• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Waluigi even necessary anymore? He was originally conceived as a bad version of Luigi, but I think Luigi has come to fulfill that role himself. We don't need a bad version of Luigi because Luigi is fucking creepy. He's like this shifty, lying coward who will shove a knife in your back.

Ezalc

Is Waluigi even necessary anymore? He was originally conceived as a bad version of Luigi, but I think Luigi has come to fulfill that role himself. We don't need a bad version of Luigi because Luigi is fucking creepy. He's like this shifty, lying coward who will shove a knife in your back.

Insulting Waluigi AND Luigi?!

boo-this-man-gif.8272

I cannot wait for this game.

Edit: Keep the WaLuigi discussion out of this thread please. WaLuigi isn't a real character.

The coins actually increase speed like SMK? Awesome. I thought they were just for buying parts. That makes the game mechanics so much more interesting. With speed coins, two tiers of drift, gliders, underwater, and all the short cuts and new items, this is looking to be a really deep entry into the series.

It does need Waluigi though. At least there aren't babies. The babies were terrible. And what's with Wiggler and Queen Bee getting heat? I'd rather use them than Metal Mario who is just a clone character.

rpmurphy

Is this going to be the OT?

Shy Guy being playable is awesome. I have no idea how anyone could keep a straight face while playing as it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I started using Yoshi, since he's pretty well balanced, over Wario. Since they ruined Wario after Mario Kart 64. I hope he's better in this one.

Neiteio

I'm a Bowser man, through and through. Happy to see there are THREE Bowser-themed levels. (Four if you count Airship Fortress!)

Shy Guy and Wiggler have me intrigued, though.

that retro list of courses is amazing, especially the last course in it :D :D :D but the music will be remixed huh, give me the original track :D

I'll be using Yoshi, just like every other mario kart, then switch around , tradition

Mista Koo

Tried it at a convention two days ago. It was the full game. We tried Piranha Plant Slide, Music Park and another one I forgot.
The controls and items were fine (only seen one blue shell) and the level designs were good (although I wanted Piranha Plant Slide to have less sewers and more retro overworld).
My only complaint is that for some reason the 3D gave me a headache even though I only played 3 races, other games did that to me as well but after a while of playing and it wasn't as severe. I'm not sure whether it's because of the game or that the device wasn't steady.

I wanted to try the first person mode but the guy there didn't know how to use it and I was too busy winning to try :p

Also the amount of hate for Waluigi is unbelievable, even Metal Mario and Queen Bee don't get as much hate.

p1shU.png

clemenx

Banned
Ehhh don't really like Lakitu Wiggler and Metal Mario. I'm probably the 1st to say this in history of the world but I'd rather have the babies.

Where's my dry bones :mad:

«þ»

Am I the only one that plays as Mario?

Really looking forward to this, but I wonder why they got rid of the fake item box?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was so going to be 'I'm not going to buy a 3ds, but everything about this looks amazing, and I can't resist Gamestop's Zelda 3DS.

I'm such a sucker. :[

Seriously contemplating using Shy Guy. I don't understand why they included the bee though.

where the hell are the pre order goodies!!
In Germany we get yet another themed pouch. Oh well, fine with me since I would've pre-ordered anyway.

Yes, let's talk about the game that none of us are playing yet.
Apparently review copies are out (at least in Europe). There are impressions in the review thread.

Waluigi completely redeems himself in Mario Strikers.
This princess speaks the truth.

Madao

wait WTF?!

no VS mode in 1p? how will i be able to simulate the All Cup Tour? damn, what a bummer....

looks like i'll be putting all my time into Time Attack.

too bad about Waluigi and most of the chars that got cut. i think they'll return for the WiiU MK since a lot of the MKDD cast got cut for MKDS and then they came back in MKW.
at least they didn't do anything to my women. if that happened, it would really devastate me.

vanty

So can every character (eventually) use every car like in MKDS or can they only use 5 or whatever like in MKWii?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom