• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

JeTmAn81

I retrieved an old video of Mario Kart double dash played with 8 players on a single screen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cAJIS_4-z4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

At that time it was a terrific set up to have :)

Double Dash was awesome. I loved the co-op focus. To this day, I still have no idea why it gets so much hate. Nintendo actually innovated and changed the formula, but so many people couldn't adapt that they've gone back to what's tried and true, and now people complain about that :/

Chopper

I've got three gold stars for all cups in 50 and 100 cc, no problem. Only tried the first 150cc cup and only got two stars, even though I came first in all the races. I hate that shit. My OCD is telling me to replay it over and over until I get three!

DarkWish

Are there any unlockables for beating the cups in 50cc or 100cc? So far all I've seen is stuff for 150cc, so if that's the case then I don't see a point in bothering with 50cc or 100cc.

Not to open up a can of worms, but... this game has snaking?

This kind of kills any desire I might have had to play it online.

I wouldnt say it is the same easy to pull it off. It was much easier to pull off the on the MK DS game than here. I have been playing this game all evening and trying to figure out how you pull off the boost. The nub makes it definitely less comfortable to do it than the pad.

So what wheels are your favourites so far.
I'm a sponge guy.

And I just unlocked Shy Guy and did a 150cc GP with him. He kinda feels like cheating/overpowered...

BY2K

Membero Americo
Well we can make communities, so if snaking ever comes back, we ban it from NeoGAF Communities, plain and simple.

I never play 50cc or 100c and I won't be starting now.

Snaking is bad but oh my god! One of my favorite levels is back in the game! Not sure if I'm glad I watched the video or would have rather been surprised.

So what wheels are your favourites so far. I'm a sponge guy.

And I just unlocked Shy Guy and did a 150cc GP with him. He kinda feels like cheating/overpowered...

It is hard to say as the vehicle has a lot to say too. I like the big wheels with speedy characters since I feel like I am more in control when I drive and I like to feel some weight. So a light cart with big wheels? from what I can gather so far.

BowieZ

Banned
Everyone should create a whole bunch of communities and we can settle on the one code that's easiest to "remember" for the Official GAF Community code.

That may assuage some incompetent GAFfers' lamenting about complex numerical FCs. Also it may be a bit more fair to start up the official community after Sunday when nearly everyone should have the game.

Everyone should create a whole bunch of communities and we can settle on the one code that's easiest to "remember" for the Official GAF Community code.

That may assuage some incompetent GAFfers' lamenting about complex numerical FCs. Also it may be a bit more fair to start up the official community after Sunday when nearly everyone should have the game.

1111-1111-1111

So what are the weight classes in this? I checked the Mario Wiki, but they keep waffling between showing weights or not, so I'm not sure I can trust them at all on this yet.

Ydahs

Was just watching the GS video review. You need codes to enter a community room? No matter how inviting the water looks, Nintendo always have to pee in the pool somehow.
Oh, gimmie a fucking break with that cheap-ass comparison (and you too, whomever made the other lazy contribution). For all intents and purposes, it's a console, man. The impression was that "communities" were lobbies you could easily join. It's not the matter of how long it takes to join a community, it's the fact you can't simply hop into a community -- you have to have what is essentially a friend code.

No need to blow everything someone says on GAF way out of proportion. Just because it's the popular thing to do, doesn't mean it makes it worth a shit to say. Use some common sense and don't be so quick to reject every criticism. Wasn't saying, "Fuck it, not buying now." Just pointing out the fact it's another seemingly unnecessary obstacle Nintendo has thrown into a fan favorite.

First, relax. No need to lose your cool on something so miniscule. I wasn't rejecting your criticism, just the way you laid out your criticism was over the top.

Of course, in a perfect world we'd have a search engine allowing us to search communities based on a set of user specified rules. Hey, that's the only thing it's really lacking. Though the fact that we are still getting a system that's innovative in the handheld scene from Nintendo is something to be excited about. Nothing's perfect on its first outing, but it'll surely be improved upon in the future.

Entering 16 digits to join a community is not the end of the world. It's not ideal, but it's not the 'pee in the pool' you make it out to be.

Sinthetic

Oh mannnn, just had 8 races online against Japanese players, came 1st in 5... 2nd, 3rd, 4th.

I can see myself sinking many hours into this.

I nearly shed a tear as that beautiful MK 7 Rainbow Road music kicked in and I proceeded to powerslide across the Rings of Saturn and tricked off the Moon's Craters. There's no better feeling than feeling nostalgia but knowing this is something new, that will be remembered in a decades time.

Amazing.

My thumb is actually dented by the A button. This is not a game that is kind to long durations of play.

anyone wants to jump in now? waiting with another guy in the lobby...

hey its me!!

Oh mannnn, just had 8 races online against Japanese players, came 1st in 5... 2nd, 3rd, 4th.

I can see myself sinking many hours into this.

I nearly shed a tear as that beautiful MK 7 Rainbow Road music kicked in and I proceeded to powerslide across the Rings of Saturn and tricked off the Moon's Craters. There's no better feeling than feeling nostalgia but knowing this is something new, that will be remembered in a decades time.

Amazing.

My thumb is actually dented by the A button. This is not a game that is kind to long durations of play.

Would you koing us in the negaf community? there is a group now with only 2 :(

Top Bottom