• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Robin64

It's a good thing that voice chat isn't during races in 8, let me tell you that. You guys would have been shocked and appalled.

To be more accurate, I was in the lobby when I left and when I came back some minutes later I had clearly timed out in an actual race. lol
Oh wow, your bot is evil then LOL (It came in 2nd btw)

See, I broke my promise and used an item at the end and look what happened :/

No more jankery from me!

It's open!
Serves you right.
LOL yes, yes it did

I don't know why you guys kept trying to bump me when I had rotating items. I told you that I wasn't using them!

Don't get happy Prinny, I drifted foolishly into an oil slick or you would have never caught me :p

Edit: I wasn't going to use that blue but I know you left that banana gauntlet Prinny!

Well, one last 1 on 1 and I'll be done for today too.

Edit: I never cease to find new things to get stuck behind :{

Good games everyone!

Until next time!

Jucksalbe

Banned
I have to learn that hang glider shortcut at the end of Dino Dino Jungle. It wasn't nice when people suddenly appeared in front of me.
I tried it, but so far I only managed to do it twice (out of what I guess was about 30 attempts).

Robin64

I have to learn that hang glider shortcut at the end of Dino Dino Jungle. It wasn't nice when people suddenly appeared in front of me.
I tried it, but so far I only managed to do it twice (out of what I guess was about 30 attempts).

Saw someone do something there during the race myself and gave me the idea to copy.

So as I launched off the glider pad, I noticed I could see the geysers. Heading for those just gave me the off course fade. I guess the furthest you can push it is to cut over the wire fence, right?

ffdgh

You can go over the rock as long as you don't "touch" it but going over the gate is the safer way lol.

Not hard to pull off with peach parasol and a few coins.

ffdgh

What's different about the Peach Parasol? I thought the gliders are all more or less the same.

There are differences.

Standard, gold and beast gliders have the best air speed but the worst air handling. Also gives +.25 weight - .25 acceleration.

Parafoil and Swooper gliders are slightly slower but have decent air handling and air height. Also gives -.25 weight +.25

Peach parasol and Flower gliders are the slowest in the air but offer the best air handling and air height making all glider based shortcuts easier to do. Also gives -.25 weight +.25

For an unrelated little tip, The acceleration stat only takes effect at 1.75, 2.75, 3.75 and 4.75. Meaning if you have 3.50 acceleration for example, it'll actually count as 2.75 instead. Everything below 1.75 and above 4.75 works normally.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Thanks, with the Peach Parasol and Flower Glider I can do it 100% of the time. With everything else, not really.
But at least I now managed to get a decent time on that track. Time to switch to a faster character/kart combination to get better times, I guess.

Top Bottom