• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

You know, when people complain about mario kart "not changing", I really am interested in what they want changed about it. It's a freaking racing game, really, what is there to change.

Maybe they could branch out a bit genre-wise, make it a different kind of game. I could see this cast maybe working in a platformer or something.

Tenck

No, it's too late Tenck, they USED UP ALL THE FUN

D:

Anyone want to get together for Animal Crossing 3DS?

My Wifi will be fixed by then ;_;

Maybe they could branch out a bit genre-wise, make it a different kind of game. I could see this cast maybe working in a platformer or something.

Then that wouldn't be Mario Kart.

Epcott

Oh boy...
Played too many people snaking to victory on the DS, sad to see it's back, but happy to know it's more difficult to pull off.

Snaking debates killed the MKDS threads at ole 1up, not to mention how badly snaking ruined the games enjoyment.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't pre-order this as I don't think it'll sell out when it releases, but I'm definitely picking it up day 1.

I was going to hold off a week or so till my birthday, but I can't.

BowieZ

Banned
sitting in a dark corner in my bedroom shaking profusely while awaiting the final night before this game is mine. *Posted from my 3DS.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I really am interested in what they want changed about it. It's a freaking racing game, really, what is there to change.

Namco have managed to create two fairly fun Mario Kart arcade games that feel different yet mildly familiar.

Okay the Nintendo well is poluted by the inclusion of FILTHY NAMCO MASCOTS, but there's changes that could be made.

That said - i *and i assume others* know what they are getting into when they buy Mario Kart. Expecting anything other than minor step upgrades surely is long beyond everyones expectation. Haven't tried on line (which i hear is very good) so at the moment it's a great looking version of Mario Kart on the go. Which really is pretty much all people expected, anything else is a bonus.

I'd like to see the game speed up a bit or at least have a much faster version just to see how it pans out. But it's not a biggie as expectation was correctly set before entry.

Namco have managed to create two fairly fun Mario Kart arcade games that feel different yet mildly familiar.

Okay the Nintendo well is poluted by the inclusion of FILTHY NAMCO MASCOTS, but there's changes that could be made.

I guarantee you that, if they released that game as a console title, reviews would still pan it for being the same.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I guarantee you that, if they released that game as a console title, reviews would still pan it for being the same.

i don't think they would because it's significantly different enough - infact, i'd say they'd pan it for NOT being the same! ;)

There's a certain futuristic racing game franchise that has even more entries than Mario Kart but is seemingly immune from the "they're all the same" criticism, despite all of the games being exactly the same. I wonder why that is.

Izayoi

Banned
Billychu your avatar gets exponentially more horrible each time you change it.

It has got to be some kind of record at this point.

Zafir

Can i choose a MK specific screenname so the gaf community knows who i am?
The name used seems to be based on the name of the Mii you use for the online portion. So theoretically you could just make a gaf specific Mii to use on Mario Kart?

Michan

Shhhh, it's OK. Calm down.

I don't know if I'll be able to wait for the post to arrive today

1012_frozen_last_breath.jpg

Top Bottom