• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

kitch9

Banned
I think you take your game a little too seriously, maybe.

I know dude, I mean after a lap or so intense racing with a couple of guys (Or gals.) for first place, with a couple of good shell counters and the only advantage gained is by whoever can powerslide around the apexes the best why wouldn't I want to be completely fucked over by the noob in eighth place who's just learning the ropes?

depward

I know dude, I mean after a lap or so intense racing with a couple of guys (Or gals.) for first place, with a couple of good shell counters and the only advantage gained is by whoever can powerslide around the apexes the best why wouldn't I want to be completely fucked over by the noob in eighth place who's just learning the ropes?

Have you ever played Mario Kart before?

But Mario Kart isn't fair. It's not supposed to be fair. The random number generator screws people over all the time. The best players do well because they tend to do better than everyone else over a period of time—they accept that sometimes they're just going to get screwed over. That's how the game works.

Because it's Mario Kart. You're playing the wrong game if you're expecting serious competitive racing. You'll still have the advantage if you drive better but things like this are going to happen. Does it really matter if you don't win? You know you raced well and got screwed by the blue shell, suck it up and try to have some fun with the game.

Chopper

Has anyone here tried to "Join Friend's Game"' from the Friend List? I've seen a couple of you guys online, but the option is lanked out, presumably cos you were playing single player, so I haven't tried it yet. If one of my friends is in the Gaf community, should I be able to hop into their game, or is it more limited than that?

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Has anyone here tried to "Join Friend's Game"' from the Friend List? I've seen a couple of you guys online, but the option is lanked out, presumably cos you were playing single player, so I haven't tried it yet. If one of my friends is in the Gaf community, should I be able to hop into their game, or is it more limited than that?
I have joined several GAFers through this already, don't know if they were playing in the Gaf community though.

I SUCK at racing, but I usually end up 1st or 2nd in the battle modes. I'm such a Mario Kart noob, this is the first Mario Kart I've ever purchased. The older titles I only rented or played at friends homes.

I'll practice before trying out the NeoGAF communities. If I joined them now, you'd all know know who I am... I'd be the one consistently in last place, lol.

I'm sure this been discussed for years, but what reason do the devs give for why blue shell exists besides trolling?

Unless the race is insanely close somehow, I can't see how the blue shell benefits the 'owner'.

Probably the only thing keeping me away from picking this up right now and all the talk of 3 stars = stay in 1st as long as you can...

When has staying in first ever been the best strategy in MK?

This time the blue shell ploughs through anyone in it's way so it does actually benefit the guy who launches it more than in previous versions. Also it's definitely possible to build up enough of a lead to be safe from one blue shell and everything else can be countered. I actually think you get screwed more for being in the middle of the pack. You end up having more stuff fired at you and you're constantly in danger from the guys behind you ploughing through with the star and bullet bill.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I'm just so amazed people in 1 day can figure out glitched short cuts and snaking while nintendo playtesting never did.

No amount of testing can approach the sheer volume of game usage, even on a single day.

Let's say you have 20 people testing the game. They each test all the tracks, and they spend 10 hours on each track. That's 6400 man hours of testing.

Now consider how many people already own mario kart and how much time each person on average has played it. yeah, doesn't take long for the game to get vetted more by the community than by the testers in terms of time spent. :p

I actually think you get screwed more for being in the middle of the pack. You end up having more stuff fired at you and you're constantly in danger from the guys behind you ploughing through with the star and bullet bill.

Ain't it the truth. Plus, you have a much greater chance of getting lame items.

Tyeforce

Gah, I'm not good enough! .__.

I kinda like the fact that you get the Miis of the people you play with online in your StreetPass Mii Plaza, but at the same time I kinda don't... Now my Plaza is going to be filled with a bunch of random people, lol.

SmokyDave

Grabbed this yesterday. I thought it came out on the 7th for some reason. Goddamn, this is MarioKart. I can't get over how good it looks for a 3DS game. So crisp & smooth. Between this & Mario 3D Land, I'm really impressed at what Nintendo can do with the 3DS.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Grabbed this yesterday. I thought it came out on the 7th for some reason. Goddamn, this is MarioKart. I can't get over how good it looks for a 3DS game. So crisp & smooth. Between this & Mario 3D Land, I'm really impressed at what Nintendo can do with the 3DS.

The 3DS isn't a pushover by any means. Sure it's underpowered in comparison to smartphones and vita but it has some nice guts nonetheless.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
My last one was the SNES version, and it all came flooding back as nothing much has changed apart from that bullshit blue shell which IMO ruins the game.

it's like poker mate. Even the best players who play perfectly get f'd in the a by someone with no brains. The trick is to consistently perform awesome and your wins will outpace your losses.

Top Bottom