• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Not to open up a can of worms, but... this game has snaking?

This kind of kills any desire I might have had to play it online.

yeah, first thing i checked and thought "oh ffs... :/ "

not tried online, other than that - offline seems fairly slow even in 150cc, looks very nice, in short : It's Mario Kart!

So what are the weight classes in this? I checked the Mario Wiki, but they keep waffling between showing weights or not, so I'm not sure I can trust them at all on this yet.

Well the Mario Wiki shows weight modifiers for each character, so we can determine the classes from that:
  • Lightest, 2.3 weight: Toad, Koopa Troopa, Lakitu, Shy Guy
  • Light, 2.8 weight: Peach, Daisy, Yoshi
  • Medium, 3 weight: Mario, Luigi
  • Heavy, 3.8 weight: Donkey Kong, Rosalina, Wiggler
  • OMFG Heavy, 4.2 weight: Bowser, Wario, Metal Mario, Honey Queen

Cynosure

Not to open up a can of worms, but... this game has snaking?

This kind of kills any desire I might have had to play it online.

EHdCP.gif

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Isn't the "snaking" in that video clip being triggered or sustained by some kind of item usage? Comments on it say there's a cut and a mushroom involved...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Isn't the "snaking" in that video clip being triggered or sustained by some kind of item usage? Comments on it say there's a cut and a mushroom involved...

Well it does flash white and a mushroom is gone as it skips 5 seconds ahead. Either way, even if it's possible, blue is not nearly as bad as red, and it seems more dependent on width of the track, in DS you could get good enough to do it anywhere on any track with a bigger boost.

I've been playing this for three hours and have yet to unlock any more characters. What gives mang?!

Also, loving this game!

Well, he is snaking. But I don't see where he could pull this off besides Luigis Raceway, which has a straight and wide track as no other course in the game... He has to use the full breadth of the street to keep it coming...

Especially with the new shortcuts and stuff, Snaking doesn't really matter when some random can just take that one shortcut you forgot about and completely ruin whatever small advantage snaking gave you.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I've been playing this for three hours and have yet to unlock any more characters. What gives mang?!

Also, loving this game!

Apparently all the characters are unlocked
in 150cc
, aside from the Mii, which takes the most work to obtain.

p.s., Where did you pick it up in the city?

Especially with the new shortcuts and stuff, Snaking doesn't really matter when some random can just take that one shortcut you forgot about and completely ruin whatever small advantage snaking gave you.

You really think people competitive enough in this game to learn how to snake will just up and forget to take a shortcut?

Hopefully people are right that it's only possible to do on the one course.

Well the Mario Wiki shows weight modifiers for each character, so we can determine the classes from that:
  • Lightest, 2.3 weight: Toad, Koopa Troopa, Lakitu, Shy Guy
  • Light, 2.8 weight: Peach, Daisy, Yoshi
  • Medium, 3 weight: Mario, Luigi
  • Heavy, 3.8 weight: Donkey Kong, Rosalina, Wiggler
  • OMFG Heavy, 4.2 weight: Bowser, Wario, Metal Mario, Honey Queen
I saw that, but I'm not sure I can exactly trust it. Oh well, I updated the op with that stuff, and if it's wrong I'll take it down.

in 150cc

I think you know.

Mii I unlocked by finishing all of the
50cc races.

edit: WTF unskippable credits?

You really think people competitive enough in this game to learn how to snake will just up and forget to take a shortcut?

Hopefully people are right that it's only possible to do on the one course.

Snaking isn't that hard to do, you could do it in Double Dash and some lifeless script kiddies hacked it into Mario Kart Wii. Most of the shortcuts by the looks of it are narrow, high risk, high reward shortcuts. Most of the courses also look Anti-Snaking with trick ramps, piranha plants and goombas everywhere.

in 150cc

My Mii was the first character i got
after winning every cup in 50cc
. Is there a harder way to unlock the Mii?

The Lamp

Snaking?

Game ruined. What sucks is that Nintendo doesn't really patch their games.

Damn it....

EDIT: well at least it isn't as bad as it was in MKDS.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Snaking?

Game ruined. What sucks is that Nintendo doesn't really patch their games.

Damn it....

EDIT: well at least it isn't as bad as it was in MKDS.

I don't have the game yet, but it's probably like Akimbo said above. It looks like you need a REALLY wide and straight track, I doubt it's even possible to do it on most of them.

I didn't get this question answered earlier, but now is a good time to ask. Do Miis change stats or rather weight classes depending on what they look like?

Just saw this and thought it was pretty funny, sorry if it was already posted before.

internet-memes-bill-oreilly-didnt-not-change-enough.jpg

You know, when people complain about mario kart "not changing", I really am interested in what they want changed about it. It's a freaking racing game, really, what is there to change. Heck my problem is that they bring in new things and then completely remove them by the next outing.

You know, when people complain about mario kart "not changing", I really am interested in what they want changed about it. It's a freaking racing game, really, what is there to change. Heck my problem is that they bring in new things and then completely remove them by the next outing.

Needs guns and boobs. That makes all games better.

Oh fuck yes! About time I could finally do that again. I look forward to snaking against all of you now if that was it.

Yes, I am one of those assholes.

I loved snaking too but I could see why people would hate it, I doubt you'd be able to snake much in this game unless you just spammed Luigi's Raceway every game. Which would be sad and boring.

Tenck

Unfortunately my Wifi is down :/

Might have to wait on the game so I can get Wifi up and running. Save some fun for me though!

I loved snaking too but I could see why people would hate it, I doubt you'd be able to snake much in this game unless you just spammed Luigi's Raceway every game. Which would be sad and boring.

Seems like the only place on that track you'd be able to do it is at the tunnel. Just get near a snaker and make it impossible for them to start the momentum :p

Top Bottom