• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Can someone with the game confirm if communities are only for live multiplayer racing, or can one be set up for time trials to race ghosts of other players from the community leaderboard?

In other words, can you join a bookmarked community when nobody else in it is online, and still have something to do?

Why the heck does it matter if you can turn on or off every given item? Are people seriously mad that they can't make a green shell/banana/bullet bill race? Who cares?

90% of the customization people would do is already covered by the options they give. You can play with them all on. You can turn off all items, finally. I could see just mushrooms being a popular choice too, and bananas only is a good non-overpowered choice.

I'm just not feeling any intense frustration at not being able to play a star/mushroom/lightning only race or whatever.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Why the heck does it matter if you can turn on or off every given item? Are people seriously mad that they can't make a green shell/banana/bullet bill race? Who cares?

90% of the customization people would do is already covered by the options they give. You can play with them all on. You can turn off all items, finally. I could see just mushrooms being a popular choice too, and bananas only is a good non-overpowered choice.

I'm just not feeling any intense frustration at not being able to play a star/mushroom/lightning only race or whatever.

People like to bitch and make mountains out of mole hills. Most people who hear you can't turn off just the blue shell will probably freak and storm away in fury - without even discovering the blue shell behavior has been modified in the first place, for this game. To address complaints.

Esiquio

Battle Course 1 (GBA) is actually Battle Course 4 from Super Mario Kart, aka the best battle course in any kart game, ever. HYPE!

I don't know why, but I always play as Yoshi in these games.

Anyway, I hope I connect with this one more than I did MK Wii. I don't know why - on paper that game had just about everything you could want in a Mario Kart title, but I could never get into it. I hope the vehicles in this one are enough to rekindle that spark for me.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Lol probably not although that would be useful

That's the beauty of the community system.

To be serious though, it's a cool idea. With it's own cons.
I like it so I don't have to add random people for certain games and not take up my friendslist space.

I like it so I don't have to add random people for certain games and not take up my friendslist space.
And people like me won't have to worry about having to ask people to play or hoping people on friends list are on. I can just see if anybody is in the community room.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Please take Mario Kart 7 discussion here. Sorry Oni :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom