshi Lake. >_>

Wow! Good work! I thought I was doing well with 30 moon coins! Do you get anything for getting them all?

Not yet. You get new costumes at 50 and 100 Moon Coins, but I haven't gotten anything else other than those. Perhaps you unlock something special by collecting all 320 coins once all the DLC is out...?

octopiggy

Not yet. You get new costumes at 50 and 100 Moon Coins, but I haven't gotten anything else other than those. Perhaps you unlock something special by collecting all 320 coins once all the DLC is out...?

Oh, didn't realise you got a costume for 100 Moon Coins. So your done other than online matches and dlc?

Depends on the tees being used and how often you can get Nice Shots when doing a Power Shot.

Some courses have a few holes that the most powerful characters can drive from the front tees so if you're facing against someone who's doing that but your character isn't strong enough to do that then you are instantly in a tough situation.

Man, putting is simply not working for me today.

EDIT: Missed an eagle putt from 5 feet away. -_______________-

EDIT2: ...I ended with a positive score. Why am I so awful all of a sudden?

Jasconius

Good game! I can't believe I missed the putts on the last couple of holes, but I was also surprised not to go OB on that island green when I severely underhit the ball so I guess it works out!

Jasconius

Good games guys~ Nice emote trolling there at the end too haha
Man, what a terrible round lol. But I did go from +6 to +1.

Yeah that was a tough round but you were the only one to get an albatross~

EDIT: INVISIBLE RAIN >_<

Good games all, nice round last time Poltergust!

This will have to be my last one since my wife insists that we should go grocery shopping (and she's probably right...)

Last edit: Woo dat eagle putt from the rough for the draw~

Very fun games, all!!

Top Bottom